PDA

View Full Version : I`m glad the Steelers won, but.........................

Stairwayto7
10-06-2008, 06:53 AM
....................... why can`t we put away some teams earlier, when we play late? LOL. Usually I get up around 4:00 am, I just won`t a blow out early, for an 8:15 game, just once this season. This would make my Monday or Tuesday alot easier.

All joking aside, great game offense, and defense. I`m wondering how much freedom Ben was given last night? Because he was on.

Blitzburghpete
10-06-2008, 07:00 AM
I think we're being too hard on the team here.

We have officially got the hardest schedule in 25 years and each team we play - the Jags, Ravens etc are making it hard for us and not the walkover teams that can be put away like the Lions.

The jags last night played us tough, not us not finishing although i did notice that we had the Jags in quite a lot of 3rd and longs which they still converted.

The Jags are a tough team and i doubt anyone will finish them off and walk awya early.... and there are very few teams you can do that too - just ask the Texans ( te hee ) 17 points up with 4 minutes to play....

Anywho - the bye week can't come quick enough for us.

Stairwayto7
10-06-2008, 07:48 AM
I think we're being too hard on the team here.

We have officially got the hardest schedule in 25 years and each team we play - the Jags, Ravens etc are making it hard for us and not the walkover teams that can be put away like the Lions.

The jags last night played us tough, not us not finishing although i did notice that we had the Jags in quite a lot of 3rd and longs which they still converted.

The Jags are a tough team and i doubt anyone will finish them off and walk awya early.... and there are very few teams you can do that too - just ask the Texans ( te hee ) 17 points up with 4 minutes to play....

Anywho - the bye week can't come quick enough for us.

i`m not being to hard on them, I was making a joke about staying up late, lighten up a little

steelersgal86
10-06-2008, 08:10 AM
I understand what you are saying...for me...the games are so close by the end of the game I am wound up and wide awake..and your wifes texts were cracking me up :lol: but as long as they win...I will deal with it:yellowthumb:

NOVA STEELERS
10-06-2008, 09:07 AM
I was totally frustrated last night by the play calling once again. The Offense was moving the ball at will using the no huddle and spreading it around. But once we took the lead it was like the play calling became vanilla. Drive down the field and then stall in the red zone :evilshake: The game should not have been anywhere near as close as it was at one point it was like 300 Yards offense to 50 for the jagoffs and we were up by 6 :duh: Penalties and a drop pass here and there cost us a couple of drives. But I am still :pullhair: over the play calling, which is difficult too do when I shave my head :hehheh:

I am totally happy being at 4 - 1 going into the bye week. We have a tough road ahead, hopefully we get some players healed and ready to attack one game at a time starting with the bungels :cope:

TEEMONT
10-06-2008, 09:33 AM
move to the west coast

Moondog
10-06-2008, 10:01 AM
The Jaguars are lucky the game was that close, they were clearly the inferior team. Pittsburgh gift wrapped the Jags fourteen points in the first half. I was frustrated that the Steelers had a 300 to 49 yard total offense advantage and only a six point lead at half. I wanted to see those teal wearing, Garanimal on the sleeve having, Steeler wannabes get humiliated on the national stage, but what the heck, I'll take it.

Stairwayto7
10-06-2008, 10:30 AM
move to the west coast

I would love too

mothman26101
10-06-2008, 10:40 AM
....................... why can`t we put away some teams earlier, when we play late? LOL. Usually I get up around 4:00 am, I just won`t a blow out early, for an 8:15 game, just once this season. This would make my Monday or Tuesday alot easier.

All joking aside, great game offense, and defense. I`m wondering how much freedom Ben was given last night? Because he was on.
ben is back...bye week is here...time for everyone to heal...the next two games are day games you will get some sleep...iget up around the same time for work but i grin and bear it...ilove the steelers.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-06-2008, 11:26 AM
The Jaguars are lucky the game was that close, they were clearly the inferior team. Pittsburgh gift wrapped the Jags fourteen points in the first half. I was frustrated that the Steelers had a 300 to 49 yard total offense advantage and only a six point lead at half. I wanted to see those teal wearing, Garanimal on the sleeve having, Steeler wannabes get humiliated on the national stage, but what the heck, I'll take it.

Garanimal?:hilarious: yea that's what was pissing me off also, it's the O-Coordinator period Bruce Arians stink:cursin:period, if we had an offensive coordinator like Cam Cameron Ben would probably have 300 yards passing everygame with an balanced attack:cursin: i just hope Tomlin does the right thing at the end of the year an fire that bum:rant2:but the ref's also tried to keep the Jackoffs in the game also:2cents:

K Train
10-06-2008, 11:41 AM
all i know is that 4-1 is unacceptable, we need to make some changes.....tomlin and arians have to go

Zachintosh66
10-06-2008, 11:52 AM
The roughing the passer was complete BS

JB 67
10-06-2008, 11:58 AM
great win for a team beat to hell I was proud of Tomlin and everyone involved :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Arians called a great game this week for 3 quarters. The entire first half we were playing well and moving the ball and eating up clock exactly how you want it to be. The 3rd quarter we went stupid again but Ben was able to ignite us which was refreshing to see. I was getting pissed seeing us go back into stupid mode again in the 3rd quarter and we let back into it. The defense starting getting alittle tired too then but they got it back together in the 4th and made some HUGE plays.

It's a starting point for us, hopefully Arians and Tomlin allow Ben to do more of this.

AZ_Steeler
10-06-2008, 12:41 PM

It wasn't late... I went to the grocery store after the game and was still in bed before 10 o'clock last night! :D

Stairwayto7
10-06-2008, 01:20 PM
It wasn't late... I went to the grocery store after the game and was still in bed before 10 o'clock last night! :D

Nice! And what was the outside temperature? Here it was 59F and 52 at kickoff.

AZ_Steeler
10-06-2008, 01:27 PM
When I left BWW after the game it was a cool 79 degrees.. at kickoff though it was probably 85 here :D

Koopa
10-06-2008, 01:38 PM
all i know is that 4-1 is unacceptable, we need to make some changes.....tomlin and arians have to go

yup........

TEEMONT
10-06-2008, 02:15 PM

I cant believe we aren't 9-0 after 5 games, it drives me nuts....

Clevelandsux
10-06-2008, 04:33 PM
I agree, we should have blown the Jags out. But, the officials seem to be on there side. The Harrison late hit was B.S as was the Ike Taylor pass interference.

I really hate the Jags. I'm so sick of the media kissing there butts...blah blah, under the radar etc. Garrard, Taylor, Jones Drew........ Pittsburgh south. bite me will ya!!!!!

Blitzburghpete
10-06-2008, 04:59 PM
i`m not being to hard on them, I was making a joke about staying up late, lighten up a little

Oh sorry - thought you were having a pop at the team - No worries were cool.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-06-2008, 05:15 PM

4-1 but easily could be 1-4.....I'll take the 4-1....But at the same time I'm still not happy with Bruce Arians....I still have my doubts about Mike Tomlin.....What does he do as a HC that is so impressive?.....All I know is seemed the coaches were to comfortable with a 6 point lead in the 3rd quarter and early 4th quarter.....Big Ben bailed Tomlin and Arians out again.....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-06-2008, 05:31 PM
I think Ktrains post was partly sarcastic if I know him :lol:

Im not completely sold on Tomlin or Arians making a consistent week in and week out game plan. I think possibly this is a good sign after this week that Ben showed he is capable of opening up the offense and carrying this team. Now it's up to them to not go back to the same old same old ways. We still ran the ball last night, we still threw the ball last night, we still played ST well, yesterday was as complete an offensive game as we've seen in a long time and that's no joke.

If those 2 can't get their act together and realize what we have on offense then we're doomed to be another underachieving mediore team.

Stairwayto7
10-06-2008, 06:52 PM
I did like the way Ben came out throwing, that way it helped the running game, knowing we were down to our third back. I`m sure that the fourth QT of the ratbirds game, opened some eyes

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
The funny thing about this thread is, I only wanted to poke fun at us not winning until late on primetime games, and me not getting much sleep. We won thats all I really cared about, when we lose I can`t sleep no matter the time

K Train
10-07-2008, 01:22 AM
the whole thing is people were calling for tomlins head after the last 2 weeks, and people have been calling for arians head for a year...and here we are at 4-1 basically on top of the AFC. call for your coaches head when your the browns, or the raiders, or the rams, or any ****** *** team that starts winless for 5 games. some of us are spoiled so bad that anything less than perfect make you go crazy, i dont know how the **** some of you survived cowher and his ****ed up play calling for all those years....tomlin and arians are in no position to go anywhere and every time a play goes wrong you cant just look at arians and say you suck you need to be fired

Stairwayto7
10-07-2008, 10:32 AM
the whole thing is people were calling for tomlins head after the last 2 weeks, and people have been calling for arians head for a year...and here we are at 4-1 basically on top of the AFC. call for your coaches head when your the browns, or the raiders, or the rams, or any shiatty *** team that starts winless for 5 games. some of us are spoiled so bad that anything less than perfect make you go crazy, i dont know how the **** some of you survived cowher and his ****ed up play calling for all those years....tomlin and arians are in no position to go anywhere and every time a play goes wrong you cant just look at arians and say you suck you need to be fired

For the record! I like Tomlin, and I think he will be a great coach. Arians I do not like, and I still think he should go

Moondog
10-07-2008, 11:30 AM
I think the coaches did good with exception of the third quarter playcalling as some of you have mentioned. C'mon they have to see that they are on to something with this offense. Looking ahead, they can't be that stupid to pull in the reins, or could they be? I like to think no, but you never know.

steelerschick1220
10-07-2008, 11:42 AM
I like Tomlin a bunch. I like his glass is half full attitude and all the players seem to enjoy playing for him as well. Arians, well, I think he is an idiot and couldn't make up a complete offensive gameplan to save his life. We should have been up on the Jags by more then six points and in the third quarter, his play calling went all screwy again. I really hope he gets fired at seasons end.

JensK
10-07-2008, 11:57 AM
the whole thing is people were calling for tomlins head after the last 2 weeks, and people have been calling for arians head for a year...and here we are at 4-1 basically on top of the AFC. call for your coaches head when your the browns, or the raiders, or the rams, or any shiatty *** team that starts winless for 5 games. some of us are spoiled so bad that anything less than perfect make you go crazy, i dont know how the **** some of you survived cowher and his ****ed up play calling for all those years....tomlin and arians are in no position to go anywhere and every time a play goes wrong you cant just look at arians and say you suck you need to be fired

Obviously, everyone is happy with 4-1, but i believe, that we are sort of lucky to be 4-1. The only game, where we really dominated was against Texans. And lets face it, all the teams we have played so far are 0.500 or less. its all medicore teams, who we should be able to blow out (maybe except for the eagles). We are going to face some bad *** teams after the bye-week, and our coaches better have a decent gameplan ready for that, or else we are going to be demolished. bad play calling is ok, against those weak teams, but against NYG og Dallas, thats a no no >.> It'll end up being really ugly.

K Train
10-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Obviously, everyone is happy with 4-1, but i believe, that we are sort of lucky to be 4-1. The only game, where we really dominated was against Texans. And lets face it, all the teams we have played so far are 0.500 or less. its all medicore teams, who we should be able to blow out (maybe except for the eagles). We are going to face some bad *** teams after the bye-week, and our coaches better have a decent gameplan ready for that, or else we are going to be demolished. bad play calling is ok, against those weak teams, but against .NYG og Dallas, thats a no no >.> It'll end up being really ugly.

the thing is, these mediocre teams....like the jags and the browns that weve beat were supposed to be badass this year...philly beat us, but they didnt exactly dominate the world, we crushed their offense, their dline just played to good....buckhalter scoring was lucky for them cause that was a close game. the giants and the cowboys are by no means perfect, the bengals almost beat the cowboys....the ****ing bengals, and i dont buy into the giants at all...they dominated the rams and the seahawks....wow ...our schedule isnt that hard, we play alot of teams that have been or are going to be disappointments. our defense is badass plain and simple and our offense may not be what we all expected but they get the job done and have their moments, we are banged up....but we wont be forever. i think this team has showed enough that you all should be excited, not disappointed

JensK
10-07-2008, 03:24 PM
the thing is, these mediocre teams....like the jags and the browns that weve beat were supposed to be badass this year...philly beat us, but they didnt exactly dominate the world, we crushed their offense, their dline just played to good....buckhalter scoring was lucky for them cause that was a close game. the giants and the cowboys are by no means perfect, the bengals almost beat the cowboys....the ****ing bengals, and i dont buy into the giants at all...they dominated the rams and the seahawks....wow ...our schedule isnt that hard, we play alot of teams that have been or are going to be disappointments. our defense is badass plain and simple and our offense may not be what we all expected but they get the job done and have their moments, we are banged up....but we wont be forever. i think this team has showed enough that you all should be excited, not disappointed

OUh don't get me wrong. Its not that im not excited about us being at 4-1, and im not at all disappointed about it. Seeing how close the games we played have been, its better than what we could have seen :) What i was trying to say is, that even tho we our score looks great, the play-calling havnt been great. Yes, cowboys have been struggling a lil, and i don't know about NYG (other than i still believe their defence is.. evil), but i still think they'll punish bad play-calling like it was the case against eagles. I wouldnt be worried, if we were to play Lions and rams, but yeah... its not :P

Stairwayto7
10-07-2008, 05:44 PM
I wish we all knew exactly what % of the play calling arians, Ben and Tomlin had. I`m guessing 30% arians, 35% Ben and 35% Tomlin

Blitzburghpete
10-08-2008, 04:25 AM
...our schedule isnt that hard, we play alot of teams that have been or are going to be disappointments. our defense is badass plain and simple and our offense may not be what we all expected but they get the job done and have their moments, we are banged up....but we wont be forever. i think this team has showed enough that you all should be excited, not disappointed

Our schedule isn't that hard ???? Did you watch the jags game? They said that the Steelers have got the hardest schedule this year in the nfl for the last 25 years !!

I disagree with you on the Giants though. I think it's scary how good they are playing this year even with the loss of some players. Unless you have all world pro players at every position i think the Giants are the team to beat this year.

And for the record about our coaches, i like Tomlin and Arians is ok, but he's no Whizz is he? However i'm still not happy with either of them because it didn't take much thought to realize our o line needed help last year and they didn't do much about it in the offseason for my liking.
Saying that though i've been impressed with Kemo and hartwig although Hartwig didn't have to do that much to impress me compared to saloon door Mahan.

Like you though K - train - i'm dead impressed with our defence! I'm just quaking in my boots about our dee line right now. We'll be in trouble if A Smith goes down. We haven't got quality cover for him, but do at every other position.

jpele
10-08-2008, 08:19 AM
Why was Essex used instead of Max Starks ?

OK. What Tomlin said is Essex, who is listed at 6 feet 4, 324 pounds, is a better blocker on the left side against a lighter speed rusher than Starks, who is 6-8, 337 pounds, and more suited to the right side and better as a run blocker. Groves is listed at 6-3, 259 pounds.
But when Tomlin's answer was relayed to Starks, it was misrepresented as the coach saying Jacksonville had shorter, stockier defensive ends.
"That's what he said?" Starks answered. "You know, Quentin Groves is 6-5, 246, and Derrick Harvey's about 6-5, about 250. So I guess he was shorter and stockier. That was his decision, if that's what he says, then that's what it happens to be."

I don't buy into this answer, and would like to know what is really going on between Max and Tomlin.

and then Max says:

"I'd love to come back here. This is where I was drafted, this is where I won my first Super Bowl, this is where I had 34 consecutive starts. I have a lot of great memories here. You always want to honor the organization that gave you your first start. So I would definitely look forward to coming back here."

If I'm a player I( want to be someplace were I at least get the chance to compete.

Link (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08282/918217-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml)

SteelfordWexler
10-08-2008, 09:00 AM
If I'm a player I( want to be someplace were I at least get the chance to compete.

Maybe that is the problem with Starks. Maybe he isn't hungry.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Starks got his chance in preseason and in camp. It was an open comptition at RT between him and Colon. Nobody on the roster right now is or was going to unseat Marvel Smith unless he was going to be out with the back injury longer but since he's better the only open position was at RT and Max didn't show enough to win the job. He got his wish to compete but couldn't win the job.