PDA

View Full Version : The Ravens claim first place today with win over the Browns...

Troyisabeast_43
09-21-2008, 10:14 PM
For at least a week anyway the Ratbirds will occupy the top spot in the AFC North with a 2-0 record to the Steelers 2-1 record. I think it's safe to say that the Browns and Bengals who are both now 0-3 are not going to be a factor in this division race. They both play each other next week as well so one of them will get a win next week and the other one will be 0-4. If I had to pick who I would want to win that game I will go with Cincy because I still think they are a mess and they play at Dallas the next week which is another game they will definitely lose. The Browns should they lose would fall to 0-4 heading into their bye week and then come back and face the Giants on Monday night in Cleveland. Getting back to the Ravens though now all of a sudden this game with Baltimore here at Heinz Field next Monday becomes a very very key game. Should the Steelers win they go to 3-1 and drop the Ravens to 2-1 and then own the head to head tiebraker. Should the Ravens win they go to 3-0 with all 3 wins in the division and put the Steelers at 2-2 and a game in a half behind the Ravens losing the tiebraker. So needless to say it's a huge huge game next Monday night here at Heinz Field.

The way the Ravens D has looked thus far here and as bad as the Steelers oline played today the Steelers had better get their **** together for next week against this tough Ravens defense and do it fast. The bottom line is though this is a game next Monday night with the Ravens who still have a rookie QB playing in Joe Flacco who still didnt look that good today in Cleveland, with the Steelers playing here at home should be able to win and quite frankly a game the Steelers better win. You win this game and get the tiebraker over the Ravens now combined with how bad the Browns and Bengals have been playing you really have a chance now to control this AFC North division going into October and for the majority of the season.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2008, 10:16 PM
The Baltimore Ravens led by rookie Joe Flacco at QB are 2-0....I just threw up typing that...lol I'm actually nervous about this game now...lol I have no faith in this OL or Bruce Arians.....The Steelers only hope is to win a 9-6 defensive battle...lol

BlitzburghNation
09-21-2008, 10:17 PM
:whatever: They won't stay there !

Next week we will kick the rat's :moon:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2008, 10:19 PM
:whatever: They won't stay there !

Next week we will kick the rat's :moon:

The offense has scored 16 points the last two weeks combined....:lol: The Steelers won't get anybodies *** at this rate...lol I'm hoping the D can hold them to 6 points and Jeff Reed kicks three field goals to win a 9-6 thriller....:tt02:

jpele
09-21-2008, 10:26 PM
The Ravens are a tough game for the Steelers no matter their records that being said, no way do the Ravens come to Heinz field and beat us especially after an embarrassing loss like todays

steelerschick1220
09-21-2008, 10:36 PM
I have to believe that the team will be pissed after today's mess of a game and will come out firing next Monday night. We are wearing those throw back jerseys with those ugly helmets, so maybe they will give us the same type of game like we had last year.

jpele
09-21-2008, 10:38 PM
We are wearing those throw back jerseys with those ugly helmets, so maybe they will give us the same type of game like we had last year.

We can only hope. That was the perfect game.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-21-2008, 10:58 PM
:cursin:The O-LINE an Arians bum a** scares me i never like this 3 tight end bullsh** .:cursin:

Troyisabeast_43
09-22-2008, 01:18 AM
The Ravens are a tough game for the Steelers no matter their records that being said, no way do the Ravens come to Heinz field and beat us especially after an embarrassing loss like todays

I agree with you and even if you watched Flacco today against a bad Browns defense he still made a lot of mistakes and threw a few picks. How is he going to handle the Monday night stage and spotlight on the road for the first time in his career against a very good defense in the Steelers. It's a very very tough assignment for Flacco to go on the road in his first NFL road start and play a D like the Steelers. While this loss to the Eagles stings and is embarrassing it doesnt mean it's time to throw in the the towel for the Steelers. A win over the Ravens at home on Monday night football where the Steelers havent lost in 17 years at home and they take back control of this division for a good majority of the season.

yinzer
09-22-2008, 10:46 AM
:cursin:The O-LINE an Arians bum a** scares me i never like this 3 tight end bullsh** .:cursin:

lol. that's like a 1935 formation!!

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Excuse me but who have the Ravens beat ?? Sissnati and brownies, please they are not exactly the cream of the crop. This will be the ratbirds first big test. The bigger question is how the STEELERS respond to getting their asses kicked. The STEELERS will expose the ratbirds for what they are.
There is nothing wrong with 3 TE sets but ya gotta throw out of that set and make the other team respect it, all the talk has been about how good our TE are , Miller has great hands and Spaeth is a huge target, but Arians doesn't seem to get ya need to throw to these guys for them to be considered threats!

yinzer
09-22-2008, 01:38 PM
miller and spaeth should have both had 10 catches a piece and 3 td's.

TampaSteelGirl
09-22-2008, 03:34 PM
I can't for the life of me understand why they don't use them more! Reading what the Eagles players were saying pre-game they were worried about Miller being a huge target!! H-E-L-L-O!!!! Even the Eagles know great talent!! Where the hell is Arians?????? :rant2:

Troyisabeast_43
09-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Excuse me but who have the Ravens beat ?? Sissnati and brownies, please they are not exactly the cream of the crop. This will be the ratbirds first big test. The bigger question is how the STEELERS respond to getting their asses kicked. The STEELERS will expose the ratbirds for what they are.
There is nothing wrong with 3 TE sets but ya gotta throw out of that set and make the other team respect it, all the talk has been about how good our TE are , Miller has great hands and Spaeth is a huge target, but Arians doesn't seem to get ya need to throw to these guys for them to be considered threats!

I agree you cannot sit here and go nuts over one loss especially the 3rd game of the season. There are too many games left here just like you cannot go nuts over the wins over Houston and Cleveland. The good news about this loss is it happened early on in the year, it's an NFC loss so it wont count against any tiebrakers later on in the year if things get close, and the Eagles pass rush is one of the best in the league. Look the Steelers are still going to win this division by default because the Bengals and Browns are both 0-3 and complete disasters right now. Teams that start out 0-3 do not recover and looking at both the Bengals and Browns schedule you cannot expect them to the Steelers on Monday night football. So as I said let the Ravens enjoy first win many games. The Ravens while they have been winning early on and are 2-0 to start the year dont expect that to last. Keep in mind they have played Cleveland and Cincy in Baltimore and have yet to go on the road yet with Joe Flacco and play a good team like they will finally do next week with place here for the next week or so because once the Steelers beat them next Monday night here and take the division lead back and own the tiebraker they will have taken back full control of this division I believe for the remainder of the season.

goal_post
09-24-2008, 12:13 AM
Ravens will remain on top when Landry return to field from injury...