PDA

View Full Version : Browns considering switch to Quinn at QB

AZ_Steeler
09-22-2008, 07:20 PM
As if this will help any!!! :lol:

Link to story... (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnTxSLpq63Ur.xcpmi0QJT05nYcB?slug=ap-brutalbrowns&prov=ap&type=lgns)

BEREA, Ohio (AP)—Brady Quinn hurried from the shower, dressed quickly and hustled out of Cleveland’s locker room so he wouldn’t be late for Monday’s team meeting.

“Sorry, guys,” he said to reporters after taking only a few questions.

Quinn was on the run, and the Browns’ popular backup quarterback could soon be moving up the depth chart.

With his team off to an unexpected 0-3 start and Pro Bowl quarterback Derek Anderson coming off another rough performance, Cleveland coach Romeo Crennel said he is assessing his team and considering personnel changes leading into Sunday’s game against the winless Cincinnati Bengals.

“The thing we have to do is evaluate what we’ve done so far and who can give us the best chance to win,” he said.

Crennel was asked if quarterback would be one of the spots where he would consider going in a different direction.

“We have to look at all of the positions,” Crennel said. “We’ll definitely try to get the other guy ready and get him ready to go and we’ll see how it progresses from there.”

yinzer
09-22-2008, 07:34 PM
i love a good qb controversy!!!!

Stairwayto7
09-22-2008, 08:16 PM
The good news is, now cleveland blew their chance to get a good trade for DA, he sucks.

Troyisabeast_43
09-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Well if the Browns are going to do so they had better do it this week. I say this because if they lose to the Bengals in Cincinnati on Sunday, and drop to 0-4 and 0-3 in the division heading into their bye week with games against the Giants,and at the Redskins and at the Jags the next 3 weeks their season is over. Because the way the Browns are playing now I dont see them winning any of those games at all.

TampaSteelGirl
09-23-2008, 02:03 PM
He's not the answer to a winning season for them..just one of the many patches they need.

ejsteeler
09-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Agreed, he'll end up being another excuse......
....on the other hand, folks were saying the sam about a certain Tom Brady a few years ago when Bledsoe bled out........and no, I'm not saying he is that good, just that you never really know....:yesnod:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
09-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Agreed, he'll end up being another excuse......
....on the other hand, folks were saying the sam about a certain Tom Brady a few years ago when Bledsoe bled out........and no, I'm not saying he is that good, just that you never really know....:yesnod:

Brady had the benefit of being in a system with excellent coaching.....Quinn on the other hand..is on the island of misfit toys.

ejsteeler
09-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Brady had the benefit of being in a system with excellent coaching.....Quinn on the other hand..is on the island of misfit toys.

:hilarious:

TampaSteelGirl
09-23-2008, 04:14 PM

This is very true!! :yellowthumb:

steelerschick1220
09-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Sorry, but the Browns have many issues and making a switch at qb isn't going to help them one bit. And with DA playing so awful they may not even get a good draft pick for him now.

Silverback 92
09-24-2008, 12:31 AM
Most people dont like change but I see this as a good thing... When Quinn cant win browns fans will get a huge taste of reality browns still suck

BR7
09-24-2008, 01:05 AM
The good news is, now cleveland blew their chance to get a good trade for DA, he sucks.

I was thinking the same thing, but I believe any possible suitors for DA saw his true colors in the Pro Bowl. lol.

Now BQ can stink it up becasue he was learning from that moron.

Brady Quinn
09-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Quinn has all of the skills to be a good qb. We have to see what he can do. I am not a fan of letting a guy like him sit too much longer.

BR7
09-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Quinn has all of the skills to be a good qb. We have to see what he can do. I am not a fan of letting a guy like him sit too much longer.

They said that about another great that came out of Notre Dame.. Rick Mirer. He turned out to be a NFL gem!

Deb
09-24-2008, 09:18 PM
I read the announcement that Anderson is starting Sunday. That franchise is such a mess right now, they outta just lay down a plan and roll with it.

Stairwayto7
09-24-2008, 09:40 PM

How many QB`s in the NFL don`t have all the skills??? The guy has no deep ball. When he falls on his face you guys will be begging us for Dennis Dixon or Leftwich

SteelfordWexler
09-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Quinn is a tough kid - but he never did well against top competition. I don't think he ever won a bowl game at ND. I don't know if that is relevant, but he always seemed to dissapear on that stage.

ejsteeler
09-25-2008, 01:03 PM
DA is the starter this weekend.....
Browns stick with QB Anderson against Bengals (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80b172dc&template=with-video&confirm=true)

Captcoolhand
09-25-2008, 01:05 PM
DA is the starter this weekend.....
Browns stick with QB Anderson against Bengals (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80b172dc&template=with-video&confirm=true)And DA will lead them to another lost too.:yesnod::lol:

Stairwayto7
09-26-2008, 06:40 PM
the browns only hope this week is that palmer may not play ( questionable)