PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben doesn't practice again; Moore To Start in Jacksonville

lloydfan4life
10-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Big Ben doesn't practice again
Thursday, October 02, 2008
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger did not practice for the second day in a row because he received an injection in his sore right shoulder.

However, he is expected to practice Friday and will start Sunday night's game in Jacksonville, Fla.

Roethlisberger sustained a low-grade shoulder separation in the season opener when he was sacked by defensive end Mario Williams of the Houston Texans. But he has not missed any playing time and the injury does not appear to bother his throwing motion.

Also, Coach Mike Tomlin said third-down back Mewelde Moore will be the starting running back against the Jaguars because of injuries to Willie Parker, Rashard Mendenhall and Carey Davis.

More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
First published on October 2, 2008 at 3:07 pm

http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/08276/916891-66.stm

Looks like Ben's shoulder is still bothering him. :eek1: Hopefully he didn't practice just to allow his shoulder a little rest. :thinking:

Tomlin's giving Mewelde the nod as the starter Sunday night. :yellowthumb:
I don't think he'll be disappointed in him.

LatrobePA
10-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Ben will go. Moore will have a good game, I don't think he'll get 100 yards but he'll do okay. Like Westbrook he can catch too, which will help!

ejsteeler
10-03-2008, 09:57 AM
I agree, I think Ben will go, but I am not convinced he will finish the game. Depends on the O-line and the play calling....:crossfingers:

LatrobePA
10-03-2008, 10:08 AM
O-line will be up for the challenge.

TampaSteelGirl
10-03-2008, 10:45 AM
I think Ben will be ok, i'm so happy to see Moore starting, I was hoping he would, I know he's up for it and will do very well! Great call for Tomlin!! :clap:

DIESELMAN
10-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Ben is a warrior, he'll play and get this offense started on a roll. The Jags D is dinged up, its going to be a good hard hitting game.

AZ_Steeler
10-03-2008, 02:04 PM
I think Moore is going to be awesome... especially if they can hit him out in the flats on some swing and screen passes :bigthumb:

lloydfan4life
10-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Ben is a warrior, he'll play and get this offense started on a roll. The Jags D is dinged up, its going to be a good hard hitting game.

Not to mention they only have like 5 sacks in 4 games!! That's a good thing for Ben and our O line! Hopefully we'll head into the bye week with a win and no more injuries!

HUNT4SEVEN
10-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Ben needs the rest he has taken an beating so far this year..............

Stairwayto7
10-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Is the bye week enough for Ben to get healthy??? At this pace the countdown has to be on. Our O-line needs to get it together, and our play calling must help BEN ASAP

BlitzburghNation
10-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Is the bye week enough for Ben to get healthy??? At this pace the countdown has to be on. Our O-line needs to get it together, and our play calling must help BEN ASAP

Agreed,,,,,,,,,:bithumb:

Well who knows Moore better than Tomlin,,,,,,He was with him in Minnesota and he should be a dependable out-let for Ben,,,,,,,Hope we can keep ben healthy :pray:

Stlrs4Life
10-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Not to mention they only have like 5 sacks in 4 games!! That's a good thing for Ben and our O line! Hopefully we'll head into the bye week with a win and no more injuries!

Hope you didn't just jinx us! LOL! I'm still not sold.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2008, 07:03 PM
This is a smart move by Tomlin to keep Ben out and get him some extra rest. At this piont the only thing that Ben needs really is rest to heal that shoulder and after this week I would imagine he'll get nothing but that until the following Tuesday atleast. I would be surprised if he didn't play on Sunday.

SteelMusic
10-03-2008, 11:34 PM
What do you guys think of Moore being the starter this week? Personaly, I think we will be just fine, and maybe even turn some heads. He looked good against the Ratbirds. He can catch out of the backfield and has pretty light feet. This might actually fit nicely into Arians playcalling style. We should be OK this week.

On a lighter note. I actually found a "Here We Go Steerlers...Here We Go" ringtone. My boss was flippin' when he heard it today. The have it for free at FreeHTC.com (http://www.freehtc.com/steelersringtone)

See Yinz at the next homegame!:cope:

DanRooney
10-04-2008, 02:13 AM
Agreed,,,,,,,,,:bithumb:

Well who knows Moore better than Tomlin,,,,,,He was with him in Minnesota and he should be a dependable out-let for Ben,,,,,,,Hope we can keep ben healthy :pray:

Yeah he also knew Sean Mahan pretty well :lol:

K Train
10-05-2008, 07:42 PM
whos starting for simmons?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Im not sure we know 100% yet but I would imagine it's going to be Stapleton.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Stapleton practiced with the first team most of the week so it will probably be him...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-05-2008, 08:48 PM
This is the time for Ben to step up, the time for the Steelers to put to rest this demon of theirs in the Jags!

Captcoolhand
10-05-2008, 08:58 PM
I would be surprised if he didn't play on Sunday.
Just because He's there doesn't mean he's playing.....He might be running for his life.:duh: