PDA

View Full Version : Nate Washington... not soo bad

OC Steel Curtain
10-06-2008, 12:03 AM
im starting to get more comfortable with him.. he played like a starter today

BlitzburghRockCity
10-06-2008, 12:05 AM
That stupid *** bone head taunting he did could have cost us big time. The dude needs to get his out out of his *** and think in critical situations like that.

Still though he came through tonight and had a good game.

OC Steel Curtain
10-06-2008, 12:16 AM
yea it was.. but at the same time we've see people get away with things waaaay worse.. and that roughing the passer call on Harrison was... wow ahha madden was speechless lol then he tried to explain it

Black@Gold Forever32
10-06-2008, 12:20 AM
That stupid *** bone head taunting he did could have cost us big time. The dude needs to get his out out of his *** and think in critical situations like that.

The taunting rule is stupid period.....Mucho Stinko can put on fake Hall of Fame Jacket after a TD but a player can't show the opposing side line the football.....I really don't care what Stinko does but if you're going to allow that then you should allow the other crap to or out law all of it the bull crap....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Man I was pissed, I mean the dude did it right in front of 2 officials...I know you get excited and all but damn you still have to think!

He made some big plays so I can't be too made at him..LOL.

Troyisabeast_43
10-06-2008, 01:26 AM
Man I was pissed, I mean the dude did it right in front of 2 officials...I know you get excited and all but damn you still have to think!

He made some big plays so I can't be too made at him..LOL.

The reffing in this game was an absolute joke and a complete embarrassment if you ask me. The penalty they gave for roughing the passer to James Harrison was absolutely ridiculous. The Steelers still despite all these horrific calls overcame them all on the road and found a way to win which makes this victory all the more sweeter...

Black@Gold Forever32
10-06-2008, 01:34 AM
Nate has talent and he is still growing...True he has his short coming but he played at Tiffin....There hasn't been many NFL players to come out Tiffin...It is safe to say Nate has exceeded all our expectations....I still would like to see Limas Sweed get some playing time....Why spend a 2nd round pick on the guy just to leave him inactive on game day?....Sweed probably isn't ready for the NFL but he isn't improving just being a cheer leader on the sidelines....Best way for him to learn is by getting live game action....

NCSteeler
10-06-2008, 03:49 AM
Nate finally learned how to catch. Anyone besides me nervous as you see the ball deep down the sidelines with him wide open, just sure he is gonna drop it? As far as the refing goes that could be a whole thread to itself. I have sunday ticket and as I surfed the games there were numerous 15 yard penalties in all the games, for petty stuff. Funny thign is the one hit on Edwards that Ithoguht should draw a penalty didn't, but i bet he sends the commish a few dollars out of his game check this week.

LarryNJ
10-06-2008, 07:03 AM
The taunting rule is stupid period....

I like the taunting rule. The problem with sports today is a player makes an ordinary play and they act like they just won the Super Bowl. Even when they are losing by! It's way out of hand and good on the NFL for cracking down on it. Catch the ball hand it to the ref and get back to the huddle Nate.

That being said he did have a good game with a couple nice catches. I was glad Ben was throwing to him because he needed to keep it awy from Mathis.

Zachintosh66
10-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Nate "twinkle-fingers" Washington has been stepping up the last few weeks... keep it up!

NOVA STEELERS
10-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Nate played ok, nuthing that makes me glad he is on the team. Need to give Baker and Sweed some time on the field.

Stairwayto7
10-06-2008, 09:14 AM

LOL, I Agree

TEEMONT
10-06-2008, 09:45 AM
Nate played ok, nuthing that makes me glad he is on the team. Need to give Baker and Sweed some time on the field.

Stop riding Sweed and Bakers jock.

If 6 catches for 94 yards and a TD cant make you happy Nate's on the team, then you are impossible to please. Obviously the staff see's nothing in Baker and Sweed (especially Baker) seeing as neither has seen much time this year.

Nate has been stepping up. Plain and simple, and people are seriously resenting him for that, b/c they want him to fail, since he wasn't a high draft pick.

Nate is what he is, a number 3 or 4 guy, and he will continue to be #3 until one of our other guys actually prove something. Until then, just like Willie, get used to having the guy with no pedigree in the game.

Koopa
10-06-2008, 10:25 AM
this is the first time nate has even proved something, he's playing for a contract so i don't want to get to excited, cause he might be one of those players that once they get somewhat paid then fall off

and i don't think the team doesn't see anything in sweed, tomlin is just a dumbass and doesn't seem to play rookies much, timmons was wasted last year as was woodley for the most part, so i think next year sweed will finally get playing time like those two guys are this year

i'm all for nate proving me wrong, but it's gonna take more then one game to do that

HUNT4SEVEN
10-06-2008, 10:44 AM
The reffing in this game was an absolute joke and a complete embarrassment if you ask me. The penalty they gave for roughing the passer to James Harrison was absolutely ridiculous. The Steelers still despite all these horrific calls overcame them all on the road and found a way to win which makes this victory all the more sweeter...
It was it seems like they were trying to let the Jackoffs win, It just goes to show that you can cheat us BUT U CAN"T BEAT US, the ref's sucked big time tonight.:yellowthumb:Oh an as for Nate i wasn't impressed this is what he get's paided to do, when he does this week in an week out then i'll give him some love:rant2::imho::lol:

jpele
10-06-2008, 10:46 AM
I was a big Nate Washington fan but will admit I started calling for Baker after the first two games. Guess the guy just needed a little more time.keep it going nate, its all good for the Steelers.

steelerfan11
10-06-2008, 11:11 AM
I am not sold on Nate just yet. I would like to see him more consistent before I start to praise him. He has a good game then he disappears for a few weeks.

Richmond Rukus
10-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Nate finally learned how to catch. Anyone besides me nervous as you see the ball deep down the sidelines with him wide open, just sure he is gonna drop it?

That is exactly what was going through my mind.

Zachintosh66
10-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Like I've said before... Sweed and Baker arent given any playing time... It has to be earned and it seems the only WR out of the 3 earning it is Washington. Sweed better learn how to cover on kicks. :lol:

SteelfordWexler
10-06-2008, 02:35 PM
I thought Washington was lucky not to draw a taunting penalty on the long TD pass. He jestured something to the saftey when he was running in. I wonder if the official warned him - because in the fourth quarter - it looked like he was taking it personally when he told the umpire the call.