PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

Steelerlyn
10-13-2006, 07:34 AM
We won a Super Bowl last year in large part because we escaped the injury bug. This could get ugly in a hurry. Colclough gone for the year. James Harrison out with a high ankle sprain (ask Kendrell Bell how long a high ankle sprain can keep you out), now Townsend and Porter both pulled hamstrings. If Townsend is out, you have an undrafted rookie sitting at #3 on the depth chart. With Porter and James Harrison out, you'd have Arnold Harrison starting. On top of all that, Kendall Simmons has been added to the injury report with a burned heel (happened during treatment, but no further details) and, as a point of interest, Shaun Nua was cut from the practice squad.
Let's hope those hamstrings were just minorly tweaked.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Every NFL team deals with injuries during the season. I'm just glad our injuries are happening this early. So we can get everyone back and healthy for the stretch run.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-13-2006, 10:10 AM
It's time for the depth to step up and be accounted for ! We'll be ok at CB, McFadden can step up and do a good job for us. As long as nobody else goes down if Deshea has to be out we'll be ok. Deshea is listed as day to day as far as I know.

Arnold Harrison should be able to fill in nicely, he's got a great motor and a good attitude so we'll see how he goes. I hope James isn't out too long, his last one kept him out 3 games last year I think it was.

We have great depth on the OL, but at this point it looks like Kendall should play.

Steelerlyn
10-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Every NFL team deals with injuries during the season. I'm just glad our injuries are happening this early. So we can get everyone back and healthy for the stretch run.

It is good. McNair will be having his yearly injuries very soon now, when he is done, so is the team. I never have thought the Bengals were very good, lucky but not what I would call a good football team. The Browns are the Browns and we will take our division again.