PDA

View Full Version : You pick the starting RB

Zachintosh66
10-01-2008, 05:20 PM
VWho would you start? And list why...

Stlrs4Life
10-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Dookie, he has the experience with the team. Moore sucks. I would love to see more of Russell though.

Richmond Rukus
10-01-2008, 06:06 PM
I agree with seeing more of Russell. Moore seemed to step up when he needed to last week, and IMO, earning him the chance to carry the rock. He is also a good receiving back, and with the amount of pressure defenses are bringing, that would be a plus. Not sure I'm comfortable with his blocking ability.

$teelersRule
10-01-2008, 06:18 PM
i think it is going to be moore i think he did a good job when called upon last week. i do agree with you guys i would like to see more of russell though. i still believe he can be a great running back. idk what he did to get in Tomlin's dog house because they were really high on him for a wile :thinking:

AZ_Steeler
10-01-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm actually looking forward to Moore starting... more so than I was when Mendenhall started last week! Moore will turn a few heads this week... in a good way! :bigthumb:

OC Steel Curtain
10-01-2008, 06:34 PM
i would like to see dport and russell rotate and let moore be the third down back.. last time we saw the jags we were in the same dilemma.. this time we will come out smilin

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2008, 06:44 PM
It's kind of a toss up between Davenport and Moore but I think Moore will get the nod. I want to see a lot of Russel though, he's such a talent that just needs experience and he could be a real gem for us.

Dean Denton
10-01-2008, 07:08 PM
i would like to see dport and russell rotate and let moore be the third down back.. last time we saw the jags we were in the same dilemma.. this time we will come out smilin I agree with you. Sounds good to me.

Ambridge
10-01-2008, 07:56 PM
I don't care who the starting RB is as long as Tomlin sticks either Moore and/or Davenport back to return punts and kickoffs!!
STOP putting Santonio Holmes back there as a return man!!

Should Santonio go down returning a kick Mike Tomlin should be run out of town via Pitchforks and Burning Torches.

BlitzburghNation
10-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Looking forward to seeing what Moore can do against another tough defense,,,,,,:scratch:

He done pretty good against the rat's ,,,,,,,,Dookie is not in football shape yet and Russell can be our 3rd down back,,,,,,,But truthfully,this game depends on Ben again,he definetly won the MNF game and yes our "D" played great again !

Got a bad feeling we are looking at our 2nd loss,but maybe our "D" can pull this one out :crossfingers: The jags have problems with there o-line as well and The "wood" and "silverback" will have fun , fun , fun sacking Gerrard's :moon:

GOoooooooooooooo STEELERS :towelwave:

Stairwayto7
10-01-2008, 08:29 PM
I picked Davenport, but after reading all the post Moore deserves it

PsychoWard
10-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Moore!!! he steped it up last week, plus who knows what kind of shape dookie is in!

TEEMONT
10-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Dookie...but only gettin maybe 60% of the snaps....

Stlrs4Life
10-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Moore isn't an every down back, if he was, Minnesota never lets him go. Russell just needs the experience.

ToothAche
10-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Russel. The league knows the other guys

DIESELMAN
10-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Moore will start but its going to be interesting to see who finishes the game, especially if Russell gets in there and does a lot with his carries.

MOTORKRAFT
10-01-2008, 11:41 PM
I chose Moore because he can play Parkers roll. Russell can play the short yardage roll. Between the two everything should work out. Davenport should not even be an option unless he has been working out with the team and watching videos with the team. Oops he wasn't even on the practice squad. I'm going to call Belicheck and see how to explain Davenport if he even contributes anything this weekend.:stirpot:

LatrobePA
10-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Moore showed some good foot work, I say he steps up and has a big game. Jacks are 14th against the run this season, hopefully that'll give us some running room.

Russel would be my second pick, dookie will not be in shape for full a game of pounding.

NCSteeler
10-02-2008, 10:43 AM
Russell. Forced into the situation by injuries, you might as well gamble a bit, the kid could have a ton of upside I say it's time to see what he's got. That way you keep Moore as your 3rd down guy and Dookie to spell Gary.

LatrobePA
10-02-2008, 10:51 AM
All I know is there will be a STAND-OUT at the end of this game!!

SteelfordWexler
10-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Moore played well, but he is the best third down back we have. He is such a good receiver and has worked with that unit all year. Starting him really impacts that package - unless that is our primary offense this week.

Dookie is my guess for starter, but Russel is my vote. I think we will throw the ball a bit more, but we need some balance. So we need someone to carry the ball - even if it is just to compliment the passing game. I think Dookie would not be in football shape -how could he be? He could spell Russel a few series - but if we give him too much to do (Dookie) we could see some fumbles and blown assignments just due to fatigue.

lloydfan4life
10-02-2008, 09:40 PM
I voted Moore because I thought he really rose to the occasion last week and came through when we needed him to. I'd be fine with either Davenport or Russell getting the nod too, but I think last week's performance by Moore gives him the edge in my mind right now.

Whoever it is though, I hope we hammer the hell out of the Jags this week! Sunday night can't get here soon enough! :cope:

SteelCrazy
10-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Moore deserves the chance to start. He ran hard and caught the ball well out of thee backfield. The goalline runs were not his fault. Fire Arians:imho:

steelcityrockers
10-02-2008, 11:53 PM
MeMo. He is the most prven back on the roster. I am not in the mood to give a breakdown of him...maybe tomorrow if I remember/have time.

DocHolliday1989
10-03-2008, 07:29 AM
I think the start should go to Mewelde Moore myself, he has been here all year and I have been screaming for him to get more action all season. The Steelers signed him to make a difference on 3rd downs, and they have or had not used him until last monday night and it came at the cost of losing 2 other RB's in front of him Why sign someone if your not going to use him? The young man has talent and he looked good when he got a chance to play and start at Minnesota.
:thinking:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Moore played well, but he is the best third down back we have. He is such a good receiver and has worked with that unit all year. Starting him really impacts that package - unless that is our primary offense this week.

Dookie is my guess for starter, but Russel is my vote. I think we will throw the ball a bit more, but we need some balance. So we need someone to carry the ball - even if it is just to compliment the passing game. I think Dookie would not be in football shape -how could he be? He could spell Russel a few series - but if we give him too much to do (Dookie) we could see some fumbles and blown assignments just due to fatigue.

Mr. Wexler, I am sorry but I have to dissagree with the first part of your thread about Melwede. He is our best 3rd down back by far, but the Steelers werent using him at all. He never had a reception or a rush up til monday night. I am just very unimpressed with our coaching staff at this point..
:grin1:

lloydfan4life
10-03-2008, 08:39 AM
Looks like it's going to be Moore. :clap:

"Also, Coach Mike Tomlin said third-down back Mewelde Moore will be the starting running back against the Jaguars because of injuries to Willie Parker, Rashard Mendenhall and Carey Davis."

http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/08276/916891-66.stm

drucifer
10-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Gotta be MeMo...why slow his roll?

LatrobePA
10-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Lets hope he don't fall down taking the damn handoff!! LOL

Silverback 92
10-04-2008, 11:57 PM
moore is the must proven out of what we have left but is INJURY PRONE

Zachintosh66
10-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Moore = 99 yards!!!

I figured Ben was gonna throw alot, but I didnt expect Moore to get 99. The run plays were actually called at the right time IMO. Russell got some action as well in short yardage. I like Russell too, hopefullly he stays on the active roster the rest of season. Kudos to Moore!

:tt02: