PDA

View Full Version : Petition to fire Arians

Stairwayto7
09-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Arians needs fired, today. I know philly was all over us, but it was the same play calling start to finish. When Ben did have time two or three players were all in the same area.
Where were all the screens today? I hate this friggein guy. Our offense is so predictable. Does Ben have 400 yards passing for the season yet?

Let me go first:

Petition to fire Arians:

No.name.........SA Name.....Home...................Comments.......... ......
1.) Glenn a.k.a Clevestinks Lake County Ohio. Fire the stinking bum

jpele
09-21-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm right behind you.

Petition to fire Arians:

Jack...............jpele..........Pottsville,Pa... ........Ariens is and always will be a life long loser.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Where was the "no huddle" offense. Everybody knows the way to slow down a relentless pass rush is to use the no huddle. That doesn't allow them to pin their ears back and it wears them out. We've yet to see that this year.

Stairwayto7
09-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Where was the "no huddle" offense. Everybody knows the way to slow down a relentless pass rush is to use the no huddle. That doesn't allow them to pin their ears back and it wears them out. We've yet to see that this year.

Exactly!

BlitzburghNation
09-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Needed more dink & dunk passes,,,,,,,especially to miller,there LB's cannot cover him :cursin:

Quick slants,,,,,,,,Screens,,,,,,Dinking & dunking is great ways to slow down all that Blitzing :rant2:

LatrobePA
09-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Please fire his F'N ***!! He sucks, I've said it all along.

If I were Ben I'd punched him in the mouth then quit!! WHAT A JOKE!!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Fire Arians please.......I'm also starting to think the hiring of Mike Tomlin was a mistake......I hope to God that Keven Colbert isn't back next year either....He needs to be accountable for his poor drafting.....The first round picks have been good......But look at how many picks over all have sucked....Besides Woodley and McFadden who were 2nd rounders there hasn't been many non first round picks to make an impact the last few years....Which has zapped this team of talent along the OL/DL and depth overall....Spaeth and William Gay have some potential to but overall its times for Colbert to be held accountable....

Captcoolhand
09-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Needed more dink & dunk passes,,,,,,,especially to miller,there LB's cannot cover him :cursin:

Quick slants,,,,,,,,Screens,,,,,,Dinking & dunking is great ways to slow down all that Blitzing :rant2:
It reminds me of what he said earlier last season......3TE set.

Ya right, I'm still waiting to see these TE sets. Heath Miller is never being used to his full abilities. He got everything in a player to be the next great thing.

I'm Mark AKA Captcoolhand and I approve this message.......

FIRE ADAINS

Clevelandsux
09-21-2008, 09:58 PM
Is it Arians fault our offensive line cannot block. Ben didn't have a chance today. I blame our front office, coaching staff for not addressing this line the last two drafts.:cursin:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

We need to use more Heath Miller.

mariners100
09-21-2008, 10:01 PM
We need to use more Heath Miller.

I AGREE! Why is it that Heath Miller starts getting the ball when Big Ben leaves the game... Its not Arian's fault that the O line sucks... but he needs to start running screens or draws. I thought Parker was a RB that we could use in the screen game... ALA Westy... but I haven't seen a screen all year.

If you want to go "old school" and not invent anything new then use your TE... thats why you drafted him.

jpele
09-21-2008, 10:02 PM
[quote=Clevelandsux;231543]Is it Arians fault our offensive line cannot block. ------------------------------------------------------------

[AutoMerged Post Below]

quote]

No but the play calling is.

SteelerSal
09-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Maybe the o-line coach needs to be the focus of a coaching change.:2cents:

jpele
09-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Maybe the o-line coach needs to be the focus of a coaching change.:2cents:

That could be a problem, Tomlin hired them and I don't believe he has the balls to admit he made a mistake.

yinzer
09-21-2008, 10:10 PM
i don't know if you all remember me bashing arians last year or not. some of you gave me a lot of shiat about it. LISTEN, HE IS TERRIBLE. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. it's his fault ONLY that we lost the game tonight. the offensive calls were terrible and the blocking schemes broke down cuz he is an idiot.

SteelerSal
09-21-2008, 10:13 PM
i don't know if you all remember me bashing arians last year or not. some of you gave me a lot of shiat about it. LISTEN, HE IS TERRIBLE. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. it's his fault ONLY that we lost the game tonight. the offensive calls were terrible and the blocking schemes broke down cuz he is an idiot.

That's the o-line coaches job, not Arians.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Arians needs fired, today. I know philly was all over us, but it was the same play calling start to finish. When Ben did have time two or three players were all in the same area.
Where were all the screens today? I hate this friggein guy. Our offense is so predictable. Does Ben have 400 yards passing for the season yet?

Let me go first:

Petition to fire Arians:

Dude i'm with u, Fire that bum Arians an that bum O-LINE coach :cursin::rant2:

bonesetter58
09-21-2008, 10:51 PM
this offense was the way Phily wanted it to be. BORING!!! Where is the Steelers offense??? this sucks!!!

Clevelandsux
09-22-2008, 12:14 AM
I won't blame Arians, Ben the Dee for this loss. I blame it strictly on the offensive line. They stunk. Big Ben never had a chance.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-22-2008, 12:30 AM
Until this team gets some quality coaching on the OL and also finds some kind of combination that works we're going to struggle. It's been our problem child for the least 2 years in a row and now it's apparent nothing has changed yet.

You can blame the play calling for not having more short passes, not using the no huddle more if you want..you'll get no argument from me there but you also have to remember that a poor OL is going to be exposed sooner or later, that's one position you just can't hide.

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-22-2008, 12:50 AM
Did the Eagles expose a weakness? Yes. Will we rebound? Hell Yeah. Live and Learn move on. We were not going to run the table anyway. On the plus side this loss was not a division or conference loss. Sleep it off and focus on the Ratbirds.

Troyisabeast_43
09-22-2008, 01:38 AM
I definitely think after that performance today that Bruce Arians is more on the hot seat then he was let's say last year this time. The line was bad no doubt about it, but Arians playcalling was just horrible at times and gave the Steelers literally no time to do anything with the ball at all. Unacceptable performance today all the way around.

K Train
09-22-2008, 03:22 AM
after one loss you all **** your pants i dont get it, thats a toolbag move to call for everyones head after a 15-6 loss....lets be serious

Clevelandsux
09-22-2008, 06:44 AM
I can handle a loss.I never expected us to go undefeated. I can't handle watching our qb get slaughterered. This is HUGE problem and it's not gonna go away!

TEEMONT
09-22-2008, 11:42 AM
after one loss you all shiat your pants i dont get it, thats a toolbag move to call for everyones head after a 15-6 loss....lets be serious

No kidding, I remember last week, when we barely eek out a win against the clowns, that everyone was talking **** on brown fans for bailing on their team, and now we do the same thing.

****ing crazy, we are 2-1, not 0-3.

Stairwayto7
09-22-2008, 11:45 AM
after one loss you all shiat your pants i dont get it, thats a toolbag move to call for everyones head after a 15-6 loss....lets be serious

Its more about the shiatty play calling in the first three games, than it is about one loss. Whats ben have about a total of 400 yards in 3 games. And as far as the one loss is concerned, what adjustments did he make from the first half to the second half? Ben was sacked 6 times in the second quarter, isn`t the OC job to change things up? not just come out with the same old game plan. Face it our game plan sucked, and it sucked last week, the first week the texans sucked thats why it worked. We have all kinds of weapon, but we don`t use them. Arians sucks, and if you don`t agree thats fine your allowed your opinion, but you aren`t watching the same game I am.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-22-2008, 11:48 AM

No kidding, I remember last week, when we barely eek out a win against the clowns, that everyone was talking shiat on brown fans for bailing on their team, and now we do the same thing.

AGREED !!! B.A does bear some blame for lack of imagination in playcalling. It ain't the end of the season just yet. A team is never as bad as it's worst game and I believe we just got that one out of our system, and we were luckily still in the game for the most part !!

Stairwayto7
09-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Until this team gets some quality coaching on the OL and also finds some kind of combination that works we're going to struggle. It's been our problem child for the least 2 years in a row and now it's apparent nothing has changed yet.

You can blame the play calling for not having more short passes, not using the no huddle more if you want..you'll get no argument from me there but you also have to remember that a poor OL is going to be exposed sooner or later, that's one position you just can't hide.

TG, your right, but when you know things are bad, and they couldn`t have gotten worse than the second quarter, then you have to adjust at halftime. He didn`t. I was amongst 70+ Steelers fans, everyone was yelling, no huddle, quick slants, and for a hot receiver, Arians had to see the same thing we did.

LatrobePA
09-22-2008, 11:52 AM
No kidding, I remember last week, when we barely eek out a win against the clowns, that everyone was talking shiat on brown fans for bailing on their team, and now we do the same thing.

Who's bailing on the team? NO ONE!! Just bailing on the worthless play calling. You all watch, Monday night game will be a repeat of this one.

Play calling thus far has been sketchy at best, we've won the two games against weak teams!

Stairwayto7
09-22-2008, 11:57 AM

not bailing on the team, just the play calling. problem for me is the play calling will not change unless the coach does. I`ll live and die with the Steelers, but we have a lot of $$$$ invested in our QB, now two stud running backs, a couple damn good receivers, and a great under used TE, we need more out of our O. The defense will die on the field if they have to play all day like they did yesterday.

K Train
09-22-2008, 12:22 PM
omg....ben has only had 400 yards?!?!?! its not like hes been efficient as a mother****er, we slaughtered the texans, we beat the browns in terrible football weather and we were outplayed by the eagles...the eagles scheme was just the better one yesterday....you cant call a perfect ****ing game every game....we did try to change it up, it didnt work though get over it, in a week everyone will be saying how were guaranteed to win the division again

cybok0
09-22-2008, 12:27 PM

Tom AKA cybok0.........Greensburg, PA. ..........Don't let the door hit his *** on the way out.

IMO the one of the problems with the teams offense is getting rid of the fullback, and using tight ends to block.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
09-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah i gave this guy credit for the first two games cause one was a hurricane but seriousley when u go 8-8 with this offense last year and get sacked 9 times and dont change a f*cking thing then you obviousley can't coach football get this peice out of here

yinzer
09-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Nick.........yinzer..........Pittsburgh........... .hey bruce, next time you call a game, take the friggin sunglasses off. maybe you'll pick the right plays.

ToothAche
09-22-2008, 03:16 PM
I wondered why we didnt bring in Speath and go with some Twin Tight end sets. Im no coach, but if the line backers are blitzing, there should be something open underneath the safeties. With a tight end on each end, it would have kept there outside linebackers a little more honest.

Captcoolhand
09-22-2008, 04:00 PM
we did try to change it up, it didnt work though get over it, in a week everyone will be saying how were guaranteed to win the division again
who did ? you act like you was there and the coaches did nothing.

Captcoolhand
09-22-2008, 04:10 PM
k-Train I'll give you props for what you know and how you veiw things, but you cant show up here 5X a mouth and act like you know all and decide all. That bullshiat just isn't going to happen.
I forgot more than you have yet to learn and learned to forget more than you care about.

Stlrs4Life
09-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Not all his fault, we will see the same, until this OL learns how to block.

Koopa
09-22-2008, 05:29 PM
omg....ben has only had 400 yards?!?!?! its not like hes been efficient as a mother****er, we slaughtered the texans, we beat the browns in terrible football weather and we were outplayed by the eagles...the eagles scheme was just the better one yesterday....you cant call a perfect ****ing game every game....we did try to change it up, it didnt work though get over it, in a week everyone will be saying how were guaranteed to win the division again

are you related to bruce arians or something?? you defend him way to much lol....... the dude is a horrible offensive coordinator, whether we win or not..... everytime we get in the redzone we end up with 3 points to many times, that's why reed looks bad *** percentage wise cause it's impossible to miss field goals from 30 yards back

i've been calling for his head since last year, and i hope he dies cause i know tomlin doens't have the guts to fire anyone, and the rooneys don't know shiat, they still think it's the 70s

Stairwayto7
09-22-2008, 05:48 PM

I hope to be guaranteeing the division, but it won`t happen calling the same game plan. We used three TE`s against the browns shiatty blitz but not against the eagles????? Once again since you weren`t paying attention, no problems with the entire staff or team, just the play caller.

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-22-2008, 06:17 PM
I did notice Tomlin having a talk with Arians near the end,and it did not look like a come to my house for dinner consersation either.More like a stop by my office on Monday morning kind of talk. Course i can't confirm that.(lol) I did not notice any adjustments made after the half,and i surely felt they would have. In games like that there has got to be adjustments made.I did notice on our first posssession we had three tight ends in the game.I'm almost sure of that.Anyway we moved the ball some,but did not score.But Ben was not badgered near as much with that formation.Noone really wants to mention it but i think Ben needs to work on a quicker release.I saw him move up into trouble instead of away from it several times,not even rolling out like he normally would.If the play you called in a game like that was not there,throw it Away!!!!Its better than a sack.You noticed how quick Leftwich's release was,and i am not a big fan of Byron either.Almost three seconds the ball was gone.Ben really looked like a chicken with his head cut off out there.He was rattled big time.I believe we could have won that game with a little more brilliant play calling.I think our defense put the game with-in our reach,the offense must take the heat for this loss,whether it be the coaches or the players.That is my view on the game. Just my opinion. As far as bailing on my team.......yea right!!!!!!!!! Ain''t gonna happen ever!!!!!!! They have more evidence now than they ever did that something needs to be changed. Whether it is position coaches,or personel,they have to figure it out. I know they will!!!!!!!I have faith my Steel brothers and sista's!!!!!!!!!It's only one loss ya know.

K Train
09-22-2008, 09:18 PM
k-Train I'll give you props for what you know and how you veiw things, but you cant show up here 5X a mouth and act like you know all and decide all. That bullshiat just isn't going to happen.
I forgot more than you have yet to learn and learned to forget more than you care about.
**** off just cause your old dont mean ****, starting a petition on a forum to fire the offensive coordinator is about the dumbest thing ever...we got out played by the eagles in every way and it wasnt all playcalling

are you related to bruce arians or something?? you defend him way to much lol....... the dude is a horrible offensive coordinator, whether we win or not..... everytime we get in the redzone we end up with 3 points to many times, that's why reed looks bad *** percentage wise cause it's impossible to miss field goals from 30 yards back

i've been calling for his head since last year, and i hope he dies cause i know tomlin doens't have the guts to fire anyone, and the rooneys don't know shiat, they still think it's the 70s
i dont give a **** about him at all, i dont like him i dont dislike him, but i realize were not the best team in a world and were not gonna win every ****ing game....shitting your pants over a issue with the gameplan isnt gonna help us next week...you cant put up 40 points on every team cause in reality theres teams out there that are just better than us. we all knew the oline had problems, why the big ****ing shock? it was bound to show eventually, they will get better from that massacre and move on....at least were not the ****ing browns

Troyisabeast_43
09-22-2008, 09:45 PM
**** off just cause your old dont mean shiat, starting a petition on a forum to fire the offensive coordinator is about the dumbest thing ever...we got out played by the eagles in every way and it wasnt all playcalling

i dont give a **** about him at all, i dont like him i dont dislike him, but i realize were not the best team in a world and were not gonna win every ****ing game....shiatting your pants over a issue with the gameplan isnt gonna help us next week...you cant put up 40 points on every team cause in reality theres teams out there that are just better than us. we all knew the oline had problems, why the big ****ing shock? it was bound to show eventually, they will get better from that massacre and move on....at least were not the ****ing browns

I agree with you K the Steelers will bounce back and rebound and beat the Ravens here at home next Monday night. People cannot go crazy over one effing loss. There are still 13 games left in the season and the Steelers despite the bad performance yesterday they're are still in great shape in the AFC North at 2-1 and in the AFC conference overall with all the top teams struggling like the Pats,Colts,Jags,and Chargers. I wont start panicking unless they come back next week against the Ravens at home and lose which I guarantee will not happen take it to the bank.

Koopa
09-23-2008, 02:16 AM
i dont give a **** about him at all, i dont like him i dont dislike him, but i realize were not the best team in a world and were not gonna win every ****ing game....shiatting your pants over a issue with the gameplan isnt gonna help us next week...you cant put up 40 points on every team cause in reality theres teams out there that are just better than us. we all knew the oline had problems, why the big ****ing shock? it was bound to show eventually, they will get better from that massacre and move on....at least were not the ****ing browns

i had to ask cause i've never seen you say a bad thing about him........i agree ppl are overreacting...... i never saw us as a contender, and we never will be again as long as arians or tomlin are around, they are stupid, tomlin would be a badass if he wasn't such a chicken ****.....dude needed to fire everyone, even dick, even though our d is badass, he needed to make his mark on this team, and he was scared, so i don't think we'll ever be legit contenders, and the fool is afraid to put in rookies, which pisses me off, to much talent not to be dressing just cause some hoe *** has been on the team before, washington should have been cut his rookie year........... i don't get why willie gets so much love, the dude only plays great against weak *** teams, mendenhall should be getting atleast 10 carries a game, **** what happened

we'll make the playoffs, but it will be like cowhers whole career, pointless......if you ain't first you're last, and going to the playoffs just ****s are chances to get actual talent in the draft........ of course it don't matter with tomlin, they won't ever play

JensK
09-23-2008, 03:48 AM
I hope to be guaranteeing the division, but it won`t happen calling the same game plan. We used three TE`s against the browns shiatty blitz but not against the eagles????? Once again since you weren`t paying attention, no problems with the entire staff or team, just the play caller.

Acutally we used three TE's a lot against the eagles. We even used 3 TE and moore at one point, and ben got slaughtered anyways.

SteelerSal
09-23-2008, 07:54 AM
Not all his fault, we will see the same, until this OL learns how to block.

:plus1: Hire a new o-line coach and you will see an improvement with the lie and the offense.
Put any OC on our sidelines (past or present) and he would not of made a difference in the outcome of the game.
The strength of the offense starts with the guys up front and they are taught technigue and blocking strategy from the o-line coach, not Arians, period.
Arians can call any formation that gives Ben max protection and if the lineman don't have a clue on who to pick up, play wont work.

Stairwayto7
09-23-2008, 11:47 AM
**** off just cause your old dont mean shiat, starting a petition on a forum to fire the offensive coordinator is about the dumbest thing ever...we got out played by the eagles in every way and it wasnt all playcalling

Its a friggin forum, not a real petition anyway, so don`t make it something its not. Oh and i almost forgot, nobody else is entitled an opinion here? just you?

K Train
09-23-2008, 04:21 PM
:plus1: Hire a new o-line coach and you will see an improvement with the lie and the offense.
Put any OC on our sidelines (past or present) and he would not of made a difference in the outcome of the game.
The strength of the offense starts with the guys up front and they are taught technigue and blocking strategy from the o-line coach, not Arians, period.
Arians can call any formation that gives Ben max protection and if the lineman don't have a clue on who to pick up, play wont work.

hiring a new oline coach doesnt help a sheer lack of talent

BlackGold4vr
09-23-2008, 04:31 PM

:plus1:

Hire all the coaches you want. A chef cannot make you a filet mignon out of a can of spam.

Steelers70
09-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Even though the line sucks and needs overhauled; I still see a need for a better OC. Fire Arians and get someone in that will do the job right, if you can find someone. Otherwise we're stuck with him for now. Never once did Arians call plays that would combat the pressure being thrown at Big Ben. When a team throws 8 or 9 men into the blitz then you short pass to punish them. This was almost never done. It was like Arians thought he could get a deep pass off. But 5 men can't hold 8. The Receivers and Tight Ends and Backs should have been used where needed to pick up blocks while a short pass to one guy for 5+ yards could have driven us all the way down the field and forced the Eagles to respect the line.

-Steelers70

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-23-2008, 11:23 PM
[QUOTE=BlackGold4vr;232133]:plus1:

Hire all the coaches you want. A chef cannot make you a filet mignon out of a can of spam.[/QUOT
But he could give it a special flavor. I think variations are in order.

SteelerSal
09-24-2008, 07:53 AM

Never said that a new oline coach will turn the players into probowlers but they will atleast get a freakin clue on what their blocking schemes are instead of looking like the plastic players did in our old electric football game.:lol:

Stairwayto7
09-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Never said that a new oline coach will turn the players into probowlers but they will atleast get a freakin clue on what their blocking schemes are instead of looking like the plastic players did in our old electric football game.:lol:

Exactly! I started this thread to get everyones opinion, its not a legitimate petition, no matter what the majority consensus is. The title has to controversial so that attracts peoples attention, it worked.

Fact is Arians has shown no good traits thus far, he has what he has, and he has to make it work, when it doesn`t work, its his job to adjust on the fly, like NOW. He did no adjustments.

big d
09-24-2008, 12:41 PM
I gotta agree with the arians firing. I was never thrilled about this hire. I mean geez look what he did in cleveland when he was the offensive coordinator. My mind was made up about arians after the browns game

Stairwayto7
09-24-2008, 05:14 PM
I gotta agree with the arians firing. I was never thrilled about this hire. I mean geez look what he did in cleveland when he was the offensive coordinator. My mind was made up about arians after the browns game

BIG D, weren`t you over at Steelers Fever?? I thought I remember when you and some other were going down to a cleveland radio station parking lot.

BLEIER20
09-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Firing Arians is not the way to go! He can coach them and direct them but hell, the man can't friggin play for them! It's up to the players to step it up! Maybe they should have looked at some of the players before signing them!?

SteelerSteve
09-24-2008, 08:59 PM
All he's saying is that freaking out over one loss is a bit overboard. Hell I think that a change up in playcalling now and then would be great, but in all honesty when your getting beat, your getting beat and cant do anything anyway. Our offense got dominated and had a bad game, I was pissed no doubt, but we'll bounce back. You just make an *** out of yourself by trying to compare your so called "football" knowledge when all your doing when you say **** like "I forgot more than you have yet to learn and learned to forget more than you care about" just makes you sound like the community douchebag.

Stairwayto7
09-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Firing Arians is not the way to go! He can coach them and direct them but hell, the man can't friggin play for them! It's up to the players to step it up! Maybe they should have looked at some of the players before signing them!?

You point out the obvious, we know he cant play. Once again, its his job to adjust during the game, nothing changed.

BLEIER20
09-25-2008, 10:32 AM
No kidding! I have only said it that way because everyone, most everyone, thinks that firing the guy will do good! I don't think so! Like I have said in other posts, we lost one game and here comes ALL the NEGATIVE crap that they think the Steelers should do or don't do!! Everyone is entitled to a bad game here or there, I mean look at the Pats, they have 16 great games plus the playoffs! One Bad Game cost them a ring! The bad game doesn't mean anything it's only the timing of that "BAD GAME"!

SteelfordWexler
09-25-2008, 11:06 AM
We've been hearing criticism of Arians pretty consistently since the team trailed off last year. I think a lot of it has been pretty valid. On the positive side though - he has developed a great rapport with Ben and they did put up great numbers last year. Solid ground game, records in passing TDs and QB rating. Our issues at the end of the year last year were with the D holding on to leads - not so much the offense. Being the franchise QB - Ben's opionion / comfort will have a lot of influence on any action the team takes with the staff.

Stairwayto7
09-30-2008, 11:44 AM
It wasn`t until the 4th Q that Ben and Tolin took the game over, that our O really moved and came alive. Arians plays still suck.

angrychair
09-30-2008, 10:32 PM
No more Chinese Fire Drill motion sets ... no more spread offense empty backfield on 3-and-1 ... fire Arians!

