PDA

View Full Version : If this team doesn't yet trust Ben completely; it's time to start!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-05-2008, 02:27 AM
It's hard to sometimes get a feel for this team as we all know. We've got this franchise QB who's a proven winner but I know I sometimes wonder if the coaches really trust him 100% with this team. When you have a QB like Ben you should let him run the offense in a way like Peyton does in Indy. Let him call the plays at the line more often, run the no huddle more often, put the game in his hands instead of hampering things. I know we still have to run the ball, everybody knows an offense wont work just slinging it 60 times a game down field but still I want to see Ben take control of this team and really show what he's got. We saw some of that last year and we need to see more of it now. Especially considering our running game is severely hampered right now it's as good a time as any to let this guy do his thing and let's really see what our 100 million dollar investment can do.

Perhaps they are reluctant too because it's a control thing, maybe they are trying to the lack of quality blocking is hampering the efforts, who knows but starting this weekend against the Jags, regardless of the outcome, I want to see cut loose and really do what he's capable of. Run the no huddle, go down field, lots of roll outs and quick drops, scrambles, anything and everything but the same old same old that keeps getting him sacked regardless of who's fault it is.

It's time if you ask me...

lloydfan4life
10-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Run the no huddle, go down field, lots of roll outs and quick drops, scrambles, anything and everything but the same old same old that keeps getting him sacked regardless of who's fault it is.

It's time if you ask me...

:yellowthumb: I agree!
Today needs to be a break-out day for the Steelers. They need to get things rolling so they have something positive to take into the bye week to build off of.

It's going to suck if we have to stomach one more week of the 'same old same old' and watch Ben get abused like he was the past two!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-05-2008, 10:54 AM
BG32 and I were talking about this week, Ben is the only 100+ million dollar QB who still throws for 150 yds a game..LOL. We all know Ben is not in a system that is going to allow him to have 300 yd passing games each week, it's just not how things are done around here. It would be nice to see Arians loosen the reigns more often and be unpredictable; wouldn't that just be a concept??? A Steelers team with a diverse offense that is unpredictable and wonder of all wonders, be a team that actually game plans for the opponent instead of doing the same old stuff.

Troyisabeast_43
10-05-2008, 12:50 PM
BG32 and I were talking about this week, Ben is the only 100+ million dollar QB who still throws for 150 yds a game..LOL. We all know Ben is not in a system that is going to allow him to have 300 yd passing games each week, it's just not how things are done around here. It would be nice to see Arians loosen the reigns more often and be unpredictable; wouldn't that just be a concept??? A Steelers team with a diverse offense that is unpredictable and wonder of all wonders, be a team that actually game plans for the opponent instead of doing the same old stuff.

This is all on Tomlin and Arians and what they are willing to do. I agree with you that if the Steelers are going to beat the Jags tonight they need to have Ben be in command of the offense and run the no-huddle whenever he wants. It's the only way the Steelers are going to win this game tonight I feel. Mike Tomlin as I have been saying on here and many other have been for a long time needs to win a signifigant road game and tonight in Jacksonville is where it MUST start. Tomlin just cannot once again go into this game on the road where they play flat, and the offense looks lifeless and Ben gets beaten to a pulp. Plus, the Jags have their one starting corner out and their starting safety out as well. Ben needs to attack that and spread the field and stop trying to beat the Jags at smash mouth football like they try and do everytime because it never seems to work.

Stairwayto7
10-05-2008, 01:25 PM
The bad thing is that he needs a breakout day with a bum shoulder

dawgs
10-05-2008, 02:06 PM
well if your team don't trust him, then trade him to the browns???? so he and winslow can ride bikes together. j/k. Ben is fighting arm and knee problems right now, so thats a big reason for the play calling. plus don't ben call plays in the huddle also? I thought he did.

o ya, pryor is GOD!!!!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Ben gets the play call in his helmet just like most other QB's but we're referring to them cutting the apron straps and really seeing what he's capable of in game time situation calling his own plays on the fly especially in the no huddle. It worked ok last week till they went away with it.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Big Ben works best in the no huddle period, but we still need an O-Coordinator:imho: