PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Tagged for $20,000; Ward tagged for $5,000

SteelfordWexler
10-07-2008, 10:16 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8652330/Sources:-Harrison-fined-$20K-for-ripping-ref's-call

I didn't hear the offending comment during the post game coverage. It's pretty funny, but not worth $20k. This guy can't catch a break.

Hey James - Just keep punishing quarterbacks. Your pro-bowl bonus will cover the fines.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Yo that's bull **** from what i heard all he said was that it was an bad call, man these ref's stinks.:cursin::cursin::cursin::rant2:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2008, 11:22 PM
That hit shouldn't even be fined at all, any dumbass that saw the hit knows that James was within a half step of hitting Garrard when the ball was released so there was no way he was going to be able to pull up...this is just the NFL being their vindictive, egotistical, and money grubbing selves in levying a fine of 20K just because a player said something out of anger.

jpele
10-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Every year the officiating gets a little worse. Instead of working to fix the problem they fine players and coaches for talking about it.

LarryNJ
10-07-2008, 11:50 PM
After the NBA refs issues that comment isn't that outrageous, and it certianly doesn't call fo a 20g fine.

MOTORKRAFT
10-08-2008, 01:54 AM
Nonsense, complete nonsense.

Steelmatic
10-08-2008, 01:59 AM
That is NFL in a nutshell! Sadness....

AZ_Steeler
10-08-2008, 02:57 AM
I hope he made it worth the $20K because the call was ***!!!! There is no way in hell that is every called roughing the passer... it was instantaneous! Harrison was laying the thunder just has the QB was releasing the ball, definitely a home field advantage call!

Prosdo
10-08-2008, 09:38 AM
What a joke!

yinzer
10-08-2008, 10:00 AM
dont worry. harrison will take this fine out on carson palmer's arse.

ejsteeler
10-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Total :willybs:

memphissteelergirl
10-08-2008, 10:48 AM
I've heard players say and do a helluva lot worse and get away with it. This is beyond stupid! :evilshake:

Charlie
10-08-2008, 11:49 AM
What F* is that????? :evilshake: There have been a lot WORSE things said!!!!! Total and utter :willybs:

DIESELMAN
10-08-2008, 12:46 PM
No Fun League.......its all good, Silverback will take it out on every QB for the rest of the schedule.....20 G's in *** whoopin comin y'alls way boys!!!!!

lloydfan4life
10-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Every year the officiating gets a little worse. Instead of working to fix the problem they fine players and coaches for talking about it.

:plus1::plus1::plus1:
You hit the nail on the head! :yellowthumb:
It's really becoming pathetic! I read somewhere on another post that the officials should start being fined for their bad calls and I couldn't agree more. And to go a step further I think the commish should be fined just for being stupid.

Mike Tomlin was asked what his take was and he said 'I have no comment on the officiating'. Isn't any wonder. He wanted to hang on to his money!

Stairwayto7
10-08-2008, 06:28 PM

Yeah everybody knows they suck, but dont say it.

Silverback 92
10-08-2008, 06:45 PM
its one thing to loose a game to the oposing team its another thing entirely to get beat by a ref and a lame azz call...

Gettysburgh_Steel
10-08-2008, 09:13 PM
:plus1::plus1::plus1:
You hit the nail on the head! :yellowthumb:
It's really becoming pathetic! I read somewhere on another post that the officials should start being fined for their bad calls and I couldn't agree more. And to go a step further I think the commish should be fined just for being stupid.

Mike Tomlin was asked what his take was and he said 'I have no comment on the officiating'. Isn't any wonder. He wanted to hang on to his money!

Yea buddy you better keep your mouth shut or the league could come looking for you too!!(LOL) The call was bad as i see it too! Ben takes plenty of shots after the ball has been let go!!But there are no penalties called.Guess he has the reputation for holding on to the ball so long,that we have to accept that.The fine was out of the realm of the real world.I hope he can appeal.Just the late hit alone could cost 15,000. He was not fined for that,:evilshake: Speak your mind to the press,and it rises to 20,000? Thought you were suppose to address the media; but to get a fine for it?Not the hit,but for your opinion? Something is wrong with that pic.:evilshake:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah everybody knows they suck, but dont say it.

They sure call them out on tv commercials though. Wonder if they get fined for it?:stirpot:

AZSteelerfan
10-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Thats BS.....they need to fine that dumb@ss ref for making a joke of a call...guess you cant speak your mind without a little retaliation....seriously they need to start fining the refs who make some of these dumb calls

lloydfan4life
10-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Steelers Notebook: Harrison, Ward hit with fines

Thursday, October 09, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Linebacker James Harrison was not the only Steelers player fined recently. Hines Ward was hit with one, too.

Ward received notice from the NFL that his pay will be docked $5,000 for what the league described as "unnecessary roughness" for his play against Baltimore Sept. 29 in Heinz Field.

What play, Ward wanted to know, because he never drew a penalty.

"That's what's so crazy about it," the Steelers' leading receiver said yesterday. "How do you not get penalized but you get a fine?

"It was on [cornerback] Corey Ivy, I think. I don't know. All I saw was the letter, $5,000 for unnecessary roughness."

Ward, regarded widely as the most vicious blocking wide receiver in the NFL, said he probably will not appeal the fine.

"What are you going to say, I was too rough?"

http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/08283/918588-66.stm

This is complete bullsh1t and is really starting to get out of hand. :cursin:
How the hell can Hines get fined when he wasn't penalized??
Maybe Mr. Goodell should change the NFL required gear to skirts instead of shoulder pads.
What a farce!!!
We need a new commissioner!!

ToothAche
10-09-2008, 10:02 AM
What happened thi year?? Why is the league putting this pressure on the refs to make these calls?? Questionable calls should be left for the league office to review. They are handing out fines every Friday for players violating their new "safe hitting" rule. The refs are terrible this year, and I believe its from the pressure from Goodell's office.

..........just to let you know, the league is thinking about making a rule that a defensive player must make an attempt to pull the flags off of the ball carrier before any contact to the body can be made. :haha:

I hope I dont get fined for that comment

ejsteeler
10-09-2008, 10:27 AM
These new pansy a$$ rules are ruining the game. Injuries have always been part of it and to try to eliminate them by softening up the game is just plain stupid. This is all because of the heat they are getting for not taking care of older "disabled" players. I don't freakin feel sorry for them in that regard. Sure, I do not want people hurt or to suffer, but give me a break! You made how many millions and you can't afford insurance? This whole thing reaks and is just going to get worse because our society is so sensitive and touchy feely that political correctness is more of a priority than anything else.

LIFE IS HARD!!! WEAR A FREAKIN HELMET!!!!!

:rant2: :rant2: :rant2: :rant2: :rant2: :rant2: :rant2:

SteelfordWexler
10-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Ok - Harrison made a comment and got fined for it. Total BS, but you can see why he got fined. Ward doesn't get any penalties and the league reviews the film and says he is playing too rough??? There is little to say about that. They are obviously trying to change this into arena football - where you throw the ball all over the place. Rules are already making it nearly impossible to defend the pass - now they are punishing aggressive blocking?? I think the days of tough physical teams dominating in the NFL are numbered if not already gone. As a Steeler fan - that is a sad realization.

SteelersWoman
10-09-2008, 12:53 PM
I only get upset when it only goes one way in a game. If yer gonna call it (whatever "it" may be), call it on BOTH sides.

Don't call a "roughing the passer" penalty on us for PULLING DOWN A SOCK, when our QB routinely get driven into the ground long after the ball's left his hand week after week and it NEVER gets called. That's the one that irritates me more than any other (in case no one noticed lol)

AZ_Steeler
10-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Ward was hit with a fine as well for the Baltimore game!

Ward received notice from the NFL that his pay will be docked $5,000 for what the league described as "unnecessary roughness" for his play against Baltimore Sept. 29 in Heinz Field.

"That's what's so crazy about it," the Steelers' leading receiver said yesterday. "How do you not get penalized but you get a fine?

"It was on [cornerback] Corey Ivy, I think. I don't know. All I saw was the letter, $5,000 for unnecessary roughness."

Ward, regarded widely as the most vicious blocking wide receiver in the NFL, said he probably will not appeal the fine.

Steelmatic
10-09-2008, 03:57 PM
NFL is such a big joke sometimes, I can't get the Ward fine at all. I mean if he wasn't penalized at all, what's then the idea to give him a fine?! Makes no sense.

Roger Gordell needs to put his focus on the main part, which means football and not how much the players are acting outside the football field. He do a heck of a job to turn around players positive, but he needs to get his *** on all those problems that happens on the field. There is no question that the referees have been more badly the last coulpe of weeks.

Captcoolhand
10-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Thursday, October 09, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Linebacker James Harrison was not the only Steelers player fined recently. Hines Ward was hit with one, too.

AT THIS POINT, What the hell is happening with the game of football?
No taunting, no celebrating, no this no that. Jesus Christ, how long before they start introducing woman to the sport?

"Sally Beth hurt her tit...Unnecessary roughness - 15 yds"

lloydfan4life
10-09-2008, 05:19 PM
AT THIS POINT, What the hell is happening with the game of football?
No taunting, no celebrating, no this no that. Jesus Christ, how long before they start introducing woman to the sport?

"Sally Beth hurt her tit...Unnecessary roughness - 15 yds"

They already have..... ever hear of the Lingerie Bowl??

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd95/lloydfan4life/L%20Bowl/r3710554073.jpg

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd95/lloydfan4life/L%20Bowl/?start=20

These women hit harder than the NFL allows their players to hit!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2008, 05:27 PM
For God sakes, now they are fining players 2 weeks after the fact for stuff that wasn't even that bad. I remember the play in question and the hit wasn't anything that should have drawn a penalty. It's the Ravens vs Steelers for cryin out loud it's always a rough game!

Captcoolhand
10-09-2008, 05:31 PM
They already have..... ever hear of the Lingerie Bowl??

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd95/lloydfan4life/L%20Bowl/r3710554073.jpg

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd95/lloydfan4life/L%20Bowl/?start=20

These women hit harder than the NFL allows their players to hit!That's entertainment.
We have Rec. leagues here in Ohio that are for women.(that are probably better than those girls) But, I'm talking about how long before we see them in the NFL.

Football just is not what it use to be.
Hell, Washington got a penalty for holding up the ball and saying something to a guy on the side lines. :wtf:

NCSteeler
10-14-2008, 12:22 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_593108.html

Ward hit with another unspecified fine WTF!! If these things are so bad why the hell is he not getting penalized. Complete and utter bullshiat. I agree with Ward I would like to see what the people getting flagged are paying in fines, since he's not even getting flagged.

SteelersWoman
10-14-2008, 05:38 AM
If nothing else, it's a way for the NFL to pad their own pockets...must be nice to have total control over someone else's wallet, and dip into it whenever ya want, eh?

NCSteeler
10-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Just F'n ridiculess, now they fined Washington 7500 for taunting when he held the ball out. I wonder if there is some where you can go to se all fines league wide. Should'nt everyone who taunted get the same fine? I havn't heard of any Jags getting fined from our game. Rooney needs to get to the bottom of this ****!
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08288/919846-100.stm

Clevelandsux
10-15-2008, 05:43 PM
I don't understand why they aren't fining that p.o.s Shaun Rogers.

Dean Denton
10-15-2008, 06:40 PM
1. I'm still waiting to find out what hit Ward got busted for. You all left me hangin on that one. 2. My father and I call out fines or flags everytime the QB gets hit now. Rogers hit Eli 2 times alot harder than what Harris or Woodley hit whats his face for the jags. Every time aa QB gets hit and theres no flag I get pissed because we get it every time.
Are the Rooney's hangin out with Al Davis because the NFL will take shots at people that associate themselves with that guy. Best if everyone stay clear of Al Davis.

SteelfordWexler
10-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Are the Rooney's hangin out with Al Davis because the NFL will take shots at people that associate themselves with that guy. Best if everyone stay clear of Al Davis.

LOL - I think Al Davis is probably one of the last people you'd see Dan Rooney hanging out with. Are you old enough to remember how ugly our rivalry was with the Raiders in the early/mid-70's? Those were some really dirty games. Jack Tatum used to routinely clean Lynn Swann's clock. Swann publically called him a criminal - I think it was a big contributor to his relatively early retirement (he got concussions in a couple of games in a row with them). The worst was when they publicly accused us of cheating in one of our playoff games - we apparently iced down the visitor's sideline (good idea, but I doubt we did it). I think Dan and Al are not very close.

Dean Denton
10-15-2008, 08:22 PM
LOL - I think Al Davis is probably one of the last people you'd see Dan Rooney hanging out with. Are you old enough to remember how ugly our rivalry was with the Raiders in the early/mid-70's? Those were some really dirty games. Jack Tatum used to routinely clean Lynn Swann's clock. Swann publically called him a criminal - I think it was a big contributor to his relatively early retirement (he got concussions in a couple of games in a row with them). The worst was when they publicly accused us of cheating in one of our playoff games - we apparently iced down the visitor's sideline (good idea, but I doubt we did it). I think Dan and Al are not very close.
I was a little young, but I know the rivalry well. My dad is from Oakland. This is my favorite match up. And dont kid yourself, we iced down there sideline.....lol I really wish the Raiders could get back on top with us. The biggest money maker in the NFL is Raiders VS Steelers. Its smokes Colts-Pats. Everyone lines up to see Raiders-Steelers. Theres real history there, and that when the game was played like it should be played. QB did wear skirts back in the day.

lloydfan4life
10-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Just F'n ridiculess, now they fined Washington 7500 for taunting when he held the ball out. I wonder if there is some where you can go to se all fines league wide. Should'nt everyone who taunted get the same fine? I havn't heard of any Jags getting fined from our game. Rooney needs to get to the bottom of this shiat!
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08288/919846-100.stm

This is just gettin' out of hand now. :cursin:
WTF!!
Imagine if they'd have pulled this crap back in the 70's.
Lambert would still be paying off all of the fines he'd have had!

MOTORKRAFT
10-15-2008, 11:21 PM
The N.F.L. is really going down hill. Bad judgement calls, bad officiating on obvious calls. Players being targeted for fines. No salary cap in the future (do the Cowboys even have a salary cap now)? I told one of my friends that team mates in NASCAR would be the death of that sport (It resulted in the death of one of their main superstars shortly there after). I still believe team mates in NASCAR will destroy that sport and I am starting to believe that Roger Goodell is on a faster pace to destroy the N.F.L. I am convinced that the Pats. tapes were destroyed to protect the league all of this nonsense leads me to believe that both sports are well on their way to being classified as entertainment instead of sports. I hope I'm wrong.