PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben 5th Career 300 Yard Passing Game

Black@Gold Forever32
10-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Which puts him one shy of the Steelers record....Tommy Maddox had 6 career 300 yard passing games...Ben needs 1 more to tie Maddox and two to pass him....Neil O'Donnell also had 5......I just want Ben to pass Maddox so bad....Tommy Maddox shouldn't hold any records...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
10-06-2008, 12:58 AM
It's so rare to see a STeeler QB have a 300 yd game I almost forgot what it looks like to see it happen.. :lol:

steelerschick1220
10-06-2008, 12:59 AM
^Yeah, I totally agree with you on that. I think that Ben will get the record for sure.

NOVA STEELERS
10-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Was great seeing Ben pick apart the jagoffs and I called it in the game preview that Ben would throw for 3 scores tonight, was off on the yards thou :lol:

steelersgal86
10-06-2008, 07:23 AM
It's so rare to see a STeeler QB have a 300 yd game I almost forgot what it looks like to see it happen.. :lol:

:iagree: Way to go Ben!!!!

Captcoolhand
10-06-2008, 10:39 AM
It's so rare to see a STeeler QB have a 300 yd game I almost forgot what it looks like to see it happen.. :lol::ditto: but on the other hand, "That's it!"

As long as Ben has been here, You almost want to think he's had more.:2cents:

HUNT4SEVEN
10-06-2008, 11:41 AM
This is what you are suppose to get from an 1000 Million dollar Q.B hopefully there's more 300 yards games to come:yellowthumb:.

steelerfan11
10-06-2008, 12:27 PM
After the game last night I was watching the talk show on Kdka (which they have every sunday night). They were talking about how Ben never gets the calls like Lemieux never did. The refs figure he is soo big and strong he doesn't need to get the typical wimp QB calls.

It is frustrating though to see your QB get hit soo much and never get calls (ie the big baby hit). I would still take Ben over any other QB in the league. He just needs to take the bye week and get healthy so we can make a big run in a very tough schedule once we start playing again.

AZ_Steeler
10-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Congrats to Big Ben!! I've sure he'll have many more in his career! :clap:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-06-2008, 04:53 PM
This is what you are suppose to get from an 1000 Million dollar Q.B hopefully there's more 300 yards games to come:yellowthumb:.

I agree that is what franchise QBs are supposed to do...But its hard when Ben only gets 20 attempts most games....You spent a first round pick on him and gave him a 100 million dollar contract to be the man....So let him max his talent.....

dawgs
10-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Is it possible that injuries can be more mental then physical? Because 300 yards against jags at there home with a surposed arm and knee problem shows that ben is indeed healthy. People will disagree with me, but lets be real.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-07-2008, 01:10 AM
Is it possible that injuries can be more mental then physical? Because 300 yards against jags at there home with a surposed arm and knee problem shows that ben is indeed healthy. People will disagree with me, but lets be real.

Yea with all the hits Ben has taken this year so far he is indeed 100 percent healthy.....lol Dude for real how can you think other wise.....Difference between Ben and Derek Anderson is Ben doesn't squat when he goes tinkle like Anderson does....

steelerschick1220
10-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Dawgs.....get real. Did you see him wincing when he got up after he completed that third and eight? He was in pain, he just plays through it extremely well.

dawgs
10-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Dawgs.....get real. Did you see him wincing when he got up after he completed that third and eight? He was in pain, he just plays through it extremely well.

drama queen???

He might not be 100% healthy, but what QB's, NO, what starters are 100% healthy? But what im sayin he is alot more healthy then he and his team leads on.

anyone can lay down for 10 sec and be in horrible pain, But 20 sec later be perfectly fine. Like when you hit your elbow on something.

anderson does indeed suckass. But I dout He squat's to pee, unless he is over top your mom. J/K i HAD TO SAY IT. had to say it.

steelerschick1220
10-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Typical Browns fan. Responds with a personal insult. And no you didn't have to say that. But of course, you did.

SteelfordWexler
10-07-2008, 10:54 PM

To be fair - we've seen this in the past (the phantom toe injury for example). Ben has been a little dramatic sometimes but that is history. This guy has had the snot knocked out of him all season. If he can tie his own shoes at this point, I'm impressed. He has really grown up and is obviously trying to play down his own bumps and bruises. I'm sure his shoulder hurts - but nobody ever claimed it was weak or that it would impede his ability to throw. He is playing with pain - just like everyone.

Stairwayto7
10-08-2008, 06:33 PM
drama queen???

He might not be 100% healthy, but what QB's, NO, what starters are 100% healthy? But what im sayin he is alot more healthy then he and his team leads on.

anyone can lay down for 10 sec and be in horrible pain, But 20 sec later be perfectly fine. Like when you hit your elbow on something.

anderson does indeed suckass. But I dout He squat's to pee, unless he is over top your mom. J/K i HAD TO SAY IT. had to say it.

Once again the trouble makers at it. I just think it gets him hot to get men angry. Hes probably not even a browns fan, he probably just wants to get everyone in an uproar. What true fan would love over rated braylon " i drop more than I catch: edwards

PsychoWard
10-08-2008, 08:32 PM
congrats to ben!! it was nice to see him throw for over 300 and we actually win! most games he hits 300 we lose!! so this is a plus indeed!

SteelerSteve
10-10-2008, 07:53 PM
I dont care what anyone says. Ben is one of the toughest sons of bitches in the NFL because he really does get the **** knocked out of him and still plays better than most qb's. Hell if he says he's sore who's to say otherwise? He still plays (and plays well) while most guys in his situation would have been side lined had they got hit half as many times as Ben.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Don't discount the adrenaline that kicks in during a game that can carry a play through even when they are in significant pain. You get knocked around, beat up all year long and then you get a good shot that knocks you silly for a few minutes but you know your team needs you so you suck up and get back out there. The crowd noise, your teammates, and the reality of the stakes kicks back in and you are able to play though and have great games. Look at all those times Michael Jordan used to go out and play with a raging fever or the flu and he goes out and puts 40 up and has to be carried off afterwards.

Im not saying there isn't a bit of drama and maybe some coaching where Ben my play up an injury alittle more than is reality but hey if it makes the defense second guess even for an instant then that's advantage STeelers every time.

SteelerSteve
10-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Don't discount the adrenaline that kicks in during a game that can carry a play through even when they are in significant pain. You get knocked around, beat up all year long and then you get a good shot that knocks you silly for a few minutes but you know your team needs you so you suck up and get back out there. The crowd noise, your teammates, and the reality of the stakes kicks back in and you are able to play though and have great games. Look at all those times Michael Jordan used to go out and play with a raging fever or the flu and he goes out and puts 40 up and has to be carried off afterwards.

Im not saying there isn't a bit of drama and maybe some coaching where Ben my play up an injury alittle more than is reality but hey if it makes the defense second guess even for an instant then that's advantage STeelers every time.
Right, as long as he keeps playing well I dont care whats made of his injuries. As long as he's not using them as an excuse for playing ****** than its all good. After the Jags game the chick giving the interview kept bringing it up and you could tell he didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

Layin the wood
10-12-2008, 11:51 AM
If they stay in the no huddle offense then he should average 250-300 yards a week!!!!

SteelersWoman
10-14-2008, 07:01 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/11028716

Oct. 12--It was hard not to think about Jim Kelly while watching the true grit performance of Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger last week in Jacksonville.

Roethlisberger's toughness and indomitable will reached Kelly-like proportions in the Steelers' 26-21, come-from-behind victory over the Jaguars.

Despite an offensive line that threatens to submarine the Steelers' season, Big Ben passed 41 times for 309 yards and completed his 15th game-winning drive in the fourth quarter or overtime.

The Steelers are 4-1 despite the fact they rank 31st in the NFL in pass protection. Roethlisberger has been sacked 18 times, and at this rate he will go down 58 times for the year, if he lasts that long.

"The kid, he's just a winner," receiver Hines Ward told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "I don't know what it is about him. He just has a knack. He has that 'It' sort of thing."
Roethlisberger, who has needed every bit of his 6-foot-5, 241-pound bulk this year, pulled off the comeback despite the fact he did not practice Wednesday or Thursday before the game and was limited Friday.

His play of the game came on third-and- 8 from the Jaguars' 31. Down by 21-20, Pittsburgh couldn't just play conservatively and settle for a field goal, because kicker Jeff Reed was hobbled with a calf injury. Roethlisberger had two Jaguars draped on his back before throwing an 18-yard pass to Ward to set up the winning score.

"That was a heck of a football play," Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio marveled. "Guys were draped on him and somehow he got his arm out of the way and got the ball completed."

Roethlisberger improved his regular- season record to 43-17 (.717), which ranks second only to Tom Brady (.784) among active NFL QBs.

Roethlisberger is an early frontrunner for league Most Valuable Player honors, but the Steelers need to work on their pass protection to keep winning. Roethlisberger has been playing with a sore shoulder that was injured in the season opener.