PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger AFC Offensive Player of the Week & FedEx Air Player of the Week

ejsteeler
10-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Official site of the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://news.steelers.com/article/97361/)

Roethlisberger AFC Offensive Player of the Week
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance against the Jaguars.

Roethlisberger completed 26 of 41 passes for a season high 309 yards and three touchdowns in the 26-21 win over Jacksonville.

“It’s nice, but I like the win better,” said Roethlisberger. “That is all that matters to me. I am not going to lie and say it’s not a great honor, because it is. But to me it’s about team things and we won the game.”

Roethlisberger led the Steelers on an 11-play, 80-yard game-winning drive in the fourth quarter, capping it off with an eight-yard touchdown pass to Hines Ward.

“I would like to think this game was the spark that we needed,” said Roethlisberger. “We kind of struggled offensively the previous weeks and maybe this was the spark we needed to get going.”

Roethlisberger plans on taking advantage of the time off this weekend with the bye to let his body heal.

“I am going to relax and get away from it,” said Roethlisberger. “It’s important to take some time and let the body heal and mentally get refocused. I don’t have anything too serious, bumps and bruises and stuff like that. For me it’s getting those bruises worked out and feeling good next week.

“It’s a good way to go into the break. It’s coming at the right time. It’s a time for people who have bumps and bruises to really get healed up. I think we’ll come back next week and feel really good about ourselves and where we are at.”

He earned it big time for that performance. He is one of the best, no doubt about it. :cope:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, and don't forget to vote for him and Woodley for weekly honors on NFL.com as well!!!!!!
Defensive player of the week (http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-defense)

Air and Ground player of the week. (http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-air-and-ground)

AZ_Steeler
10-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Congrats to Ben :clap:

And I got my votes in....

ejsteeler
10-08-2008, 03:36 PM
I almost forgot, Tomlin is up for Motorola Coach of the week....

Motorola Coach of the week on NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=coaches)

memphissteelergirl
10-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Way to go, Big Ben!!

:tt02::cope::party5:

Steelmatic
10-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Keep up the good work Ben! Congraz!

Stairwayto7
10-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Well Deserved!

Fire Arians

PsychoWard
10-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Well Deserved!

Fire Arians

:ditto: and :ditto: :lol:

steelersgal86
10-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Wow...way to go Ben...Congrats :gosteelers:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Ben is a gamer.....One of the best games I have seen him play considering the Steelers injuries to the RBs.....

steelerschick1220
10-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Congrats to Ben!!!!! He really deserved it.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Ben was just stellar last weekend, congrats!!! Now let's hope Tomlin & Arians let him do more of the same from here on out!!

Stlrs4Life
10-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Well deserved Ben.

SteelersWoman
10-09-2008, 02:47 AM
Voted, voted, and voted :)

ToothAche
10-09-2008, 08:51 AM
he still holds on to the ball too long....................grumble grumble....

ejsteeler
10-10-2008, 02:54 PM
http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-air-and-ground

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger of the Pittsburgh Steelers and running back Clinton Portis of the Washington Redskins are the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week for games played on Oct. 5-6.

Roethlisberger completed 26 of 41 passes for 309 yards and three touchdowns in the Steelers' 2621 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. Roethlisberger played through a shoulder injury, helping the Steelers improve to 4-1.

Portis rushed for 145 yards and a touchdown on 29 carries against the NFL's top-ranked rush defense in the Redskins' 2317 win over the Philadelphia Eagles to stay atop the NFC East at 4-1.

Roethlisberger and Portis were selected from among six finalists in Air and Ground categories. The other FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week finalists were quarterbacks Eli Manning of the New York Giants and Kurt Warner of the Arizona Cardinals, and running backs Ronnie Brown of the Miami Dolphins and DeAngelo Williams of the Carolina Panthers.

Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program, for the first time, FedEx is teaming up with Safe Kids USA -- a national non-profit organization that works to prevent accidental injury among children -- to deliver safer kids by making weekly $1,000 donations in the winning players' names. The funding directly benefits local Safe Kids coalitions in that team's city, to fund pedestrian safety improvements throughout the year. This year, FedEx celebrates its fifth year of the program and will surpass the $1 million mark in funding to create safer communities for children.

New this season, fans can tune into the "FedEx Air & Ground Lowdown" posted only on NFL.com/FedEx starting Wednesday mornings. The show examines the nominees in the Air & Ground categories through exclusive video highlights and expert analysis. NFL Network's Marshall Faulk and Terrell Davis host the weekly show.

FedEx, the premier global provider of transportation, e-commerce and supply-chain management services, is the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl. Through the weekly FedEx Air & Ground Awards, FedEx recognizes those NFL players who represent the same speed, precision and teamwork that their customers have come to expect from the full range of FedEx air, ground, freight and international shipping services, delivering safer kids in the process. With thousands of trucks out on the roads each day, FedEx is committed to improving pedestrian safety for children, by funding education programs and environmental improvements, from signage and crosswalks to pedestrian walkways near schools and playgrounds.

AZ_Steeler
10-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Go Big Ben!! :clap:

SteelerSteve
10-10-2008, 06:25 PM
I kinda think having Willie and Mendenhall out this game was in some ways a blessing in disguise lol. I think it showed that Ben can take over a game as a passer and maybe we'll start to see him given more opportunities to put the team on his back and have bigger statistical games as well as wins.:yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Dude is probably going to need another trophy case pretty soon..LOL

SteelerSteve
10-11-2008, 12:49 AM
he still holds on to the ball too long....................grumble grumble.... Yeah, but thats when alot of big plays happen though so I cant complain too much.

BlitzburghNation
10-11-2008, 12:50 AM
Alright Big Ben ,,,, Helluva a game :clap:

They were bragging on him on siius radio this morning !

Black@Gold Forever32
10-11-2008, 01:24 AM
I kinda think having Willie and Mendenhall out this game was in some ways a blessing in disguise lol. I think it showed that Ben can take over a game as a passer and maybe we'll start to see him given more opportunities to put the team on his back and have bigger statistical games as well as wins.:yesnod:

Which was my point a few weeks ago and which you replied I was whining...lol So you can **** Off Sir...lol

SteelerSteve
10-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Which was my point a few weeks ago and which you replied I was whining...lol So you can **** Off Sir...lol Holy ****. I know what your point was and I thought I made it clear what mine was. I was saying that as long as we win games then I see no reason to complain whether Ben has 18 attempts or 50 and I said myself that it would be cool to see Ben be able to throw the ball a little more but if what they're doing is working then thats fine too. They still had success running the ball in this game which is always a good thing. I know you wont let it go though so I might as well not even try, so go ahead and keep being an ***.

portcityblackandgold
10-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Great Job great victory