PDA

View Full Version : The "GAME CHANGING" Moment

Iron City South
09-30-2008, 10:45 AM
I hope some of you recorded the game, because if you did you'll be able to see the game changing moment that took place last night in the 4th quarter.

Disgusted with the play calling and the play of his O-line, the camera caught Ben Roethlisberger in a defining moment having a side-line conversations with head coach Mike Tomlin. You can clearly see that Ben walked away energized from the brief meeting.

What happened next?

Ben grabbed his helmet and went out on the field with a new look and new energy to bring this thing home. Based on the post game interviews, is now out that a request from Roethlisberger directly to Tomlin to give him the permission to call his own plays and run the "no huddle" as he sees fit came and was approved by Tomlin. This is significant for a number of reasons.

1) As I said in my other thread, this move basically put Arians on ice with both Tomlin and Roethlisberger. This was their way of saying, "Thanks for playing Coordinator Bruce, but perhaps you're better served helping the equipment manager stir the Gatorade".

and

2) This puts the offensive adjustments more on Ben Roeth which 1) I think he will do a better job than Arians at and 2) this gives Ben the responsibility that he's wanted all along. It's Ben's job to know when and when not to go "no huddle"; having Arians determine this in his vanilla world on the sidelines is garbage.

Let's not sugar coat or glamourize this win folks. We still have big problems on the O-line and losing a few players yesterday didn't help matters.

This is Tomlin's biggest moment as the HC of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Every Steelers fan on the planet is watching to see how he works through this mess and keeps the season in tact. As far as those calling for "heads" .... Save your breath. Tomlin isn't firing anyone in the middle of the season. But if he creates ways to circumvent idiots like Arians and starts listening to his players like he did yesterday, there's no question he gets a passing grade from me. :clap:

LarryNJ
09-30-2008, 10:50 AM
"Thanks for playing Coordinator Bruce, but perhaps you're better served helping the equipment manager stir the Gatorade".

:lol::lol:

Good line!

yinzer
09-30-2008, 10:56 AM

Good line!

priceless!

LatrobePA
09-30-2008, 10:59 AM

Good line!

LOL, great one.

A 26 yr old QB calling his own game and turning the game around. Love it.

Don't get me wrong I did call for his butt to be put on the bench. So I'm glad they took the blinders off him and let him be an elite QB against the best damn D in the league!!

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2008, 11:25 AM
This video is really good...good for Ben!!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b3f9f4

pera2oo4
09-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Gatorade! haha

Quote from http://www.opensports.com/news/story/0e9f8c6e-8273-4b92-acbf-d4c883542c4b

"We're never going to quit," Roethlisberger said after the game."

He said something entirely different at halftime. The Steelers trailed, 13-3, and they were booed as they left the field.

Roethlisberger shouted at his offensive teammates in the locker room.

"I was tired of being booed," he said. "I was tired of being embarrassed."

Tackle Willie Colon said: "He's just being a leader. He said you either step up or die, and everyone got it in their minds they were going to fight."

Whether it was those fighting words or something else, the Steelers stunning turnaround late in the third quarter occurred within 15 seconds when it appeared nothing could go right for their offense"

TEEMONT
09-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Don't get me wrong I did call for his butt to be put on the bench.

which was the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my entire life.....

HUNT4SEVEN
09-30-2008, 11:38 AM
I hope some of you recorded the game, because if you did you'll be able to see the game changing moment that took place last night in the 4th quarter.

Disgusted with the play calling and the play of his O-line, the camera caught Ben Roethlisberger in a defining moment having a side-line conversations with head coach Mike Tomlin. You can clearly see that Ben walked away energized from the brief meeting.

What happened next?

Ben grabbed his helmet and went out on the field with a new look and new energy to bring this thing home. Based on the post game interviews, is now out that a request from Roethlisberger directly to Tomlin to give him the permission to call his own plays and run the "no huddle" as he sees fit came and was approved by Tomlin. This is significant for a number of reasons.

1) As I said in my other thread, this move basically put Arians on ice with both Tomlin and Roethlisberger. This was their way of saying, "Thanks for playing Coordinator Bruce, but perhaps you're better served helping the equipment manager stir the Gatorade".

and

2) This puts the offensive adjustments more on Ben Roeth which 1) I think he will do a better job than Arians at and 2) this gives Ben the responsibility that he's wanted all along. It's Ben's job to know when and when not to go "no huddle"; having Arians determine this in his vanilla world on the sidelines is garbage.

Let's not sugar coat or glamourize this win folks. We still have big problems on the O-line and losing a few players yesterday didn't help matters.

This is Tomlin's biggest moment as the HC of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Every Steelers fan on the planet is watching to see how he works through this mess and keeps the season in tact. As far as those calling for "heads" .... Save your breath. Tomlin isn't firing anyone in the middle of the season. But if he creates ways to circumvent idiots like Arians and starts listening to his players like he did yesterday, there's no question he gets a passing grade from me. :clap:
Nice post:hilarious: yea B.A should be Fired today:imho: yea i don't see them getting rid of them bum coaches untill the end of the year, but i'm glad Tomlin an Ben can work together an get thing straighten out:yellowthumb::tt02: GO STEELERS:tt02::yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
09-30-2008, 11:39 AM
which was the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my entire life.....

I know, sorry!! First half was a mess.....Sick of seeing the boy beat on and forced into dumb plays!!

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Im glad Ben said something...i'm sure he's tired of being embarrassed! We can play much better than that and Ben knows it...it's about time someone opens their mouth and gets this team fired up! Good for Ben to step up and end this embarrassment!! Arians needs to go!!!!! I'm sure Tomlin feels the same and with Ben asking for permission to take over..what's that tell ya?

Iron City South
09-30-2008, 12:40 PM
CAPTION THIS PIC
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/image/2007/10/28/op4t-1978.jpg
"Ben, I want to thank you for keeping me employed. Let me know if I can wash your car or even clean your pool while you're on vacation in the off-season!
No, I'm serious .... I don't know what I'd be doing right now without you keeping me around here."

Dean Denton
09-30-2008, 12:48 PM
I thought the game changing moment came when Hines got that idiot #95 to hit him late out of bounds. Yes Ben looked good on a couple of those plays, but also that crazy *** Def turned it around too. It was a team effort, but Hines started it. Ben picked it up, and the Def closed the show.

AZ_Steeler
09-30-2008, 01:21 PM
I actually just made this comment in another thread:

Late in that 3rd quarter and then into the 4th I felt like I saw a completely different Ben. His feet were moving, and he stepped up in the pocket... it's almost like he was playing with a sense of urgency which I hadn't seen from him so far this year. This game was a stepping stone for this team and I feel it may have propelled them into another level.

Ben was a whole new person after that little talk... Next Sunday night they need to take those scripted plays and throw em out and Ben needs to go no huddle on the second play and never stop!!! BA isn't out on the field, he doesn't see what's going on... he's looking at his script to see what's next. Bottom line is, if Ben sees something he needs to just go with it!

jpele
09-30-2008, 02:21 PM
an angry Ben Roethlisberger (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5536) went inside the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=pit)' locker room at halftime and screamed at his offensive teammates (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-1-1205/Big-Ben-yells--then-wills-his-team-to-victory.html) of how tired he was of getting his tail kicked.

AZ_Steeler
09-30-2008, 03:22 PM

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2008, 03:43 PM
an angry Ben Roethlisberger (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5536) went inside the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=pit)' locker room at halftime and screamed at his offensive teammates (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-1-1205/Big-Ben-yells--then-wills-his-team-to-victory.html) of how tired he was of getting his tail kicked.

Don't blame the guy a darn bit!