09-21-2008, 09:24 PM
1. Ben is alive... barely

2. we didn't set the records for sacks given up in a game

3. its only one loss

4. at least Jeff Reed is a good kicker

5. the loss was to an NFC team

TampaSteelGirl
09-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Thanks Lynn that is a very good positive way of looking at this game.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Ben is alive... that's a miracle in itself !

jpele
09-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Ben is alive is a miracle in itself, I hope he kicks some lineman butt this week.

BlitzburghNation
09-21-2008, 09:28 PM

:lol::lol: Thanks for the laugh TG :popcorn:

Stairwayto7
09-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Good news, but its sad news.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
09-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Another good point is that our D looks like the real deal this year..that was impressive to keep the eagles at bay and atleast keep giving the offense back the ball.Even tho we all know what the offense did.......nothing.

Dako
09-21-2008, 09:34 PM
This was painful switching between the Ravens game and the Steelers game in a house full of Ravens fans......we better kick their *** next week......

Captcoolhand
09-21-2008, 09:37 PM

2. we didn't set the records for sacks given up in a game (3 more tonight and they would have tied their record.) (12 - Dallas vs. Pittsburgh, Nov. 20, 1966)
3. its only one loss Of many to come at this rate

5. the loss was to an NFC teamThanks for trying to keep a positive note on the whole thing Lyn. :yellowthumb:

LarryNJ
09-21-2008, 09:39 PM

3. its only one loss

6. We have a gaurdian angel watching over Ben so God must be on our side.

LatrobePA
09-21-2008, 09:41 PM
I'd rather be dead then to play behind that poor *** line!! Maybe Ben wasn't so lucky!!

yinzer
09-21-2008, 10:07 PM
thanks, lyn! that actually made me feel just a teeny tiny better.

mariners100
09-21-2008, 10:14 PM
My good things.

Troy P has a pick in all three games....

Thats it...

jpele
09-21-2008, 10:19 PM
To keep Steelerlyns' ppositive thinking going:

1. Troy is back.
2. McFadden looks damn good.
3. Timmons is good enough to be on the field more.
4. Our defense is for real. After all ,the Eagles put up 37 on the Cowboys.

mariners100
09-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Why is McFadden not starting? I have liked him from day one.. get the kid in the starting D and let's see what he can do!

steelerschick1220
09-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks Lyn. That made me feel a little bit better. Hopefully we can regroup and go kick some Ravens butt!!!!! Ben isn't hurt; that alone makes me feel pretty good.

jpele
09-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Why is McFadden not starting? I have liked him from day one.. get the kid in the starting D and let's see what he can do!

Its a contract year for him, guess they don't want McFadden to look too good.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-21-2008, 10:53 PM
The only good news i wanna hear is that the O_LINE coach an that bum Arians is FIRED:rant2::cursin:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

My good things.

Troy P has a pick in all three games....

Thats it...
Yea the old Troy is back:banana: i guess that training he did back home was well worth it:clap:Troy was all over the field 2 day even making tackles backwards:lol:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
09-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks Lyn. That made me feel a little bit better. Hopefully we can regroup and go kick some Ravens butt!!!!! Ben isn't hurt; that alone makes me feel pretty good.

Hopefully he'll play..word is that he hurt is hand on that tomahawk chop fumble play.With the Shoulder and Hand and the Pulverization he took tonight he may need a week or two.:crossfingers:

jpele
09-21-2008, 11:16 PM
One other thing that has been overlooked in this game, Nate Washington caught 5 balls,thats correct caught not dropped.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
09-22-2008, 11:50 AM
We all know about the exploitation that took place yesterday on the O-line..but on a side note..we did play a very good Eagles team at there house and had a chance to still win it late in the game despite that offensive melt-down.We didn't get spanked at home by Miama like some other team did.
Maybe this is the wake-up call Tomlin needed to realize that line is in need of some serious help.We as a fan base have been bitchin all off-season about it and Kablam! what do you know..the line stinks.They better be bringing all out blitz all this week in practice and find a way to make adjustments...I have faith that we will atleast stop some of the bleeding,rebound against the RatBirds and get back on track...as far as later on when we play the 'meat' of this schedule....we can only pray..:crossfingers:

Stairwayto7
09-22-2008, 12:00 PM
problem here is that the O-line isn`t going to change, there is nobody to pick up, we need the play calling to change. because of yesterday we will see everyone blitz now. Our offense needs to get our defense off the field.

yinzer
09-22-2008, 12:16 PM
We all know about the exploitation that took place yesterday on the O-line..but on a side note..we did play a very good Eagles team at there house and had a chance to still win it late in the game despite that offensive melt-down.We didn't get spanked at home by Miama like some other team did.
Maybe this is the wake-up call Tomlin needed to realize that line is in need of some serious help.We as a fan base have been bitchin all off-season about it and Kablam! what do you know..the line stinks.They better be bringing all out blitz all this week in practice and find a way to make adjustments...I have faith that we will atleast stop some of the bleeding,rebound against the RatBirds and get back on track...as far as later on when we play the 'meat' of this schedule....we can only pray..:crossfingers:

there shouldn't have been a need for a wake up call. he should've been well aware of the shortcomings of the o line. why does it always take a major breakdown for this team to address it???!!!! :cursin:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
09-22-2008, 12:52 PM
there shouldn't have been a need for a wake up call. he should've been well aware of the shortcomings of the o line. why does it always take a major breakdown for this team to address it???!!!! :cursin:

I agree 100%..It's very frustrating to watch...Could be a long season.
All my friends have been having fun with this....I just got this text:

"WANTED!, Offensive Line to protect franchise QB.Please Call the Pittsburgh Steelers for more Details."

:banging:

SteelerFan87
09-22-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm surprised by how well the defense played considering the offense was just sack sack sack punt sack sack sack punt all day.

jpele
09-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Maybe this is the wake-up call Tomlin needed to realize that line is in need of some serious help.We as a fan base have been bitchin all off-season about it and Kablam! what do you know..the line stinks.

Every Steeler fan in the world knew the O'line was bad, if it took this game for Tomlin to realize it,I don't want him coaching my beloved Steelers.

In Tomlins defense, its only his second year and the O'Line has been bad for several years. I lay most of the blame on K Colbert.

Troyisabeast_43
09-22-2008, 02:41 PM
I agree you cannot sit here and go nuts over one loss especially the 3rd game of the season. There are too many games left here just like you cannot go nuts over the wins over Houston and Cleveland. The good news about this loss is it happened early on in the year, it's an NFC loss so it wont count against any tiebrakers later on in the year if things get close, and the Eagles pass rush is one of the best in the league. Look the Steelers are still going to win this division by default because the Bengals and Browns are both 0-3 and complete disasters right now. Teams that start out 0-3 do not recover and looking at both the Bengals and Browns schedule you cannot expect them to win many games. The Ravens while they have been winning early on and are 2-0 to start the year dont expect that to last. Keep in mind they have played Cleveland and Cincy in Baltimore and have yet to go on the road yet with Joe Flacco and play a good team like they will finally do next week with the Steelers on Monday night football. So as I said let the Ravens enjoy first place here for the next week or so because once the Steelers beat them next Monday night here and take the division lead back and own the tiebraker they will have taken back full control of this division I believe for the remainder of the season.

LatrobePA
09-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Bad news: # 98 may be missing some games (hurt groin)!!

TEEMONT
09-22-2008, 02:49 PM
**** good news....i wanna be miserable today....and the ****ing steelers should be too

ToothAche
09-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Atleast Leftwich was able to complete some passes. Makes me wonder a little about Ben's desicion making ability

ejsteeler
09-22-2008, 03:12 PM
You mean his decision to run like hell to stay alive?

LatrobePA
09-22-2008, 03:38 PM
One time when I was little I had a bully punch me in the stomach and take my lunch money, in the process I shiat my pants and had to go all day at school like that.

Me = Ben
The shiat in my underpants = Bruce Arians!!
All day at school with **** in my pants = O-line

So I guess I know how the team feels!!

memphissteelergirl
09-22-2008, 03:52 PM
You mean his decision to run like hell to stay alive?

:hilarious::hilarious:

yinzer
09-22-2008, 04:12 PM
One time when I was little I had a bully punch me in the stomach and take my lunch money, in the process I shiat my pants and had to go all day at school like that.

Me = Ben
The shiat in my underpants = Bruce Arians!!
All day at school with shiat in my pants = O-line

So I guess I know how the team feels!!

lol! THAT MAY BE THE BEST, MOST ACCURATE DESCRIPTION OF YESTERDAY'S GAME I'VE EVER HEARD!! CAN I USE YOUR POST AS MY SIG??!!! :hilarious:

Stlrs4Life
09-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Ca see your point, the defense was awesome. The OL, I am still stewingover them!

LatrobePA
09-22-2008, 04:30 PM
lol! THAT MAY BE THE BEST, MOST ACCURATE DESCRIPTION OF YESTERDAY'S GAME I'VE EVER HEARD!! CAN I USE YOUR POST AS MY SIG??!!! :hilarious:

LOL, sure, have at it, I just hope I don't have to tell the story of the bully girl that beat the hell out of me for my candybar next Tuesday!!

yinzer
09-22-2008, 04:34 PM
LOL, sure, have at it, I just hope I don't have to tell the story of the bully girl that beat the hell out of me for my candybar next Tuesday!!

LOL! thanks, latrobe!!

Hburg
09-22-2008, 08:24 PM

You can't kill a quarterback that survived being sacked by a Chrysler.

Our offense needs to get our defense off the field.

That was a major problem from the mid-point of the season on last year. The defense can only do so much, and if they have to remain on the field for the majority of the game it will wear on them...and subsequently their performance.

Atleast Leftwich was able to complete some passes. Makes me wonder a little about Ben's desicion making ability

Leftwich was fresh, and the Eagles D let up initially when he came in and made a quick pass for a big gain. That one play that burned the Eagles blitz made them hesitate for a couple plays, then they blitzed again and Leftwich was horizontal.

BuFu

Steelerlyn
09-22-2008, 08:33 PM

3. its only one loss

6. Compared to last year, our Special Teams rocks. We could use some
explosiveness on the return game, but we didn't give up any big
returns either.