PDA

View Full Version : Moore & Russel fuel the running game

BlitzburghRockCity
10-06-2008, 12:53 AM
Hats off to Mewelde for a great night almost topping the century mark. His runs were HUGE in taking the pressure off Ben. You have to give props also to Russel who had some tough runs and was able to get some valuable experience. Moore's speed and vision was the perfect way to counter the Jags stacking the line and the pass rush that over persued on multiple occasions.

Make no mistake FWP is the start but we know we have some solid help now at RB with these 2 guys waiting in the wings.

steelerschick1220
10-06-2008, 01:01 AM
I was very impressed with how Moore did tonight. He did WAY better then I was expecting him to do.

NOVA STEELERS
10-06-2008, 01:04 AM
:cope: Very nice work in the back field tonight Moore and Russell really took some of the heat from Ben at times. Look forward to seeing FWP in the backfield after the bye week thou :greengrin: :cope:

steelerfan11
10-06-2008, 01:04 AM
Russel did well tonight also. A few times he looked completely lost in the play he should have been running but all in all he did not to bad.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-06-2008, 01:11 AM
I was happy to see Russel get some experience, we're going to need him this year and when Parker gets back he'll still get significant playing time along with Moore. You can't say enough about Mewelde though, the dude ran like a pro tonight and had several big time runs to move the sticks. Im not near as worried about our running game as I was last week.

Troyisabeast_43
10-06-2008, 01:27 AM
I was happy to see Russel get some experience, we're going to need him this year and when Parker gets back he'll still get significant playing time along with Moore. You can't say enough about Mewelde though, the dude ran like a pro tonight and had several big time runs to move the sticks. Im not near as worried about our running game as I was last week.

Mewelde Moore is a big reason why the Steelers are now 4-1 with the big plays he has made for the Steelers the last 2 weeks on both game winning drives. He sees the field very well and runs with a lot of power and run breaking ability. Definitely a very key pickup for us this season. At this rate with the way Mewelde Moore looked tonight if Willie Parker is not at fully 100 percent for the Bengals game in 2 weeks I would sit him out that game as well and use Moore and Russell again. The Steelers will not need Fast Willie to run the ball and torch the Bengals defense. Save Parker for the tough part of that schedule with the Giants and Redskins upcoming the following 2 weeks. Man it feels good to be 4-1 and in total control of this division right now. Steelers currently the number 2 seed in the AFC behind the Tennessee Titans by having a better conference record then the Bills and Denver being 4-0.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-06-2008, 01:41 AM
I was happy when Moore was signed...I hyped that signing for some time now....He even showed his running skills this game.....Moore is a solid football player....He must be involved more the rest of the year.....Russell looked solid tonight as well....

$teelersRule
10-06-2008, 02:07 AM
we have all been saying for months that running back was such a strong position on this team and we really showed it tonight, 3 guys out and we still get it done!

steelersgal86
10-06-2008, 07:26 AM
:cope: Very nice work in the back field tonight Moore and Russell really took some of the heat from Ben at times. Look forward to seeing FWP in the backfield after the bye week thou :greengrin: :cope:

:ditto: They did a great job....but it will be good to see Willie back:yellowthumb:

HUNT4SEVEN
10-06-2008, 11:23 AM
:greenbounce2:Mewelde Moore just proved to me that he desrves more playing time even when Willie parker comes back:yellowthumb: he turned out to be an steal.:yellowthumb:Oh an now i see why they kept Russell:yellowthumb::tt02:

SteelfordWexler
10-06-2008, 11:41 AM
I hope that this gives the coaching staff the confidence to rotate these guys in with Parker in tough games. Maybe we can keep FWP fresh and explosive into the later part of the season and keep these guys ready.

jpele
10-06-2008, 11:51 AM
:greenbounce2:Mewelde Moore just proved to me that he desrves more playing time even when Willie parker comes back:yellowthumb: he turned out to be an steal.:yellowthumb:Oh an now i see why they kept Russell:yellowthumb::tt02:

I agree, I was happy when we picked up Moore. Everyone wanted to see the pony backfield with FWP and Mendenhall, I want to see it with Parker and Moore.

TEEMONT
10-06-2008, 12:07 PM
With how hard Russell was running....does anyone else have regrets about drafting Mendenhall?

SteelerSal
10-06-2008, 12:51 PM
With how hard Russell was running....does anyone else have regrets about drafting Mendenhall?

Well my only regret was that the best available player, in the 1st rd, was not an olineman or dlineman.

Mendy should be something special down the road but was not a major need for "NOW".

We will lose Russell when he gets thrown back on the PS, I feel that since Starks is almost to the point of wearing Duce's old sweats on the sideline, he is taking up a roster spot that Russell could fit in.

AZ_Steeler
10-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Moore was awesome! I think he did a lot of things good last night, but the most important thing he did was not put the ball on the ground. Hopefully we'll see a lot more of him as the season progresses.

jpele
10-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Hopefully we'll see a lot more of him as the season progresses.

If not, someone should start questioning Tomlins' judgement.

DocHolliday1989
10-06-2008, 04:56 PM

I have kind of thought all along that the Steelers should have made a trade and moved down for more picks instead of taking Mendenhall, but I like him and we have him now and with Moore and Russell looking as good as they did that just means we might have some serious trade bait.
:2cents:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Well my only regret was that the best available player, in the 1st rd, was not an olineman or dlineman.

Mendy should be something special down the road but was not a major need for "NOW".

We will lose Russell when he gets thrown back on the PS, I feel that since Starks is almost to the point of wearing Duce's old sweats on the sideline, he is taking up a roster spot that Russell could fit in.

I was thinking the same thing bud... I just dont understand why the guy has fallen so far down the hill that he cannot come in and play... Just makes No Sense To Me
:duh: