PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor struggling alittle bit this year?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Has anyone else noticed Taylor seeming to struggle alittle bit this season so far? Against the Jags he was beaten a few times and out of position a few others. The secondary overall is playing great so it's hard to find fault with any of them but oddly enough Taylor seems to be the one having a few problems this season. Granted they generally put him 1 on 1 a lot with the opposing teams top WR but still....

jpele
10-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Has anyone else noticed Taylor seeming to struggle alittle bit this season so far? Against the Jags he was beaten a few times and out of position a few others. The secondary overall is playing great so it's hard to find fault with any of them but oddly enough Taylor seems to be the one having a few problems this season. Granted they generally put him 1 on 1 a lot with the opposing teams top WR but still....

I was thinking the same thing, but I want to see how he does against the Bengals before I jump all over Ike.

Even though we have their number, they still have Johnson,Houshmanzada and Henry should be on the field when we play.

$teelersRule
10-07-2008, 11:54 PM
dont forget he did switch to the other side this past year

Black@Gold Forever32
10-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Ok I disagree about Ike struggling...I don't recall Ike being burnt for any long TDs so far this year...So what if Ike gives some catches here in there...He isn't going to shut every WR out from catching some passes....As long Ike isn't getting burnt long for a TD or missing tackles when a WR catches a pass that leads to a big gain or a TD then I'm happy.....

Troyisabeast_43
10-08-2008, 01:06 AM
I was thinking the same thing, but I want to see how he does against the Bengals before I jump all over Ike.

Even though we have their number, they still have Johnson,Houshmanzada and Henry should be on the field when we play.

Ike owns Chad Johnson he always has and always will so I wouldnt worry too much about him struggling in the Bengals game. McFadden for as well as he is playing will do a good job on TJ and should contain him enough to where it doesnt kill us. While I dont fear this game with the Bengals coming up next week, the Steelers just better be sure they dont come out of the bye week sleeping against them. I say this because chances are the Bengals will still be winless at 0-6 when they do meet next week, and they would love nothing more then to get that first win of the season against the one team they hate the most in the Steelers. So again, while I dont think that will happen the Steelers just cannot go into that game and let their guard down against an inferior team much like they did last season so many times.

AZ_Steeler
10-08-2008, 02:58 AM
Ok I disagree about Ike struggling...I don't recall Ike being burnt for any long TDs so far this year...So what if Ike gives some catches here in there...He isn't going to shut every WR out from catching some passes....As long Ike isn't getting burnt long for a TD or missing tackles when a WR catches a pass that leads to a big gain or a TD then I'm happy.....

That is always a plus when Ike is not burnt for a long... as long as he keeps the ball in front of him then I think he's doing fine!

Maybe we haven't heard his name much because QB's are afraid to test him! :D That's one way to look at it.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Our secondary in general is playing pretty well but to me it seems like Ike is just a second too late on multiple occasions especially on 3rd down. Again Im not saying he's playing poorly, as long as he's not getting toasted every play it's not that big of a deal but I think it bears watching in the coming in the coming weeks to see how well he's doing. He was the main guy covering the Ratbirds primary target who had a pretty big game. We do have the Bengals coming up though so that's definitely a recipe for success with Ike vs Ocho Stinko :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Here's a good article from the PG (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_591733.html) that talks about Ike's performance. I like his potential, I always have and I hope he continues to improve, I'd like to see him be able to close quicker and now stay so far off when he's engaging his opponent down the field. It's just MHO though and hell as long as we are a top flight defense and the team is doing well it's hard to be nit picky but somebody has too I guess..LOL

Gettysburgh_Steel
10-08-2008, 11:54 PM
It could relate to the coverages they are using now.Dick can change that pretty damn quick in this next segment of the season. He'll be alright i'm sure.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2008, 12:09 AM
I understand the complaints about the 3rd and longs given up.....Its something to keep in an eye on no doubt....But I'm happy if teams don't burn us deep.....I know I don't have to remind Top Gun or most any other Steelers fans on this site how Chad Scott and Dewayne Washington used to get burned deep on a consistent basis in the earlier part of this decade....

Ike is a good player and gets the job done for the most part....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Goodness lets not relive those nightmares of Chad Scott getting burnt on every play or Dewayne Washington and his seemingly endless ability to not be able to tackle. :lol: Trust me I'll take Ike over either of those 2 in a heartbeat.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2008, 01:01 AM
Goodness lets not relive those nightmares of Chad Scott getting burnt on every play or Dewayne Washington and his seemingly endless ability to not be able to tackle. :lol: Trust me I'll take Ike over either of those 2 in a heartbeat.

I knew I didn't have to remind you of those nightmares....:lol: But that is exactly why I'm happy with Ike....I prefer if the offense is going to complete a pass this D then it be the shorter to medium routes instead of the deep bombs.....Trust me I'm frustrated by the 3rd and longs given up...Nothing pisses me off more then 3rd longs converted for first downs ok maybe Bruce Arians play calling pisses me off more...lol But that is a close second....

But the pass rush could get there a tad quicker on 3rd down to...I know that is really nit pickings since Harrison and Woodley have been beasts the whole year....But just saying its the pass rushers take some of the blame to for those converted 1st downs on 3rd and long....

Gettysburgh_Steel
10-09-2008, 01:17 AM
Ike will be fine. If dick wants to give that look, so be it.Other teams will notice that too.He has plenty of back-up behind him.He is what we have to work with before the bye. I am happy @4-1. Adjustments can be made. The 3rd and 17's converted does not appeal to me either,but we only bent ,we did not break.:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02: