PDA

View Full Version : Tale of the Two Halfs - should have stuck with the no huddle

seth_westover
09-30-2008, 12:47 AM
Tonight's game was a very strange game to me, and I'm sure it was to many of you. From the opening kickoff where harrison was injured, you could tell it was going to be a very hard hitting game, as usual. We stopped them and drove down and got the early field goal looking pretty good, still kinda sloppy but overall pretty good. Then from that point on the first half was absolutly horrid! I even said to myself, well at least we don't have to trade up to get a good lineman because it looks like the season is a lost cause. We couldn't protect ben AGAIN! We couldn't get the running game going really well, RushHard did look pretty good on a few runs. Ben looked confused and frustrated. All in all it looked horrible. I even told my buddy, a redskins fan that was watchin the game with me, dude its over! We look disgusting! Our D was trying to win it for us but it wasn't happening.

Then coming out of the half, you could sense that something may happen. Mendy gets hurt and you say well nevermind. Then we move to the no huddle, start making some plays. Got a great bonehead move by that jackass getting the 15 yard personal foul that set up the great play by ben and santonio. Starting to get the momentum back. Then woodley came up with the monster play to force the fumble and score the TD. I was screaming so loud the whole neighborhood heard me. The D finished playing great same with the offense.

Sucks to hear that we lost mendy to the IR with a seperated shoulder. But we turned it around in the second half. If we can continue to take the playcalling away from arians and allow the boys to make plays, things can happen this year. We have the talent to make it deep in the playoffs but we have to utilize this talent the right way or we will be on the outside looking in.

MOTORKRAFT
09-30-2008, 12:56 AM
The Steelers were out coached and got lucky. Tomlin has to go. Simple as that.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2008, 01:01 AM
The team played like **** in the first half on offense..they can thank the defense for keeping them in the game. Thank God they finally used the no huddle alittle bit but they should have stuck with it.

Have to give props to them for sticking together though and fighting through it with all the injuries and hard play and Reed coming through with 2, 46 yd kicks back to back in OT.

JB 67
09-30-2008, 01:11 AM
The Steelers were out coached and got lucky. Tomlin has to go. Simple as that. out coached they played not to loose and like usual our QB made more plays than Baltimore's scoreboard buddy.. :cope:

steelcurtain09
09-30-2008, 01:44 AM
im losing faith in Arians.

Big Ben said in his post-game interview that coming out of the half he asked Arians if he could use the no huddle (i.e. call his own plays) and what happes??
They march right down the field and score.
And then as they go back to the huddle and B.A. starts calling the plays again the offense stalls...

Steelers70
09-30-2008, 01:45 AM
Roethlisberger said it best after the game. He said in the second half they went to the no huddle alot and let Ben call all of the plays. And I noticed a disturbing trend with Tomlin... In the last two games he has called a crappy time out right when we were making a big play. He cost us a touchdown tonight that would have given us the win with no OT. We didn't start to play even slightly decently on offense until Arians was removed completely from the equation. I think we'll see him headed down the road before too many more weeks.

-Steelers70

DBR96A
09-30-2008, 02:12 AM
Ben yelled at people in the locker room! HALLELUJAH! It's about time!

AZ_Steeler
09-30-2008, 03:23 AM
IMO... I think this game may have been that one that gets the Steelers on a roll, and their going to need that roll with the amount of injuries sustained against the Ravens!

HUNT4SEVEN
09-30-2008, 10:28 AM
out coached they played not to loose and like usual our QB made more plays than Baltimore's scoreboard buddy.. :cope:
No the Steelers need an real O-Coordinator:imho:And a real O-LINE coach.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Ben lit into his teammates on the offensive side during halftime. According to the PG he was screaming at them, griping about getting boo'd and the offense being an embarrassment, etc. Ben also told Arians we need a spark and to let him call the plays on the field. Well it worked because we got the score but then they went away from it again. :evilshake: when you have a team on the ropes like that you stick with what was working and the no huddle was working great. We could have marched down the field again and maybe scored to put the game out of reach.