PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis Sideline Comments Monday Night

Steelerlyn
10-01-2008, 11:03 AM
How many of you saw R. (Yardball) Lewis in a huddle with his teamates before the game say something like.........when we hit someone,we don't just hit "em,we hit 'em to put them out of the game? I unserstand the concept of amping up your teamates,and hitting hard is great and all,however,hitting someone with the express purpose to put them out of the game is fitting perhaps for the Maryland State Prison System,NOT the NFL.
I guess I just don't see the sport in that

JensK
10-01-2008, 11:05 AM
These guys are prof. sportsmen. I don't really think they make every hit to injur someone. I think it was just to fire up ppl. Lewis had one helluva game!

LatrobePA
10-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Ray had a great game and is a hell of a player, but I wouldn't mind to push him in front of a speeding train!!

TampaSteelGirl
10-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Well considering every game we play the Ravens except this game I've seen Suggs put some nasty intentional hits on Ben..I"m sorry but the aggression they show sends a message..they have a hatred for the Steelers...they want to take our guys out. That's the way I feel..

LatrobePA
10-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Like the cheap shot on opening kick-off. Left our guy on a stretcher!!

Steelerlyn
10-01-2008, 11:21 AM
The fact that I can't stand him has nothing to do with my feelings regarding his superior athletic talent.

Dean Denton
10-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Whatever, he's guilty....He killed someone, and everyone lets it go because her plays ball at a hight level. I dont care how good he plays, I would never want him on my team, and if the Steelers ever let him play for us, I think I would stop watching Football.
The best thing about Lewis is when Eddie George stiff-armed him into the dirt. As far as I'm concerned, Ray is the Mike Tyson of football, and what comes around goes around. I just hope I'm there when it comes back in Rays face.

For the record, I thought the special teams hit that took out Frazier was clean, he just didn't ssee it coming, and Ray put a clean hit on Jiggleballs. Maybe the rookie just cant take a hit. Ray did help to shut his mouth though, something our coaches failed to do before the game.

LatrobePA
10-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Whatever, he's guilty....He killed someone, and everyone lets it go because her plays ball at a hight level. I dont care how good he plays, I would never want him on my team, and if the Steelers ever let him play for us, I think I would stop watching Football.
The best thing about Lewis is when Eddie George stiff-armed him into the dirt. As far as I'm concerned, Ray is the Mike Tyson of football, and what comes around goes around. I just hope I'm there when it comes back in Rays face.

For the record, I thought the special teams hit that took out Frazier was clean, he just didn't ssee it coming, and Ray put a clean hit on Jiggleballs. Maybe the rookie just cant take a hit. Ray did help to shut his mouth though, something our coaches failed to do before the game.

You are right it was a clean hit, I never said it was dirty just cheap, he was out of the play and didn't need blocked, JMO...:yellowthumb:

Dean Denton
10-01-2008, 11:51 AM
You are right it was a clean hit, I never said it was dirty just cheap, he was out of the play and didn't need blocked, JMO...:yellowthumb:

hahaha, everything the Ravens do is cheap. I hate seeing players carted off, even the Ravens. However, I can not forgive Ray for killing someone and getting away with it, so I will not be sad when they cart him off. Sorry to sound harsh, but that could have been my friend or brother he stabbed to death, and I want justice....

LatrobePA
10-01-2008, 11:55 AM
hahaha, everything the Ravens do is cheap. I hate seeing players carted off, even the Ravens. However, I can not forgive Ray for killing someone and getting away with it, so I will not be sad when they cart him off. Sorry to sound harsh, but that could have been my friend or brother he stabbed to death, and I want justice....

Harsh, I just said I wanted to push him in front of a speeding train, I think your post is mild!! LOL

Gettysburgh_Steel
10-01-2008, 12:16 PM

I'm starting not to like you.Mendenhall is hurt and out for the season.You still call him jiggleballs. Lay off,he is a rookie.He took a big time hit,from a big time linebacker,and ended his season.You should not disrespect him like you do. As far as i am concerned we needed him. Shame on you! Now the Port is back and he will.........you hear me Denton???? Get his chance to shine.:tt02:

Dean Denton
10-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Harsh, I just said I wanted to push him in front of a speeding train, I think your post is mild!! LOL I'll drive the train...lol

OC Steel Curtain
10-01-2008, 12:39 PM
haha i love how Hines has Ed Reeds number.. Hines is always laying blocks on Ed haha

Dean Denton
10-01-2008, 01:20 PM
haha i love how Hines has Ed Reeds number.. Hines is always laying blocks on Ed haha
Yeah it was funny when he drilled him. Ed tried punching him in the gut too, and no flag...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Gay ray has been saying that stuff for years. Before every game he starts dancing like a freeking lunatic and screams at the top of his lungs like some kinda sick cat or something trying to fire up his team. he's like a god in ratbird land and they always have him doing the speech to the team..I don't think they can play without him ranting like a damn fool first.

Dean Denton
10-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Gay ray has been saying that stuff for years. Before every game he starts dancing like a freeking lunatic and screams at the top of his lungs like some kinda sick cat or something trying to fire up his team. he's like a god in ratbird land and they always have him doing the speech to the team..I don't think they can play without him ranting like a damn fool first. He is a nut job. All things considered. I will stick to just wanting to fight Brady in the cage, and leave Ray for Joey Porter to beat up..I dont want to get shanked or anything...lol

TEEMONT
10-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Its hard to understand if you never played the game....you dont wanna hit someone to tickle them...you hit to hurt them...make them scared of you. I dont like Lewis as a person, but I love the way he plays ball.

Why is this in the Steeler section...?

jpele
10-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Ray Lewis in nothing more than human waste, had anyone on this board been in Rays' place in Atlanta, they would still be rotting in prison.

Stlrs4Life
10-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Ray Lewis in nothing more than human waste, had anyone on this board been in Rays' place in Atlanta, they would still be rotting in prison.

Exactly , heck on Ray /Lewis.

Dean Denton
10-01-2008, 06:10 PM
He did snap our rookie in 2 though. Shut him up, but good.

Ambridge
10-01-2008, 06:47 PM
......and Ray put a clean hit on Jiggleballs. Maybe the rookie just cant take a hit. Ray did help to shut his mouth though, something our coaches failed to do before the game.

I despise Ray Lewis and I wish him nothing but the worst but I have to agree that the tackle on Mendenhall looked like nothing but a clean...ordinary hard hit.
The first thought that went through my head when I heard Mendenhall went on the IR List is "I wonder if he's going to end up being a China-doll the rest of his career"?

I know that's a totally premature assumption but that was my first thought.

Dean Denton
10-01-2008, 07:21 PM
I despise Ray Lewis and I wish him nothing but the worst but I have to agree that the tackle on Mendenhall looked like nothing but a clean...ordinary hard hit.
The first thought that went through my head when I heard Mendenhall went on the IR List is "I wonder if he's going to end up being a China-doll the rest of his career"?

I know that's a totally premature assumption but that was my first thought.

I know that's a totally premature assumption but that was my first thought.[/QUOTE] Mine too. It wasn't anything special. He didn't get a big running start at him. I wonder if this guy will be the answer for running between the tackles.....Or it was just a lucky h

Stairwayto7
10-01-2008, 07:22 PM
I`m sure our guys get pretty nasty in the huddles to.

BlitzburghNation
10-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Love these type of games,,,,,,,,This is old school football,the way it was meant to be played :popcorn:

Nowadays they put skirts on the QB's,"which is B.S." and fining players retarded amounts for hits ,C'Mon this is football,,,,,,,,,Remember back in the day our STEEL CURTAIN layed some nasty hits on the oposition "We were the intimidators" and put fear in offenses :towelwave:

My favorite part of the game to watch is our Defense ,,,,,,,,,I am a defensive person "love the hard hits"

Far as this :moon: Hole Lewis,,,,,,,,,Can't stand the guy but that was a clean hit and he plays the game the way a Middle LB should ! "Minus his pre-game dancing crap"

DIESELMAN
10-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Lewis is still a good LB, not a force to be reckoned with like he used to be but still good nonetheless. As far as Rashard, he was playing a good game until he got hurt. I'm with you Sam, I would rather watch a 0-0 game into OT with lots of big hits and mother ****ers getting knocked the **** out (other teams of course). These days players are bigger and faster, they should be able to handle the hits with out crying about a flag.

Clevelandsux
10-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Well Ray Ray backed up his words. He put out our first round draft choice for the season. He wasn't lying about his intentions.

Steeler Power
10-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Push in front of a speedy BUS, if you you know who I mean...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2008, 11:39 PM
The hit on Rashard was a clean one from what I saw too, it was just 2 guys colliding at the point of attack and Mendy got the worse of it. We dished out plenty of pain on their side too and Ray got his share of beat downs at the hands of Hines, Davis, and others so let's not fool ourselves into thinking we couldn't play the same type of game.

MOTORKRAFT
10-01-2008, 11:58 PM
I don't like Ray Lewis because he is a Raven. If he was a Steeler I would like him. Simple as that. His words to his team mates to start the game, we're nothing more than words. Do any of you think he's at home right now saying, I did what I said ? I think not !!! If he is, I would love for him to be a Steeler. Jack Lambert didn't play f-around. Jack Ham, didn't play f-around, L.C., Mean Joe, Dwight White, Andy Russell, Ernie Homes, Donnie Shell, Mel Blount, Etc., Etc. All of them and others played the game violent. They played the game to win. Times are changing in football and I don't like it. Hell, at this rate somebody will complain about the tackle because somebody didn't ask first. It's football people.

SteelersWoman
10-02-2008, 05:13 AM
On NFLN, were talking about Rashard's comment to his friend--they said they didn't feel what Rashard did was wrong--that friends in the NFL trash talk to each other all the time before a game...what friends DON'T do is share the text with all their teammates.

They thought it was very "not cool" (to quote them), and so do I--his comments weren't supposed to be bulletin board material. If they were, he'd have told the media.

UPDATE==Just found this on another site:
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/09/28/steelers-rb-rashard-mendenhall-knows-nothing-of-smack-talkin-te/

Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall Knows Nothing of Smack-Talkin' Text message

On Friday, James Walker ... reported that ... Mendenhall had texted ... Rice and that Mendenhall boasted he would have "a big day" in his first career start against a Ravens defense that hasn't allowed a 100-yard rusher in 21 games, the NFL's longest current streak. ...

The maneuver surprised those who've dealt with the quiet and humble Mendenhall this year. So it was no surprise when Walker updated his story on Saturday that Mendenhall denied doing it.

"That was news to me," Mendenhall said. "Everybody that knows me knows that's not my style."

MPYOUNG33
10-02-2008, 04:07 PM
He's a murderer