PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Injury Will Keep Steelers' Simmons Out

AZ_Steeler
10-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Where are the brakes for this gigantic snowball that is getting out of control!!!!

Well Mr. Simmons, I'm glad you were the one who decided you wanted to sit out this week. It's not like the Steelers need you or anything...

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/10072321/detail.html

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers can't seem to catch a break with injuries.

The latest victim is right guard Kendall Simmons, who told ESPN Radio 1250 on Friday that he won't play against Kansas City on Sunday. He has been bothered all week by a foot bruise.

Earlier this week, Simmons apparently left a cold compress on his foot too long, creating a freezer-burn type of effect.

Simmons said he could play if he absolutely had to, but he plans to sit out this week.

Chris Kemoeatu, a second-year player from Utah, will likely start in place of Simmons, according to Channel 4 Action Sports anchor Jon Burton.

Also out for Sunday's game is linebacker Joey Porter, with an injured hamstring.

Deshea Townsend is questionable for Sunday, also with a hamstring injury.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Chris K is one mean *** beast ! Tough as all hell and definately has a good nasty streak in him. I honestly don't think we'll lose too much if anything by having Chris in there.

What I want to know is, how in the hell do you leave it on so long before you realize, "oh I better take this thing off now: ? :nonod:

Blitzburgh55
10-13-2006, 07:40 PM
:wtf: Thats really weird

Black@Gold Forever32
10-13-2006, 07:53 PM
I want to see what Chris Kemoeatu play. The guy is a beast. Lets face it also Kendall Simmons has really never been the same battling his illness and tearing his ACL.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-13-2006, 08:19 PM
http://media3.steelers.com/team/player/52790/

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2003/Dec/31/sports10a_b.jpg

The guy has all the physical attributes to be a monster for us, I can see him really doing well this weekend. He did well in spot duty for us last year. We'll have some growing pains with him just like with any rookie but overall he brings alot to the field for us.

Koopa
10-13-2006, 08:24 PM
i'm not worried either, chris seems like a ****ing monster lol, but is he good at pass blocking?? well i guess it don't matter cause either is simmons lol

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-13-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm glad to see Kemoeatu get the start.

augustashark
10-14-2006, 02:07 AM
i'm not worried either, chris seems like a ****ing monster lol, but is he good at pass blocking?? well i guess it don't matter cause either is simmons lol

Yes he is. If you remember his QB was Alex Smith. They damn near played every down out of the shotgun. They were a huge pass first team in college. I think he will be better at pass protection then run blocking.

Steelersfan
10-14-2006, 02:20 AM
Yes he is. If you remember his QB was Alex Smith. They damn near played every down out of the shotgun. They were a huge pass first team in college. I think he will be better at pass protection then run blocking.

That's a good point shark. He should do fine at both. They say it is easier to run block than pass block and he has had some time to learn the sytem.

Koopa
10-14-2006, 02:26 AM

oh yeah, forgot him and alex came out the same year lol. then i'm not worried at all

BlitzburghRockCity
10-14-2006, 07:15 AM
Russ Grimm is a beast at developing young lineman and he's now had over a year in the system. As I mentioned before i really like our depth on the OL for the most part. Tough young guys who chompin at the bit to get in there.

suitanim
10-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Hopefully he'll bring a bit of an attitude back to the Oline...they don't seem all that fired up so far this year.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-14-2006, 10:03 AM
I still wanna know what he was thinking, or not thinking, to leave it on too long to cause this injury :chair:

House of Steel
10-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Speaking of Russ Grimm, you know, he will someday make a hell of a fine NFL Head Coach for a team. I wouldn't mind him coaching the Steelers after Cowher retires, but, I think Whisenhunt is the leading candidate. Grimm is just too special to let go, he really knows the game of football and knows exactly how to find the strength in all the linemens we draft. He instills his prowess into them and look out. We have been so fortunate in the last decade to have awesome linemens come through on the assembly line in Pittsburgh. It is exciting and something that I really crave for when I look at the team from the opening season standpoint. LeBeau is going to be retiring soon cause he is up there in age, but he is perhaps one of the NFL's best defensive minds I've ever seen. It was a mistake to let him go to Cincy and try to coach that pathetic team. For him to come back and instill Blitzburgh again, I can't thank that man enough. I think the legacy of Blitzburgh will always be there for the future of the Steelers Defense. That is what we are known for.

Captcoolhand
10-14-2006, 12:06 PM
I still wanna know what he was thinking, or not thinking, to leave it on too long to cause this injury :chair:

It seems that Simmons, who has not practiced this week, fell asleep with a cooling device on his foot as he attempted to treat a heel injury.

I don't think you're thinking of to much when you're sleeping:sleepy: