PDA

View Full Version : Erie's Johnson added to Steelers roster

AZ_Steeler
10-15-2006, 12:20 AM
Sounds like this kid has been on a wild ride this year, signed with 3 teams in 3 weeks!. St. Pierre was let go to make room for Jovan Johnson.

I don't know much about this kid, I will see what I can find though...

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/15761426.htm

PITTSBURGH - Jovon Johnson, a rookie defensive back from Iowa, was activated from the Pittsburgh Steelers practice squad on Saturday and quarterback Brian St. Pierre was released.

Johnson has signed with three teams in less than three weeks. He expected to play this year for his hometown Erie (Pa.) Freeze of the American Indoor Football Federation before signing with Las Vegas of the Arena Football League. He was added to the Steelers' practice squad last week following a tryout.

Johnson, a former Mercyhurst Prep player in Erie, probably will be on the active roster Sunday against Kansas City because starting cornerback Deshea Townsend has a sore hamstring. Townsend, listed as questionable, would be replaced in the starting lineup by second-year cornerback Bryant McFadden.

The 5-foot-8, 177-pound Johnson had 17 career interceptions for Iowa.

St. Pierre was a fifth-round pick by the Steelers in 2003. He was on and off their roster repeatedly before being cut before the 2005 season. He returned last month after being cut by the Baltimore Ravens.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Just think, going from the Erie Freeze to the Pittsburgh Steelers in 3 weeks ! :eek: It's gotta be exciting for him.

Nothing against this kid but I sure as hell hope we don't have to use him anytime soon. Just activated to the roster and already he's in a position where he could see action if someone else goes down.

AZ_Steeler
10-15-2006, 12:39 AM
From the kids bio he doesn't sound to shabby...

Jovan Johnson - College Bio (http://hawkeyesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/johnson_jovon00.html)

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-15-2006, 02:54 AM
5'8" yikes that is really small for a cornerback.

Captcoolhand
10-15-2006, 03:13 AM
5'8" yikes that is really small for a cornerback.
You're not kidding, Unless of coarse He has a 45-50" vertical:dunno:

Prosdo
10-15-2006, 03:18 AM
Interesting move. The guy does seem very undersized though.

House of Steel
10-15-2006, 09:26 AM
I am 5' 10" and could cover a wide receiver real good. Why the heck didn't they look into me? LOL. I can really jump high and got long arms.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-15-2006, 11:46 AM
I am 5' 10" and could cover a wide receiver real good. Why the heck didn't they look into me? LOL. I can really jump high and got long arms.

I'm sorry but I do not think there is enough time in the day. To cover all the reasons. Why they did not look into you. :lol:

House of Steel
10-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Hey, I play mean, when those WR start trash talking, I start hitting them harder and harder. You think they are going to be fearing me after the game, I could be a modern day Jack Lambert before I am done.

There is a semi-pro football team here in Cleveland, Cleveland Rams I believe, and they have been bugging me to try out cause I have a friend on that team that told the coaches about my game at Toledo and such. I told him, I am out of shape. He said, if I get into shape, next fall, I should try out. Believe it or not, some NFL scouts actually attend these games and watch for some certain players. Browns gotten about four of them off this team. Cleveland Rams have won 4 straight league titles.

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-15-2006, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=House of Steel;23231]I am 5' 10" and could cover a wide receiver real good. Why the heck didn't they look into me? LOL. I can really jump high and got long arms.[/QUOTE

:dunno: :lol:

House of Steel
10-15-2006, 11:57 AM
You big doofus!!! :bigfinger:

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-15-2006, 12:11 PM
I could not pull up the attachment

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-15-2006, 12:11 PM
You big doofus!!! :bigfinger:

Sorry couldn't resist!!!:hilarious:

House of Steel
10-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Yada Yada Yada.....it all in the fun.....cool joke. I liked it.