PDA

View Full Version : Defensive scheme question

jpele
09-21-2008, 09:36 PM
For whatever reason I didn't tape this game,so I can't go back and look.

Was it me or did we spend most of the game rushing only 4 men ?

I really don't remember too many blitzes other than the sacks.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Our Defense was not the problem 2 day, it was our poor excuse 4 an offensive Line that killed us, had Big Ben had time we would've of beat the Eagles.

jpele
09-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Our Defense was not the problem 2 day, it was our poor excuse 4 an offensive Line that killed us, had Big Ben had time we would've of beat the Eagles.

I know the D wasn't a problem,I'm just wondering about out pass rush, or lack of one. McNabb had all day to throw the ball.

Clevelandsux
09-21-2008, 11:09 PM
In the first half he did. We started bringing Timmons in there it slowed McNabb down.Timmons added some speed.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2008, 11:24 PM
The first half of the game we were not getting pressure and by halftime Mcnabb was like 11-11..then Lebeau started bringing more of the blitz and Timmons did make an impact. Foote did have 1.5 sacks today so let's not totally discount that either.

JensK
09-22-2008, 02:21 AM
The first half of the game we were not getting pressure and by halftime Mcnabb was like 11-11..then Lebeau started bringing more of the blitz and Timmons did make an impact. Foote did have 1.5 sacks today so let's not totally discount that either.

McNabb was 15 out of 15 before his WR dropped a TD pass :thinking:

I think we need to use Timmons some more, and then actually start blitzing again!!! We have the players to blitz every team to hell, and still have decent coverage against the throw.

NCSteeler
09-22-2008, 08:31 AM
you don't blitz the Eagles when Westbrook is in the game, he will eat you alive. But once again the coaches were slow to change their ways by not adjusting to Westbrook being out.

DBR96A
09-22-2008, 08:47 AM
you don't blitz the Eagles when Westbrook is in the game, he will eat you alive. But once again the coaches were slow to change their ways by not adjusting to Westbrook being out.

At least the defense bothered to adjust, unlike the offense. Bruce Arians is the Tim Lewis of offensive coordinators.

memphissteelergirl
09-22-2008, 09:44 AM
At least the defense bothered to adjust, unlike the offense.

EXACTLY!!
:plus1:

yinzer
09-22-2008, 11:00 AM
At least the defense bothered to adjust, unlike the offense. Bruce Arians is the Tim Lewis of offensive coordinators.

yep. that's why dick lebeau is dick lebeau and bruce "the douche" arians sucks.