PDA

View Full Version : Media Counting the Steelers OUT!!!

LatrobePA
10-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Seems to be a safe bet if you are working on the NFL network, ESPN, etc etc....

These guys are killing me. Yea we're banged up and missing a few guys, but I think we pull this game out and go into the bye 4-1 and come back rested with our starters and begin our run!

O has looked like sheeeit, but I think this last game was a small spark. The oline will start playing, and the fill in guys are going to be huge!!

WE ARE DUE FOR A BLOW OUT GAME!!:tt02:

memphissteelergirl
10-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Pffft....those schmucks are paid to talk....let 'em. :blah:

Dean Denton
10-01-2008, 12:43 PM
I think they do this to us every year. They start out power ranking us high, then tear us apart whenever we lose a game or play like shiat. We really have not done anything on Off this year to make them think we can put up big numbers or compete down the stretch, but I think we can because we have Ben, and ESPN seems to think he's the third best in the league over all, and the heir apparent to Brady and the good Manning. So if we have that, then we have a shot. I say Ben is #2 only behind Peyton. We dont know how good Brady is because he cheated. Am I wrong????

SteelfordWexler
10-01-2008, 01:29 PM
We dont know how good Brady is because he cheated. Am I wrong????

I hate Brady as much as anyone, but he is a great player. They may have cheated in the past - but I don't think they were doing it last year. I'm not saying he shouldn't be tarnished in the whole spying thing, only that he can play. The Pats are a shell of what they were last year without him.

K Train
10-01-2008, 01:34 PM
who cares, they were riding pittsburghs dicks week one when brady went down, and now we dont have a chance? lol bunch of retards

Dean Denton
10-01-2008, 01:43 PM
I hate Brady as much as anyone, but he is a great player. They may have cheated in the past - but I don't think they were doing it last year. I'm not saying he shouldn't be tarnished in the whole spying thing, only that he can play. The Pats are a shell of what they were last year without him. You do remember them getting caught last year right? On top of that, they didn't win anything either this last year. Bledsoe and a few other players threw them all under the bus. They tossed out all the extra film. Sorry, for me I'm not sold on Brady just yet. You ever wonder why all three of those Superbowls were only won by 3 points? You ever notice Brady always just got them in field goal range? Never won the game himself. 3 rings for $700.000. not a bad price to pay. sorry, Brady still needs to prove himself to me before I give him anything.

Plus, on a side note, I have sent many emails to the Pats and Brady requesting to meet him in a cage to fight it out because I think he's half a man, and walks like a girl. Karma caught up to that sissy anyways, but I still want a piece of that limp noodle. I train hard, and want my payback.

SteelfordWexler
10-01-2008, 01:51 PM
You do remember them getting caught last year right? On top of that, they didn't win anything either this last year. Bledsoe and a few other players threw them all under the bus. They tossed out all the extra film. Sorry, for me I'm not sold on Brady just yet. You ever wonder why all three of those Superbowls were only won by 3 points? You ever notice Brady always just got them in field goal range? Never won the game himself. 3 rings for $700.000. not a bad price to pay. sorry, Brady still needs to prove himself to me before I give him anything.

Plus, on a side note, I have sent many emails to the Pats and Brady requesting to meet him in a cage to fight it out because I think he's half a man, and walks like a girl. Karma caught up to that sissy anyways, but I still want a piece of that limp noodle. I train hard, and want my payback.

If you ever get the chance - I have a few AFC Championship games I can recommend you watch to get you in the mood. ::cursin:

DocHolliday1989
10-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Just let'em say what they wish and hopefuly our steelers can go into the bye week at 4-1 and no one will be noticing a thing... But they should know by now not to doubt the Steeler Nation!!!
:nono:/B]

DBR96A
10-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Just let'em say what they wish and hopefuly our steelers can go into the bye week at 4-1 and no one will be noticing a thing... But they should know by now not to doubt the Steeler Nation!!!
:nono:/B]

You know what's funny? Even if the Steelers enter the bye week at 4-1, they may as well just fall off the face of the earth during the bye. People will forget they even exist.

Dean Denton
10-01-2008, 02:07 PM
If you ever get the chance - I have a few AFC Championship games I can recommend you watch to get you in the mood. ::cursin:

Yeah, I know the ones...lol I always see Brady's face when I rip into my punching bag. I broke my last bag, so that gives you bit of an idea of the hate I have for that SOB

Richmond Rukus
10-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Newbie here. No better way to start than to rustle some feathers a bit. :grin1:

Although I understand the media has, at times, been overly critical of Steelers teams, I don't see where the Steelers play has warranted any positive feedback thus far. The offense it absolutely horrible. We beat a bad texans team, barely beat the Browns, albeit in a hurricane, and had trouble with a ravens team with a rookie QB, at home. The only decent team we played beat us, with only 15 points, and registered 8 sacks on Ben and 9 total. If I had to pick a winner straight up in this game, I would go with Jacksonville on the road. I won't count us out, and I hope I'm wrong, but I can't blame the pundits for slammin this team right now.

Our D on the other hand is playing great and can solely keep us in games. If our Offensive line can start putting even mediocre performances together, we'll have a chance every week, no matter who we're playing. Hopefully Simmons being out may actually help this line, at least a little bit.

Dean Denton
10-01-2008, 04:29 PM

Although I understand the media has, at times, been overly critical of Steelers teams, I don't see where the Steelers play has warranted any positive feedback thus far. The offense it absolutely horrible. We beat a bad texans team, barely beat the Browns, albeit in a hurricane, and had trouble with a ravens team with a rookie QB, at home. The only decent team we played beat us, with only 15 points, and registered 8 sacks on Ben and 9 total. If I had to pick a winner straight up in this game, I would go with Jacksonville on the road. I won't count us out, and I hope I'm wrong, but I can't blame the pundits for slammin this team right now.

Our D on the other hand is playing great and can solely keep us in games. If our Offensive line can start putting even mediocre performances together, we'll have a chance every week, no matter who we're playing. Hopefully Simmons being out may actually help this line, at least a little bit.
Dude, I think your a big jerk. What kind of crap is that? just kidding...Welcome to SA..

AZ_Steeler
10-01-2008, 04:36 PM

You're exactly right... I was just looking at the Steelers offensive stats and they are horrific! The Steelers, as of today, rank 29th in total offense in the NFL, just ahead of the Rams, Browns and Bengals... that's great company right there~ Big Ben has yet to pass for a 200 yard game, he had his high this past Monday night... 191 yards! Not to mention Ben also has 5 fumbles losing three in just 4 games...

The defense on the other hand is ranked 2nd overall, just behind the Ravens. And yes, you can thank the D for the win Monday night because had Harrison not forced the fumble and Woodley scooped up for 6 OT wouldn't have been needed. This offense is going to wake up at some point, but right now the o-line has their heads stuck up their asses, and Ben feels like a bitch because he's spending so much time on his back!

I would have to count the Steelers out too until a few BIG things are resolved; offensive line, the running and the offense in general. After that first week, yes the Steelers did look like the team to beat but after 4 weeks we all know that Houston is not the team everyone expected them to be either.

:welcome:

Steelers70
10-01-2008, 04:36 PM
The Steelers have always played better when they're the underdogs in the media. I imagine we could win the next 6 straight Super Bowls and all they'd report is how Ben is not nearly as awesome in their eyes as Tom Brady.

-Steelers70

Stlrs4Life
10-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Well, the way our offense has looked lately they have every reason to count us out. And our D has problems on 3rd and long situations.

DBR96A
10-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Well, the way our offense has looked lately they have every reason to count us out. And our D has problems on 3rd and long situations.

Too much zone coverage.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2008, 06:45 PM
who cares, they were riding pittsburghs dicks week one when brady went down, and now we dont have a chance? lol bunch of retards

that's about the size of it right there :iagree: The media was all about us in the AFC the minute Brady was lost for the year, now we're to goats again. If we win next week we'll be tops..it's quite comical to watch them flipflop each week.

Dean Denton
10-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Stop all of this crazy talk . I cant take it anymore...you making me sad. this team is getting ready to break out, and kick ***. This has always been a team that stands and falls together. If the O is bad, then its on both sides of the ball. Meaning....If one side is bad they are both at fault. The D should have gotten a turnover and made it easy for them. If the D is playing bad, then the O needs to run up the score. These guys are going to fight it out together, win or lose. this is a real team, and they will all come together. You wait and see. give the O a chance. I mean, we are 3-1 after Sept. We cant be all that bad. We just played 2 really good Def back to back, and we have another one on Sunday. Its going to be ok guys. They will figure it out.

SteelfordWexler
10-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Stop all of this crazy talk . I cant take it anymore...you making me sad. this team is getting ready to break out, and kick ***. This has always been a team that stands and falls together. If the O is bad, then its on both sides of the ball. Meaning....If one side is bad they are both at fault. The D should have gotten a turnover and made it easy for them. If the D is playing bad, then the O needs to run up the score. These guys are going to fight it out together, win or lose. this is a real team, and they will all come together. You wait and see. give the O a chance. I mean, we are 3-1 after Sept. We cant be all that bad. We just played 2 really good Def back to back, and we have another one on Sunday. Its going to be ok guys. They will figure it out.

:plus1:

We played a better D Monday night than the week prior and improved substantially.
Protection was better, ,
Ben got rid of the ball better in the second half.
After going without a first down 7 drives in a row, we scored on 3 of our last 5 drives.
Oh yeah, we won!

These guys are good and we are so due for a breakout game. I'd rather play poorly during the early part of the schedule (and go 3-1) than start fast and fade (watch the Cowboys)

ToothAche
10-02-2008, 01:54 PM
:plus1:

We played a better D Monday night than the week prior and improved substantially.
Protection was better, ,
Ben got rid of the ball better in the second half.
After going without a first down 7 drives in a row, we scored on 3 of our last 5 drives.
Oh yeah, we won!

These guys are good and we are so due for a breakout game. I'd rather play poorly during the early part of the schedule (and go 3-1) than start fast and fade (watch the Cowboys)

My point exactly. We played some good defensive clubs, Eagles (3), Ravens (1), and believe it or not, the Browns are ranked 10th in total defense. The Jaguars are ranked 18th, middle of the road. I know we dont really know what are running game is going to look like, but their running game hasn't developed for them like everyone thought it would.

The key match-ups is our wideouts on their secondary. They ranked 24th in the league against the pass, giving up 225 yards a game.

TEEMONT
10-02-2008, 02:24 PM
I will never understand why Steeler fans feel the need to feel slighted by the media. I mean really, who cares?

Obviously the Steelers have not played well at all this year, so the fact that we are in the top 5 in most power rankings (ESPN) shows me, if anything, that we are being overrated by some of the media. They have scored less than 20 PPG this year, granted they have been playing some tough D's, but they need to step it up in that respect.

The offense is ranked in the bottom 3rd in every major category (points, total yards, passing yards, running yards), so to say they aren't getting respect just seems like fan bias to me.

The D is playing great, they shut down a Philly offense that lit up Dallas. They are also in the top 5 in every major defensive category. Do I think the offense will catch up? Yes I do, but until then, stop the ****ing whining about how the Steelers are counting the Steelers out, they are 3-1 and in first in the Division, we have nothing to whine about except our horrible play on offense, which will be changing.

JensK
10-02-2008, 03:41 PM
I will never understand why Steeler fans feel the need to feel slighted by the media. I mean really, who cares?

Obviously the Steelers have not played well at all this year, so the fact that we are in the top 5 in most power rankings (ESPN) shows me, if anything, that we are being overrated by some of the media. They have scored less than 20 PPG this year, granted they have been playing some tough D's, but they need to step it up in that respect.

The offense is ranked in the bottom 3rd in every major category (points, total yards, passing yards, running yards), so to say they aren't getting respect just seems like fan bias to me.

The D is playing great, they shut down a Philly offense that lit up Dallas. They are also in the top 5 in every major defensive category. Do I think the offense will catch up? Yes I do, but until then, stop the ****ing whining about how the Steelers are counting the Steelers out, they are 3-1 and in first in the Division, we have nothing to whine about except our horrible play on offense, which will be changing.

Indeed! It dosnt matter one bit if the media likes us or not. We'll go out there and get the job done. I mean, our offence sucks so far, but i too do believe they'll pick up the slack and get it running. But if you are ranked as we are on offence, you don't desirve any media hype. Its frankly the last thing we need to worry about atm.

duval_wall904
10-02-2008, 10:23 PM
What do you expect? The Jags have whooped the Steelers the last 4 times they've played, who do you think the media is gonna lean towards?

DBR96A
10-03-2008, 11:46 AM
What do you expect? The Jags have whooped the Steelers the last 4 times they've played, who do you think the media is gonna lean towards?

Your largest margin of victory in any of those four games is nine points. That's hardly a "whooping." It's a win nonetheless, but not as you describe it. Furthermore, I'm interested in seeing the outcome of this game now that you don't have a distinct health advantage. Consider the last four matchups:

10/16/2005: Ben Roethlisberger sidelined with a knee injury; Tommy Maddox throws 3 INTs and single-handedly gives you the the game.

9/18/2006: Roethlisberger plays his first meaningful game after a near-fatal motorcycle accident, and is clearly out of practice.

12/16/2007: No Aaron Smith or Ryan Clark in the lineup on defense, and people seriously wondered why the defense wasn't performing as well as before.

1/05/2008: Add Willie Parker and Marvel Smith to the list of December injuries.

We're banged up now, but you're banged up too. You ought to be grateful we got banged up to begin with; otherwise I'd give us a solid advantage.

duval_wall904
10-03-2008, 01:50 PM
injuries are a part of the game, its ignorant to make excuses about them. For some reason Steeler fans always complain about bad calls and injuries, like they don't happen to the other 31 teams too, right?