PDA

View Full Version : We Don't Miss Faneca, We are Missing Kreider!

ToothAche
09-22-2008, 06:11 AM
The Steelers quietly let Dan Kreider, one of the best fullbacks in the league, walk this past off season, and now we are getting killed. Kreider cleaned up the slop that leaked through past the o-line. He did it silently and efficiently. This offensive line stinks, and its not because Faneca left.

DBR96A
09-22-2008, 06:23 AM
The Steelers quietly let Dan Kreider, one of the best fullbacks in the league, walk this past off season, and now we are getting killed. Kreider cleaned up the slop that leaked through past the o-line. He did it silently and efficiently. This offensive line stinks, and its not because Faneca left.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if we're ultimately missing Ken Whisenhunt?

ToothAche
09-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Hmmm.........maybe, but didnt Ben personally select Arians?

yinzer
09-22-2008, 10:12 AM
The more I think about it, the more I wonder if we're ultimately missing Ken Whisenhunt?

what i wouldn't give to have whiz back right now.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-22-2008, 10:14 AM
What I wouldn't give to have a O.C that uses the tight ends.....

BRICKTOWN BEAST
09-22-2008, 12:01 PM
yeah Krieder was the best blocking fullback I think in the NFL why he left for a faster guy that we dont even use as a weapon i will never know. If we want to run we need a fullback like Krieder not some fast guy that could get us a first down every other game

TEEMONT
09-22-2008, 12:02 PM
We miss Faneca, anyone who thinks otherwise is just kidding themselves.

Hburg
09-22-2008, 12:08 PM
We miss Faneca, anyone who thinks otherwise is just kidding themselves.

I don't miss Faneca. He was a part of the offensive line last year and the team faced similar problems. I miss the 6 guys in front of the quarterback, period. We could've overpaid Faneca, but he can only do so much, and with the state the rest of the offensive line is in, Ben would've still been running from blitzes.

BuFu

TEEMONT
09-22-2008, 12:14 PM
I don't miss Faneca. He was a part of the offensive line last year and the team faced similar problems. I miss the 6 guys in front of the quarterback, period. We could've overpaid Faneca, but he can only do so much, and with the state the rest of the offensive line is in, Ben would've still been running from blitzes.

BuFu

I'm not saying we should have paid to keep him (although we are paying Starks what Faneca wanted, if only for a year), but the line last year, when Faneca wasn't playing that hard, and the line this year are two different animals. I thought thi sline was going to be ok, but they are just a different kind of suck.

SteelerFan87
09-22-2008, 12:39 PM
I will never understand letting Kreider go so we can use Davis at FB. Davis is NOT a FB. He can't block, he's not a good enough runner, and we never even use him to catch passes. (Hell, we brought in Mewelde Moore to catch passes out of the backfield!)

WHY is Carey Davis on the team? He's not close to being as good as Kreider at being a blocking FB, which we need, and we don't even USE him for any of the other things he does better than Kreider!

jpele
09-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Q. Why did the Steelers let Dan Kreider go ?

A. Bruce Ariens

HUNT4SEVEN
09-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Faneca is one person we need an whole new O-LINE,an a real O-LINE coach , i remember when we got him the Buffalo Bills fans were calling the Jim Rome show saying they were happy that the O-line coach was gone, they knew he was an bum an he's proven it here an in cleveland, also Bruce Arians should b gone also, what an waste of an season if we have 2 miss the playoff or r one an done because of Arians an that so called O-lline coach:rant2::cursin:

Hburg
09-22-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm not saying we should have paid to keep him (although we are paying Starks what Faneca wanted, if only for a year), but the line last year, when Faneca wasn't playing that hard, and the line this year are two different animals. I thought thi sline was going to be ok, but they are just a different kind of suck.

I understand what you are saying. You're last sentence is in line with my own thoughts. I understood letting Faneca go (even as a questioned the retention of Starks and others), but what concerned me the most was that there was no legitimate effort to reinforce the O-line to balance out what had been lost (a Pro-Bowl Lineman). I'm not expecting the Steelers to go on a free agent shopping spree, I know how well that works (look at Cleveland for instance this past off-season). I would have liked to see some drafted O-lineman, or some effort for depth.

BuFu

MDSteel15
09-22-2008, 08:01 PM
We should have franchised Faneca and kept Kreider, cut Starks' fat arse along with Davis... Has davis done anything but 1 block that I've seen so far this season?