PDA

View Full Version : ESPN analysts

Clevelandsux
09-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Man were these guys driving me nuts. Jaworski had his nose up Flacco and the Ravens butts so much. When we were losing all they did was run us down tell us we're overated.
Kornheiser was funny when he talked about "eyegate".

Man it was so obvious who Jaworski was rooting for. It's like "we don't want your opinions, call the game". I really don't care for ESPN"S monday night team.

Coincidentally ESPN has us ranked number five right now???:thinking:

LarryNJ
09-30-2008, 08:48 PM
I think Jaws is one of the best if not the best analyst there is. His job is to break down the plays and I believe he does it well. I have no idea what Kornholes job is. He's simply annoying to me.

TEEMONT
09-30-2008, 09:44 PM
He didnt say anything about us....he just said the Steelers weren't as good as advertised.....

Forged in Steel
09-30-2008, 09:47 PM
What's the point of having 3 people broadcast a game anyway?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2008, 11:56 PM
He didnt say anything about us....he just said the Steelers weren't as good as advertised.....

and that would be about as correct as statement as one could make in the first half, yes? Im still not convinced this team is as good as advertised either. We're hit bad in the injury dept., we need the bye desperately, there's so many fundamental things wrong with this offense and even the defense at times that yeah Im skeptical too.

NCSteeler
10-01-2008, 06:09 AM
I'm pretty sure Jaws is high on Flacco's jock . I agree he breaks down plays well and we are overrated, but when we came out in the 2nd half and played well you could hear that they were completely un prepared to talk about us. These annoncers always seem biased when we are losing. Teh only one I really can't stand becasue I know he is against us is Deirdorf.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2008, 08:26 AM
MNF hasn't been the same since Frank, Al, and Dan were in the booth. I liked listening to t hem then. I could even tolerate Al and John Madden but the trio of people ABC continues to find for this gig is getting worse and worse. Jaws is generally OK most of the time but he was all over Flacco's jock the other night. Korny is just a complete goofball and the dude just needs to go.

JB 67
10-01-2008, 11:03 AM
It made me sick how bad Jaws was all over Flaco's jock..He was also critical of Ben for not getting rid of the ball fast enough and dumping the ball off when the blitz is coming which he did a better job of in the second half..

TampaSteelGirl
10-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Granted we aren't playing as well as we can play..we are a very talented team but you would swear it was the Ravens show monday night! The commentators are all over our shiat when we play well, can't say enough good stuff but I swear if I had to hear how many freaking sacks Ben during the Eagles game ONE MORE TIME I was going to stick a fork in my eye!!!! We all know...we've heard it all freakin week....we know how many....We never get any love so whatever! I"m just sick of these commentators hatin on us until we do great then they can't have enough to say...I do have to say Dan Marino always sticks up for us...Thanks Dan!! :yellowthumb:

yinzer
10-01-2008, 11:19 AM
we're not well like by the media/analysts. that's nothing new. who gives a shiat?

Stairwayto7
10-01-2008, 11:36 AM
We were gettig to much respect after winning the Teans game, now we shouldn`t get as much respect, we need to earn it. And I don`t thik that we earned it yet. Hell ESPN ranking us 5 is too much respect for what I`ve seen

TampaSteelGirl
10-01-2008, 11:37 AM
This is what i'm saying...we still win the game but we suck to the media. The Ravens have only won against the Bengals and Browns who suck arse but WE have alot to prove??? WTF??!!! I mean Flacco did ok but he wasn't brilliant! They act like his arase was made of gold and played like Tom Brady!!!
It's not like the Ravens dominated the game for God sake! They act like the Ravens won agains tough teams! They can suck it! We'll show them! We will get thru this even with injuried players, we have Ben stepping up as a huge leader, seemed to work in the 2nd half...I see this team playing better, new players coming in and helping us win!! I have faith! Let us be the underdog! The media loved the shiat out of the Cowboys until they lost to the Skins now what??? They dont' think they are SB contenders now!

Steelers have a lot to prove
It's hard to say just how good the Pittsburgh Steelers should feel about their overtime victory over the Baltimore Ravens on Monday night.

It isn't just that they lost offensive guard Kendall Simmons to a season-ending ruptured Achilles or rookie running back Rashard Mendenhall to a season-ending shoulder injury. It isn't just that their offensive line offers minimal protection to Ben Roethlisberger, whose constant exposure to pressure and hits could very well put him on the sideline along with Simmons, Mendenhall, and running back Willie Parker.

With injuries at running back, the Steelers will be calling on Mewelde Moore (21) to make more plays.

The problem is that the Steelers don't truly seem to have anything on which they can hang the notion of being a contender in the AFC. Their defense? Is performing well enough on that side of the ball to allow them to barely beat the Ravens at home cause for confidence? I don't think so. That was a rookie playing quarterback for Baltimore, and he still managed to make some big plays. And that was a Raven offense that hardly posed a serious threat with its running game.

The Steelers are going to come up against better opponents, certainly ones with better offenses. When their defense isn't able to win a game, can their offense do the job? Based on Monday night's performance and on the pathetic offensive showing against Philadelphia in Week 3, it doesn't seem likely.

More Monday night musings
The Ravens should feel pretty good about their rookie quarterback, Joe Flacco. He didn't seem a bit overwhelmed with performing on the primetime stage. And Ravens offensive coordinator Cam Cameron made no attempt to "protect" him with a safe game plan. Flacco threw 31 times, two fewer than Baltimore's rushing attempts.

Flacco was efficient, accurate, and put good zip on the ball when necessary. The bottom line is that he led the Ravens on a drive that tied the game in the fourth quarter and put them in a position to win. You can't ask for much more from your quarterback.

But Flacco still has a great deal to learn, and Monday night's game crystallized some of the major differences in facing NFL competition as opposed to what he saw at the University of Delaware. One, you can't hold onto the ball too long, which contributed to some of his five sacks. Two, you need to move the offense with a greater sense of urgency. Three, you can't put too much air under the ball.

Still, Flacco's performance not only had to be a boost to his confidence, but it also gave his teammates and coaches more reason to trust the kid at the controls of the offense.

The Steelers only got their offense in gear when, at Roethlisberger's insistence, they reverted to the two-minute drill in the second half. Big Ben was more comfortable calling his own plays on the fly, and it showed. The rest of the Steelers' offense also responded well. But it's hard to imagine that the Steelers could keep up this pace through an entire game and/or on a regular basis for the balance of the season. Although Roethlisberger was not sacked in the second half after being dumped three times in the first, he still makes himself extremely vulnerable in the pocket with his style of play. Roethlisberger long ago established he is almost always going to react slowly to pressure, hanging in until the last possible second to try and make something happen, and that would figure to only create greater vulnerability under the often chaotic atmosphere of a hurry-up approach.

Dean Denton
10-01-2008, 12:24 PM
I cant stand the monday night crew. This is by far the worst group ever to call MNF. They are right there with the NFL network crew for Thursday games. We have one more game with these idiots, and its over. I cant even sit and watch other teams because of this crew. Tony makes me want Dennis Miller back. I really mean that. And what happened to Theisman? Why cant we swap Tony for Joe? I was shocked to see Korholer back for another season, and I would be more shocked if he came back for a third. Is there nothing we can do as fans to get that loser out of there? Let me know where to send the email.

I wont even get started on how much trash they talked about the Steelers, and flip flopped when we started coming back, then won. My dad couldn't believe how they went back and forth they way they did. Not making any sense about 90% of the time, then called our coach GAY, in so many words. I guess its how you look at what was said, but my father and I took it as Tony calling Tomlin GAY....Fire the bastard please.

SteelfordWexler
10-01-2008, 01:24 PM
It wasn't just the crew calling the game. It was the whole pre-game/ half-time and post game analysis. It basically boiled down to -the Ravens Defense is the greatest ever and they have hope with a rookie QB now. Ray Lewis is legendary - blah blah blah. They are the biggest surprise of the season after beating the Browns (after an off week) and Bengals (???). Impressive!!

Even after we won - they talked about how great this team would be with an average offense. We were basically dismissed. Yeah the Steelers won, but the Ravens D is soo great. The Steelers offense didn't get on track much, but Flacco looked pretty good for a rook. Too bad we ruined their storyline and came back for a win.

DBR96A
10-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Sports media analysts didn't even respect the Steelers after they won the frickin' Super Bowl, so why would they respect us now?

Dean Denton
10-01-2008, 01:57 PM
It wasn't just the crew calling the game. It was the whole pre-game/ half-time and post game analysis. It basically boiled down to -the Ravens Defense is the greatest ever and they have hope with a rookie QB now. Ray Lewis is legendary - blah blah blah. They are the biggest surprise of the season after beating the Browns (after an off week) and Bengals (???). Impressive!!

Even after we won - they talked about how great this team would be with an average offense. We were basically dismissed. Yeah the Steelers won, but the Ravens D is soo great. The Steelers offense didn't get on track much, but Flacco looked pretty good for a rook. Too bad we ruined their storyline and came back for a win. and they called our coach GAY.

Did you like how they tried to put the kibosh on Ben by trying to say that leading the team down the field was old hat for him to win a game. It was expected even with a crappy OL, and the for Johhny Falco it would be impressive...I have rage...errrr...lol

DBR96A
10-01-2008, 02:00 PM
and they called our coach GAY.

Did you like how they tried to put the kibosh on Ben by trying to say that leading the team down the field was old hat for him to win a game. It was expected even with a crappy OL, and the for Johhny Falco it would be impressive...I have rage...errrr...lol

That might actually be a sign of respect. It's a way of saying, "He's put the team in scoring position in pressure situations several times before, so it's no surprise that he did it again."

Dean Denton
10-01-2008, 02:11 PM
That might actually be a sign of respect. It's a way of saying, "He's put the team in scoring position in pressure situations several times before, so it's no surprise that he did it again."
Yeah, but they still called Tomlin GAY...also, I think they were trying to mess him up. Just like when they posted that stat at the beginning of how we are 13-o at home on monday night.

dawgs
10-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Man were these guys driving me nuts. Jaworski had his nose up Flacco and the Ravens butts so much. When we were losing all they did was run us down tell us we're overated.
Kornheiser was funny when he talked about "eyegate".

Man it was so obvious who Jaworski was rooting for. It's like "we don't want your opinions, call the game". I really don't care for ESPN"S monday night team.

Coincidentally ESPN has us ranked number five right now???:thinking:

Try having troy aikmen calling the browns and cowboys game. wonder who he was rooting for??? I believe he had sex with tony romo during the game also.