PDA

View Full Version : #34 Sent a text...

LatrobePA
09-26-2008, 02:51 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3610947

Dean Denton
09-26-2008, 03:02 PM
That sucks, his own friend set him up. I have seen RM in interviews and this is not the type of player or guy he is. I think i'm more disappointed that he has a friend that plays for the Ravens...lol

LatrobePA
09-26-2008, 03:05 PM
That sucks, his own friend set him up. I have seen RM in interviews and this is not the type of player or guy he is. I think i'm more disappointed that he has a friend that plays for the Ravens...lol

lol, I'm sure he meant nothing by it. Could be he does have a good night, hell this might take some pressure off #7 with them now having a new target!!

jpele
09-26-2008, 03:06 PM
If any player needs bulletin material to get up for this game,they don't belong on the field.

Dean Denton
09-26-2008, 03:07 PM
If any player needs bulletin material to get up for this game,they don't belong on the field. Yeah well I still miss Porter....lol

yinzer
09-26-2008, 03:07 PM
ah, well... you never know. mendy might have a buck fitty against the raturds. i just think it's kinda funny, though. if i were in the nfl and had a friend on a rival team, i'd talk trash too. :tt02:

BlitzburghNation
09-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Big Whoop,,,,,,:whatever:

This game is not gonna be won or lost by the RB's,,,,,,,,My main two concerns is o-line protecting Ben & our rookie hanging onto the ball :pray:

I firmly believe our Defense will win this game,"will have there rookie's head swirling"
He'll throw 2 int's & have 2 Fumbles & we'll get a TD from one of them,,,,,,:towelwave:

STEELERS 13
TURDS 6

steelersgal86
09-26-2008, 04:19 PM

This game is not gonna be won or lost by the RB's,,,,,,,,My main two concerns is o-line protecting Ben & our rookie hanging onto the ball :pray:

I firmly believe our Defense will win this game,"will have there rookie's head swirling"
He'll throw 2 int's & have 2 Fumbles & we'll get a TD from one of them,,,,,,:towelwave:

STEELERS 13
TURDS 6

:markit: I agree!!!!

wish he would of sent me a text :scratch:

SteelerSal
09-26-2008, 04:27 PM
I'll bet Mendy was wishing that he played linebacker so he could get a few licks on Rice.:greengrin:

I hope Mendy has a great night and puts up some good #'s. Bulling over Scott,at the goaline for a td, would be great also:cope:

$teeler$guy
09-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Getting them pumped thats what trash talk does but you have to back it up.

Stlrs4Life
09-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Personally don't think it was the right thing to do. Didn't he learn from Anthony Smith last season? I know he wasn't here lasty year, but sure he heared the stuff Antony Smith said.

Dean Denton
09-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Personally don't think it was the right thing to do. Didn't he learn from Anthony Smith last season? I know he wasn't here lasty year, but sure he heared the stuff Antony Smith said. Anthony said it to the media, RM said it to a friend. I'm sure he said it the same way any one of us would say it to a friend if we were getting ready to play Madden 2009. Rice is the loser here, and just wanted to start something. Job well done. RM, and Sweed are two guys I am happy to have on my team, unlike Anthony Smith. However, last year the media kinda made him say that, and it really wasn't that bad. They asked him if the Steelers would win, and he said yes. He should have said, "we will give it our best shot." But whatever, screw New England, and their cheatin asses. I take back what I said...I like Smith again...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2008, 06:57 PM
If he's going to make a statement like that then Im sure he's not naive enough to think that his friend wasn't going to pass it along to his teammates. He needs to step up and be counted on, he's the man for us and the main guy this weekend. It's time to earn your paycheck rookie and what better place to start then in primetime against a hated rival.

The ratbirds will be gunning for him regardless but it's typical Bart Scott to need something like this to get fired up, he's such a douchebag and whiner it's not even funny!

Stairwayto7
09-26-2008, 06:59 PM
kinda stupid to even send that text to the oponent the week of a game.

Dean Denton
09-26-2008, 07:05 PM
If he's going to make a statement like that then Im sure he's not naive enough to think that his friend wasn't going to pass it along to his teammates. He needs to step up and be counted on, he's the man for us and the main guy this weekend. It's time to earn your paycheck rookie and what better place to start then in primetime against a hated rival.

The ratbirds will be gunning for him regardless but it's typical Bart Scott to need something like this to get fired up, he's such a douchebag and whiner it's not even funny!
Your right, he did open his mouth, so he better back it up. Maybe he was just trying to fire up that limp noodle of an OL that he has in front of him. Or he just has a death wish...lol

Stairwayto7
09-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Maybe he knows we are planning on passing alot so he trying to through them off.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
09-26-2008, 07:33 PM
mendenhall will be fine..but i seriously doubt he'll crack 100yds.A solid night for him would be about 20+ carries 80 yds and 1 TD. I'm hoping he'll be pissed off after watching PSU destroy his alma mater saturday night.:greengrin:

Dean Denton
09-26-2008, 07:41 PM
This is tough because our Run blocking seems to be so much better than the Pass blocking. I see the Ravens loading the box, and trying to blits, then blits some more. I'm really hoping to see something that is somewhat of a surprise because I have no clue as to how we are going to move the ball....

yinzer
09-26-2008, 08:00 PM
This is tough because our Run blocking seems to be so much better than the Pass blocking. I see the Ravens loading the box, and trying to blits, then blits some more. I'm really hoping to see something that is somewhat of a surprise because I have no clue as to how we are going to move the ball....

if that's the case, then we SHOULD see (notice i said SHOULD) a huge night for heath and maybe tonio on some quick slants. :tt02:

Dean Denton
09-26-2008, 08:23 PM
if that's the case, then we SHOULD see (notice i said SHOULD) a huge night for heath and maybe tonio on some quick slants. :tt02:
Whatever they do it better be quick because Ben has about .3 seconds to get that ball out of there before a swarm of Ravens are going to be all over him. With any luck we can get a few roughing the passer calls on those bastards. You know there good for it. Dirty Birds all the way. Look for Hines to lite someone up. All those guys are still bitter about last year, and they didn't get a chance at Hines in the rematch because we sat most of our starters at the end of the year. I look for Hines to draw first blood, and do it with a smile...lol

yinzer
09-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Whatever they do it better be quick because Ben has about .3 seconds to get that ball out of there before a swarm of Ravens are going to be all over him. With any luck we can get a few roughing the passer calls on those bastards. You know there good for it. Dirty Birds all the way. Look for Hines to lite someone up. All those guys are still bitter about last year, and they didn't get a chance at Hines in the rematch because we sat most of our starters at the end of the year. I look for Hines to draw first blood, and do it with a smile...lol

ya, the raturds are still jacked about the shalacking last year we gave them. i say first play of the game should be the same play we ran in 06 when we played the bungholes. the play when ben hit tonio on that quick slant and he went like 65 yards to knock the bungholes out of the playoffs!!

TEEMONT
09-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Good for him.....**** the Ravens....if this is for real....then Mendy just got a bump in Teemonts book....not that he was looking for one.....

NCSteeler
09-26-2008, 09:08 PM

Maybe an intentional misdirection on the Steelers part??

yinzer
09-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Maybe an intentional misdirection on the Steelers part??

..............................that's possible, i guess, but reaching.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2008, 10:04 PM
One wonders if this text was sent before or after Tomlin had a talk with Mendenhall about the word battles that go and back forth between these 2 teams. We don't need any motivation to get fired up for the Ratbirds that's for sure. I really think if he can get through the first quarter and not fumble or have any disastrous plays he'll be ok but he can't let them get into his head. They'll be talking and yapping at him all night to try and psyche him out.

TEEMONT
09-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Good for him.....**** the Ravens....if this is for real....then Mendy just got a bump in Teemonts book....not that he was looking for one.....

talk ****...and back it the **** up

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2008, 11:48 PM
It's about somebody on this team does since Porter left...LOL. Obviously Anthony Smith couldn't pull it off so let's see if Mendenhall can.

Bucsfan4ever
09-27-2008, 09:24 AM
The way I look at it is....this was a text between friends. I hope the Steelers Def stuffs Rice with all they've got for passing it along and Mendy has the better game between the two!!

GO MENDY!!! :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Sorry guys, the filter would have caught that one but it's taken care of now. We added it to the list.

Captcoolhand
09-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Sorry guys, the filter would have caught that one but it's taken care of now. We added it to the list.
:yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-27-2008, 12:07 PM
anywho, back to the topic ;) ....if there was ever a time for Mendenhall to show what he's got it's this weekend. Imagine how great it would be to see this kid come out strong and really put on a great performance for us..talk about really pissing off the purple people :lol:

He better be sleeping with that ball this week!

Steelers70
09-27-2008, 01:45 PM
RM was just joking around with a buddy and his buddy backstabbed him. I really hope RM has a huge game against the Ratbirds. Hell, I hope all the Steelers have a huge game against them. But especially Mendenhall after this.

-Steelers70

yinzer
09-27-2008, 04:35 PM
anywho, back to the topic ;) ....if there was ever a time for Mendenhall to show what he's got it's this weekend. Imagine how great it would be to see this kid come out strong and really put on a great performance for us..talk about really pissing off the purple people :lol:

He better be sleeping with that ball this week!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/cocomoka/ravens%20suck/ray1.jpg

Clevelandsux
09-27-2008, 06:30 PM
I hope Harrison lays out Ray Rice.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-27-2008, 09:03 PM

STEELERS 13
TURDS 6
Right plus this is an statement game 4 us we will show up n an big way.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway he sent it 2 an so called friend not the team, so if they need this 4 bullient board material, that show's u how scared they r of us:yellowthumb:

Silverback 92
09-28-2008, 10:42 PM
as long as he can walk it like he talks it other wise its live and learn rookie mistake

DIESELMAN
09-29-2008, 09:49 AM
At least he's not guaranteeing a win. He's just getting himself pumped up for the game, Lord knows he's got to do something with the little amounts of carries he has this season. TOP mentioned this in another thread about why aren't we playing Rashard more. No matter how good FWP was playing, Rashard needs a certain amount of carries every game to get his body conditioned for NFL hits and also get up to the speed of the game in the NFL, which is a hell of a lot faster then college.

SteelD43
09-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Speak your mind...just be ready when the lights come on rook