PDA

View Full Version : If I'm Mike Tomlin, this is what I do...

DBR96A
09-29-2008, 10:25 PM
1. Take over play-calling duties from Bruce Arians for the rest of the season.
2. Force Dick LeBeau to call more man-coverage schemes.
3. Slap Ben upside the head and tell him to get rid of the ball at all costs, even if he has to throw it away.
4. Make everybody report to practice on Mondays until they win consecutive games.

LatrobePA
09-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Put Leftwich in, BEN IS DONE!! He's not seeing the field right, he's just done!!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-29-2008, 10:31 PM
3. Slap Ben upside the head and tell him to get rid of the ball at all costs, even if he has to throw it away.
4. Make everybody report to practice on Mondays until they win consecutive games.

Tomlin looks lost as a HC....I don't want him at all calling the offensive plays....I agree Arians is an idiot....But let the WR's coach call the plays...Mike Tomlin has no experience coaching offense at the college or NFL level.....

LeBeu won't call more man coverage schemes....He has ran it his way for a long time....Plus it has worked for the most part....Can't blame the defense when the offense can do nothing.....

Ben is a ****ing idiot right now...100 million dollar man needs to play better....

I like the practice idea but it won't happen...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Ben is just not right at all; he's not seeing the field, he's holding onto the ball way too long, he's not making good reads..the dude is just not doing anything right now.

DBR96A
09-29-2008, 10:35 PM
1. I'm developing some reservations about Mike Tomlin now, but it can't be any worse if he calls the plays on offense.
2. If Dick LeBeau hasn't realized that his zones are being picked apart by everybody, including a rookie QB tonight, then maybe he has nothing left.
3. If the motorcycle wreck has slowed Ben's mind down, then we'll have to eat his contract eventually.
4. Our offense doesn't deserve a day off.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Ben is gun shy if nothing else; he's not using the hot read at all and he's not making good decisions. He's beaten up, injured, his line sucks, the play calling sucks..it's coming apart at the seems. This team hasn't stopped the bleeding since last week and it's getting progressively worse.

V_83
09-29-2008, 10:49 PM
1. I'm developing some reservations about Mike Tomlin now, but it can't be any worse if he calls the plays on offense.
2. If Dick LeBeau hasn't realized that his zones are being picked apart by everybody, including a rookie QB tonight, then maybe he has nothing left.
3. If the motorcycle wreck has slowed Ben's mind down, then we'll have to eat his contract eventually.
4. Our offense doesn't deserve a day off.

I had some reservations at first and thought that we would eventually work ourselves out of this. But after having the same enormous problem (o-line) for over a year, I'm really starting to wonder. I'm almost sad to say it, but I agree with you, SOMETHING needs to change.:evilshake:

steelcityrockers
09-29-2008, 11:43 PM

Erm, Mike Tomlin is a defensive coach.

And whoever said replace Ben with Leftwhich...wow. You honestly think Leftwhich would be the better option? If I wasn't really tired, I would give you a mini scouting report on Lefty. Ben is your franchise. For better or worse.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2008, 01:07 AM
Leftwich or Dixon is not the answer right now.. Ben is the leader of this team, we will go as far as he takes us...period.

If you're MIke tomlin right now you are on the phone to Davenport and Russel.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-30-2008, 01:14 AM
Leftwich or Dixon is not the answer right now.. Ben is the leader of this team, we will go as far as he takes us...period.

If you're MIke tomlin right now you are on the phone to Davenport and Russel.

You never bench Ben unless his health calls for him to be benched....He signed the big contract and needs to start....He needs to get his act together but I would I do like about him he seems to never give up.....When he looks like complete crap at times he usually does man up and make plays to win the game most of the time....Unlike some other high profile QBs...cough cough Carson Palmer...lol

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-30-2008, 01:14 AM
Ben is just not right at all; he's not seeing the field, he's holding onto the ball way too long, he's not making good reads..the dude is just not doing anything right now.

And he is making our o-line look bad.Take that to da bank!!!!!!!:tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-30-2008, 01:20 AM

The OL is bad....I think Arians, Ben and the rest of the offense can do things to help the out but don't think for one minute the OL is very good in pass protection....Its not shocking to me since the current core was built for Cowher's power running game....I'm thrilled Kendall Simmons is lost for the season...He is average at best...I'm hoping Stapleton can prove to be a slight upgrade....2004 an undraft Keydrick Vincent took the place of an injured Kendall Simmons and played well...I'm hoping Stapleton can do the same thing....

K Train
09-30-2008, 01:27 AM
bench ben? kill yourself...leftwich is god awful in every way. its obvious hes hurting right now but a hurt ben is better than a leftwich period

K Train
09-30-2008, 01:28 AM

our oline is making our oline look terrible and making ben run for his life

Black@Gold Forever32
09-30-2008, 01:32 AM
our oline is making our oline look terrible and making ben run for his life

My only complaint with Ben is the few times he has that total brain fart INT like he did in the first half...Plus he doesn't hit his check downs enough...But Moore was used more at the end of there so that is a very good sign....For the life of me I will never understand why more plays are not designed for Heath Miller?....He isn't on the same level as a Gates or Witten but he isn't far behind them....I also would like to see more quick slants and such to Holmes....He is a big play waiting to happen....

MOTORKRAFT
09-30-2008, 01:38 AM
Did I miss something during the game? Or am I wrong? Did Ben throw over the top, go long? I could be wrong but I think there might be a problem. Ben threw long how many times? Did the Steelers even try to stretch the field? Finally, it may be time for Steeler football. Lets get Gary Russell to pound the football, lets rely on the defense to win games, If the Steelers don't get back to Steeler football we as fans are in trouble. Tomlin doesn't know what's going on, His chosen coaches are a joke. Run the ball, play defense. That's all.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-30-2008, 01:44 AM
Did I miss something during the game? Or am I wrong? Did Ben throw over the top, go long? I could be wrong but I think there might be a problem. Ben threw long how many times? Did the Steelers even try to stretch the field? Finally, it may be time for Steeler football. Lets get Gary Russell to pound the football, lets rely on the defense to win games, If the Steelers don't get back to Steeler football we as fans are in trouble. Tomlin doesn't know what's going on, His chosen coaches are a joke. Run the ball, play defense. That's all.

Ok.....I like Gary Russell and think he offers something as a player...He was a complete bad *** in college....But he still has much to prove at the NFL level...So I don't know about just pounding the ball with Gary Russell....Reason Ben didn't throw deep should be obvious....Have you watched the games this year?....Ben has no time to throw deep....lol

ARKIESTEEL
09-30-2008, 08:51 AM
Maybe I am just a fan ............ but didnt we win that game? We did change things up at half time and came out no huddle which seemed to help. Come on guys I know things look bad but hell cant we have at least one day to savor the win and look back down the line as we are in first place in the AFCN?

1. I say no to Leftwhich
2. Lets find another RB to help with the load
3. The O Line did look better than last week
4. Our D is pretty damn good

A win is a win

jpele
09-30-2008, 09:40 AM
How can anyone can say Ben isn't seeing the field and missing hot reads,if I'm not mistaken for a hot read to work ,the receiver has to be in on the play and if its the play I'm thinking of ,Hines Ward was the problem not Ben.

Does anyone want to take away the 49 yrd. pass play to Ward ? That was a product of Ben holding the ball too long.

The only problem I see with Roethlisberger is the beating he is taking,having to watch your own back will tend to take away from concentrating on the field in front of you.

My biggest questions to Tomlin are :

Who is Carey Davis and what is he doing in a Steelers uniform ? You have Mewelde Moore sitting on the bench and you're using Davis.

Went to the no huddle and it worked for the most part,but.... why did we stop once we scored ? I may be wrong but I believe at one point the Steelers stood around the LOS long enough that the Ravens were able to run fresh players onto the field.

When will you learn the zone blocking scheme will not work with the personal we have ( I hope its before Ben get seriously injured )

Timmons,Timmons,Timmons,you need to find ways of getting this guy on the field.

And lastly, someone please take Jeff Reed out and buy him a beeer on me.:tt02:

HUNT4SEVEN
09-30-2008, 10:07 AM

:yellowthumb:AGREED :tt02:

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2008, 10:08 AM
I think Ben was working a little harder to get rid of the ball faster but still needs to work on that. I personally think they should get rid of Arians and save his salary for the cap to get a couple big O-lineman and let Ben run the no huddle play calling. :yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
09-30-2008, 01:24 PM
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

BlitzburghNation
09-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Nice Read,,,,:bigthumb:

Heard him on sirius after game and he said we'll plug in other players and move on,that's football and injurys is a part of it,,,,,,,

LatrobePA
09-30-2008, 01:38 PM
This is a shake up for sure, but I feel it was a wake up call and the boys will step up!!

Dean Denton
09-30-2008, 01:49 PM
They have to step up. I like how 2 years in a row Tomlin has said that he think all the other teams are happy about our injurys.

steelcityrockers
09-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Maybe I am just a fan ............ but didnt we win that game? We did change things up at half time and came out no huddle which seemed to help. Come on guys I know things look bad but hell cant we have at least one day to savor the win and look back down the line as we are in first place in the AFCN?

1. I say no to Leftwhich
2. Lets find another RB to help with the load
3. The O Line did look better than last week
4. Our D is pretty damn good

A win is a win

I kinda think the same way. I'll take an ugly win any day.

DanRooney
09-30-2008, 09:05 PM

He should do 1, 3, and 4. Let Dick Lebeau do whatever he wants. Our defense is the only thing keeping us in games right now.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
Problem is the receiver routes. They're running too far out. By time Ben gets any contact, most of our receivers outside the RBs still have their backs to the QB.

NateNate needs to prove his worth. If hes so "fast" he needs to start running short routes up the middle like Welker. Either that or a 3 step cut and turn.