PDA

View Full Version : B MAC got the starting job!

yinzer
09-25-2008, 10:36 PM
B MAC is officially the starter from now on! :tt02: he's earned it!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2008, 11:06 PM
No doubt, I like the call. I like that McFadden is getting the nod, he's played well this year and both he and Ike make a good combo. Plus you have Deshea as the primary backup so we are set at DB. I just hope they can resign this guy before he hits the market because he'll be cashing in if he keeps this up.

$teeler$guy
09-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Good as he should be a starter lets see how he can play now.

AZ_Steeler
09-25-2008, 11:25 PM
Awesome!!! :cope: He definitely deserves it! :bigthumb:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
09-26-2008, 12:49 AM
This is good news..and really should have happened earlier. I like Deshea, but he will serve as a perfect veteran back-up. B-Mac is a playmaker plain and simple.

Prosdo
09-26-2008, 01:26 AM
Congrats to him. Definitely has been really looking out there. Keep it up!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-27-2008, 03:02 AM
IF McFadden continues to play well this year and we are able to sign him long term this would allow them to bring back Deshea as a backup who can also play Safety too. We'd be set with 2 young good CB's and a vet like Townsend with an upstart rookie in Gay waiting in the wings.

McFadden may be finally coming into his own and now that he has the chance he's producing like we all hoped he would.

SteelerDan43
09-27-2008, 11:32 AM
He should have taken Ike's job not Deshea's... Ike was 7th in the league in touchdowns and first downs allowed in coverage and 4th in the league in passing yards allowed in coverage last season... He lets the guys catch it then tackles, his actual pass defense skills are crap. The only player on the Steelers who go burnt more often was Anthony Smith.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
09-27-2008, 12:16 PM
He should have taken Ike's job not Deshea's... Ike was 7th in the league in touchdowns and first downs allowed in coverage and 4th in the league in passing yards allowed in coverage last season... He lets the guys catch it then tackles, his actual pass defense skills are crap. The only player on the Steelers who go burnt more often was Anthony Smith.

I disagree with this....Ike has been improving every year since he's been here.Those figures are a little distorted..Ike is 9 times out 10 matched up with the other teams premier player and does a solid job.Granted he doesn't catch alot of INT's that come his way but he's been pretty good in coverage.I like the tandom of Ike and Bmac.

Stlrs4Life
09-27-2008, 01:09 PM
McFadden definately has stepped up. Hope he continues his well playing.

SteelerDan43
09-27-2008, 09:10 PM
I disagree with this....Ike has been improving every year since he's been here.Those figures are a little distorted..Ike is 9 times out 10 matched up with the other teams premier player and does a solid job.Granted he doesn't catch alot of INT's that come his way but he's been pretty good in coverage.I like the tandom of Ike and Bmac.

So do all the other "#1" DB's in the league and they don't give up that type of average... When a pass is caught against Ike it averages 7.2 yards (second on the Steelers only to Smith's 11.0) and he has the worst success rate of any Steelers DB... Hey was targeted 23% of the time, there is a reason for that... Teams feel they can be successful against Ike and they usually are.

SteelerSal
09-27-2008, 10:10 PM
So do all the other "#1" DB's in the league and they don't give up that type of average... When a pass is caught against Ike it averages 7.2 yards (second on the Steelers only to Smith's 11.0) and he has the worst success rate of any Steelers DB... Hey was targeted 23% of the time, there is a reason for that... Teams feel they can be successful against Ike and they usually are.

I agree. Opposing qb's don't fear throwing to Ike's side. He needs to step up his game and become the shutdown corner that we have been waiting for him to be.
As for Mcfadden, like posted earlier, he has been playing great and deserves it.
Townsend was a great nickle db, before becoming the starter and he will be that again while also being great insurance if he is needed as the starter again.

Not to bash Ike but has anybody else notice after Ike gives up a big catch, after he makes the tackle he get up and walks away like he did something great?

DanRooney
09-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Ike is actually the only corner consistently giving up first downs. Cowher benched him for a reason.