PDA

View Full Version : Any Word on Roethlisberger? **UPDATE** Doctors Examine Big Ben...

DanRooney
09-22-2008, 02:27 AM
Hey just wondering if any of you have any word on his injury he sustained due to Tomlin and Arians' poor gameplaning. I also would like to know what Roethlisberger had to say about the game if there is an interview up somewhere. I surely hope he isn't shouldering the blame for once. I would really like him to call out his offensive line like Peyton Manning did with his team when we played them in the playoffs :clap:

Zachintosh66
09-22-2008, 05:05 AM
all i heard was x-rays were neg... hell be evaluated on monday

Clevelandsux
09-22-2008, 06:42 AM
quit blaming it on playcalling or arians. it's all on the o-line.

DBR96A
09-22-2008, 06:46 AM

A lot of it was play-calling. Bruce Arians needs to forget about his stupid "first 30 plays."

LatrobePA
09-22-2008, 09:41 AM
[QUOTE=Clevelandsux;231667]quit blaming it on playcalling or arians. it's all on the o-line.[/QUOT

Wake up man, when you go in at half and come out the same if not worse, it's game planning and coaches fault. Yes the oline sucked but there were ways of beating the speed rush, roll Ben out run some bootleg, keep throwing the check downs etc etc. They were looking for the deep ball which wasn't going to be there!!

Ravens will come at us the same way Monday, Jacksonville will as well, this was a small taste. Just wait until we play the Giants, Boys, Chargers etc etc.

yinzer
09-22-2008, 10:43 AM
there are many things an O.C. can do to battle against a jail break blitz: roll outs, draw plays, WR screens, screens, reverses, end arounds, flares, no huddle offense... ARIANS DID NONE OF THESE. he's the worst.

LatrobePA
09-22-2008, 10:58 AM
there are many things an O.C. can do to battle against a jail break blitz: roll outs, draw plays, WR screens, screens, reverses, end arounds, flares, no huddle offense... ARIANS DID NONE OF THESE. he's the worst.

You hit the nail on the head! We should of cut his deadbeat *** go in the offseason and hired Cam Cameron!! He would of fit this team perfect!!

Stairwayto7
09-22-2008, 11:51 AM

Exactly!

AZ_Steeler
09-22-2008, 12:26 PM
The play calling... what can be said about the play calling... For starters, I think when a team passes the ball all of 30 times in two games and then comes out trying to light up the passing stats there are going to be problems. The line hasn't had a chance to get into a rhythm and Ben hasn't been throwing like that much... I really think it's just a combination of things. Hopefully it was a wake up call too!

DanRooney
09-22-2008, 01:18 PM

Offensive line is part of the offense last I heard.

Oh and how many times did Parker try to run to the outside yesterday? Yeah, 0. Arians continued to try to force him to run into a collapsing OL. And how many times did Davis run to the outside? 1. Wait, what? They're trying to get Davis to outrun a speedy Philadelphia DE? Sweet.

Moondog
09-22-2008, 01:35 PM
The offensive line is horrendous and the offensive playcalling did not help matters either. Plain and simple.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-22-2008, 03:12 PM

When u don't adjust ur game plan that falls on the Head Coach an the O-Coordinator, Bruce should have run more screens, an should have went with four to five wide outs, they just kept doing the same thing over an over again, it reminded me off the Jackoffs game after we won the Superbowl:rant2: an the O-line has it share also

BlitzburghRockCity
09-22-2008, 08:09 PM
any update on ben yet? I haven't heard anything new so hopefully it's nothing major. :crossfingers:

yinzer
09-22-2008, 08:18 PM
any update on ben yet? I haven't heard anything new so hopefully it's nothing major. :crossfingers:

i just saw on kdka.com that they're going to check his hand out again in a day or two. the INITIAL x rays were negative but sometimes a fracture takes up to 10 days to show up on the x rays.

AZ_Steeler
09-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Link to story... (http://kdka.com/steelers/Steelers.Quarterback.Ben.2.822987.html)

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ― Doctors are expected to take another look at Ben Roethlisberger's throwing hand today after he injured it during the Steelers 15-6 loss to the Eagles.

Roethlisberger recorded his first interception of the season and was sacked eight times before leaving the game in the fourth quarter.

The Steelers struggled to get anything going offensively during the game; but Roethlisberger says it's still early in the season.

"We'll make our adjustments and move on and be prepared," Roethlisberger told reporters after the disappointing loss. "We were just a little short here and there; but we'll keep our head up and we'll move on."

Early indications are that x-rays on Roethlisberger's throwing hand were negative.

Meanwhile, some fans say the team needs to do a better job of protecting their star quarterback; but they're still optimistic about next Monday's game against the Ravens.

"We got eight days of recovery," one fan told KDKA. "Get Ben healthy -- hopefully his hand's OK, his shoulder's OK. Get him back out there. Get that offensive line blocking a little bit better. We'll take Baltimore out!"

( MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

TampaSteelGirl
09-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Good article.. I think he'll be fine. I like the positiveness of this article!!:tt02::tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Ben is a beast, as tough as they come..as long as nothing is broken Im sure he'll be playing.

LatrobePA
09-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Ben is a beast, as tough as they come..as long as nothing is broken Im sure he'll be playing.

He'll be playing with a broken heart! His o-line cheated on him! :greengrin:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2008, 06:29 PM
They better shape up or he'll be playing with more than a broken heart :evilshake:

Stlrs4Life
09-23-2008, 10:42 PM
I just want a reporter or somebody to shove that article in last weeks paper in the fcae of the OL. After what they said of protecting Ben a lot better.

Dean Denton
09-25-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm shocked Ben only hurt his hand in that game. I dont know if I would go as far as to blame Bruce for this beat down. Our O-line is about as bad as I have ever seen. I think USC has a better o-line then we do. I mean this unit really stinks, and if we thought the beating Ben took against Philly was bad...Wait until Monday. I really am shocked at this. This is a team that has always had a good o-line. Funny once Jeff Hartings retired our o-line went down the crapper. Anyone see Ben slap one of his o-line man in the head? It was on inside the NFL.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Tomlin is pretty hard core on keeping injuries to star players on the DL so regardless of his status Im sure he's keeping things quiet and has a gag order on his team to not talk to the media about it.