PDA

View Full Version : Arians taking blame for loss vs. Philly

yinzer
09-25-2008, 09:42 PM
www.pittsburghtribunereview.com

i know it's beating a dead horse but at least he's owning up to it. then again, it WAS his fault.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2008, 09:57 PM
He owned up to a couple losses last year too especially towards the end of the year. Im glad he realizes it's his deal but man sooner or later you have to realize stuff isn't working and fix it. we should have come out against the eagles with the short passing game and marched down the field. That slows down the pass rush and allows your QB to get into a groove. Then to change things up you run the no huddle too. I mean I know this is the NFL and all but damn it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out!

yinzer
09-25-2008, 10:00 PM
He owned up to a couple losses last year too especially towards the end of the year. Im glad he realizes it's his deal but man sooner or later you have to realize stuff isn't working and fix it. we should have come out against the eagles with the short passing game and marched down the field. That slows down the pass rush and allows your QB to get into a groove. Then to change things up you run the no huddle too. I mean I know this is the NFL and all but damn it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out!

TG, how's ur offensive coordinator resume' looking these days?? :clap:

Stlrs4Life
09-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Well, it only took him a week.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Im telling ya Yinzer...you, me, and any one of a number of people on this site could do the job at this point :lol: Honestly I was fully expecting us to come out with that game plan. That's how you attack the eagles and any other team with a fast defense; you go right at them and go on the offensive with short to intermediate route plays and wear them out. You can march down the field on dink and dunk passing plays just the same as you can running. Then after you have them loosened up and you go bombs away now and then and catch them napping. Teams have done it to us and lots of team who know what the hell they are doing use it on a regular basis just to keep teams on their toes and stay unpredictable.

Troyisabeast_43
09-25-2008, 10:07 PM

I agree with you TG it's good to see him owning up to the loss, but eventually talking about it and admitting you screwed up aren't good enough anymore. Results on the field are all that matter at the end of the day. I think it's an important time for Bruce Arians right now as the Steelers offensive coordinator. He is really going to start feeling the heat here if this offense continues to struggle and not change things up when they are struggling durint the middle of a game to score points. Bruce Arians MUST improve his play-calling this season or else the samethings we saw last year are going to keep happening again this season and it's going to continue to costs the Steelers more games.

yinzer
09-25-2008, 10:10 PM
I agree with you TG it's good to see him owning up to the loss, but eventually talking about it and admitting you screwed up aren't good enough anymore. Results on the field are all that matter at the end of the day. I think it's an important time for Bruce Arians right now as the Steelers offensive coordinator. He is really going to start feeling the heat here if this offense continues to struggle and not change things up when they are struggling durint the middle of a game to score points. Bruce Arians MUST improve his play-calling this season or else the samethings we saw last year are going to keep happening again this season and it's going to continue to costs the Steelers more games.

somehow, him admitting this doesn't really make me feel any better. it's like my wife yelling at me for doin something stupid again and again. i keep apologizing but the outcome is never different. whoops!

LatrobePA
09-25-2008, 10:43 PM
NFL Channel, AFC playbook...They just broke it down, after seeing this Ben is as much to blame, he missed hot routes, hell he had 83 wide freakin open with enough time, Ben looked left instead of right. Simple **** like that, I now believe this **** can be fixed. May take a few week, but I feel a little better! BA still sucks ***!!

$teeler$guy
09-25-2008, 11:05 PM
But it takes more then one person for a team to loss

BlitzburghNation
09-26-2008, 12:29 AM
Already Moved on,,,,,,,Ready to :spank: the rat-turds :moon:

Steelers70
09-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Even Tomlin seemed to think Arians was at fault to some extent. I doubt the OC job is secure at this point unless something in the play calling changes. That still doesn't fix the line which was a drafting problem this past year. Neither Mendenhall nor Sweed look like great picks next to that game in Philly. I pray that I'm wrong about that come Monday night. I sincerely hope that Mendenhall is a beast during the game and runs the Ratbird D into the ground.

-Steelers70

SteelerSal
09-26-2008, 11:46 AM
NFL Channel, AFC playbook...They just broke it down, after seeing this Ben is as much to blame, he missed hot routes, hell he had 83 wide freakin open with enough time, Ben looked left instead of right. Simple shiat like that, I now believe this shiat can be fixed. May take a few week, but I feel a little better! BA still sucks ***!!

Yeah I saw that also. Looks like Ben needs to spend alittle more time in the film room. He is struggling reading defenses which is having him hold onto the ball longer than he should.
We keep saying Ben has a knack to make something out of nothing but apperently alot of the time there was something there all along aand he did not read it in time.

I love watching Sharpe and Baldinger break down plays on AFC Playbook.:yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
09-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Yeah I saw that also. Looks like Ben needs to spend alittle more time in the film room. He is struggling reading defenses which is having him hold onto the ball longer than he should.
We keep saying Ben has a knack to make something out of nothing but apperently alot of the time there was something there all along aand he did not read it in time.

I love watching Sharpe and Baldinger break down plays on AFC Playbook.:yellowthumb:

Ever notice Baldinger's pinky finger? SOB is bent in a 90* angle!!

SteelerSal
09-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Yeah he has to bang that finger all the time by accident. He needs to just chop that thing off.:grin1:

AZ_Steeler
09-26-2008, 12:00 PM
A team is bound to have a bad game every now and then... I would rather see that game during the regular season and not in the playoffs. :D

Dean Denton
09-26-2008, 12:42 PM
NFL Channel, AFC playbook...They just broke it down, after seeing this Ben is as much to blame, he missed hot routes, hell he had 83 wide freakin open with enough time, Ben looked left instead of right. Simple shiat like that, I now believe this shiat can be fixed. May take a few week, but I feel a little better! BA still sucks ***!!

Yeah I saw it too, but out of all those sacks it was 1 hot route Ben missed. When they broke down that film those two failed to mention all the hits, and hurries that Ben was dealing with too. Did you ever stop to think that maybe if the line protected Ben better he wouldn't have been Gun Shy in the first place. Sure there was a couple times Ben stepped up too far into the pocket, but Jesus man, every time he dropped back to pass there were at least 3 white jerseys in the back field. I will never put this on Ben because it clearly is the OL causing the issues here. Sure Ben could have done somethings better, but I'm sure his vision was blurred from the tears after all those hits. Give him a break please. He's one guy, that line is 5.

Ben was going through his progressions just fine, but when you only have time to check down 1 receiver it makes it tough to get the ball out. Ben has said it before, and I will back him up on this. Take the sack, dont throw the INT. If you look at the rest of the league, mostly the teams that are good you will see their QBs having time to check down to at least 2 or 3 receivers before he gets rid of the ball.

I hate to say it, but as good as Ben is, this OL could ruin him, and turn him into the league joke. He could become so afraid that all he does is hold the ball, or just start forcing it and become the INT leader.

LatrobePA
09-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah he has to bang that finger all the time by accident. He needs to just chop that thing off.:grin1:

Ever wonder how in the hell he gets a glove on the thing?

Stairwayto7
09-26-2008, 07:02 PM
somehow, him admitting this doesn't really make me feel any better. it's like my wife yelling at me for doin something stupid again and again. i keep apologizing but the outcome is never different. whoops!

Yeah lets thank him for pointing out the obvious.

Dean Denton
09-26-2008, 07:11 PM
somehow, him admitting this doesn't really make me feel any better. it's like my wife yelling at me for doin something stupid again and again. i keep apologizing but the outcome is never different. whoops!Yeah, in the real world we call that insanity...lol