Bring back the Steelers' trap and the screen pass (what the hell happened to this play??).

DocHolliday1989
10-01-2008, 01:33 PM
I kind of feel the same way about Arians as I did about Mike Mularkey. I just think that our team needs to be a more smashmouth football team again. I am the kind of person that likes that smash football when the opposition knows your gonna run the ball and they still cant stop ya. And then when you do get the ball back.. our defense is gonna eat your a$$ alive and send ya back to wher you belong... The Bench!!
:nono:

OC Steel Curtain
10-01-2008, 01:47 PM
it took use yeeeears before we won a super bowl with cowpow... juss give tomlin a chance, its only been a season and 4 games

lloydfan4life
10-01-2008, 05:26 PM
I kind of feel the same way about Arians as I did about Mike Mularkey. I just think that our team needs to be a more smashmouth football team again. I am the kind of person that likes that smash football when the opposition knows your gonna run the ball and they still cant stop ya. And then when you do get the ball back.. our defense is gonna eat your a$$ alive and send ya back to wher you belong... The Bench!!
:nono:

I love smashmouth football too, but you gotta remember, Willie is no Jerome. :nono:

Just for the record, I'm on the side that wants to see BA given a pink slip! Along with Zierlein! IMO they both need to go. Not saying that they necessarily should be shown the door right now so that a new OC has to come in and try to fix things mid-season, but hopefully some coaching changes will be made this coming off-season. :2cents:

I have a feeling that the Jacksonville game this week is just going to confirm this for me. They've always played us tough in Jacksonville and with the way our offense is struggling I don't see that changing much this week. Of course I hope I'm dead wrong!! :cope:

Stairwayto7
10-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Ben has to be able to call more plays. If not put arians back there and let him get killed

PsychoWard
10-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Fire his ***!!!!!!!!!!!!:moon:

BlitzburghNation
10-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Fire his ***!!!!!!!!!!!!:moon:

:ditto:
Druther see Ben calling the plays !

Stairwayto7
10-02-2008, 06:12 AM
it took use yeeeears before we won a super bowl with cowpow... juss give tomlin a chance, its only been a season and 4 games

I have no gripes with Tomlin, arians is the joke here.

lloydfan4life
10-02-2008, 08:42 AM
I have no gripes with Tomlin, arians is the joke here.

I agree! :yellowthumb:

SteelCityPride08
10-02-2008, 09:07 AM
he needs to go, we have so many weapons and if the offense was handled right we would be ****ing nasty

ToothAche
10-02-2008, 09:29 AM
I think Arians and Tomlin are trying to win these games without giving up too much of our playbook. I am sure we will see some new formations and new plays as the season progresses. We have alot of tough opponents coming up after the break.
The problem I see, is that the receivers are not recognizing the blitz and making the proper route adjustments.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2008, 11:52 PM
If the offense was handled right we wouldn't have the offensive line that we've had for the last 3 years. Our 5 guys up front are a total joke and none of them is worth the money they are being paid right now. Hartwig is still finding his way in this offense, Kemo is too. Marvel is our best lineman right now and Colon is out of place. It is what it is and we are getting what we deserve for ignoring the offensive line in the draft for the last several years.

It's not Arians that is the total problem here; it's everyone including Ben, the WR's, and the RB's. Until everyone is healthy and on the same page and doing their job our offense will continue to be spotty.

Stairwayto7
10-26-2008, 09:38 PM
I still want him fired. Although Ben needs to get rid of the ball

Black@Gold Forever32
10-26-2008, 09:48 PM
I still want him fired. Although Ben needs to get rid of the ball

Agree 100 percent.....I believe the Steelers can do much better then Bruce Arians......Problem is Ben likes Arians...lol

Stairwayto7
11-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Arains has to go! 1st an d goal from the 2. three staright runs up the middle, STUFFED!

My biggest issue with te play calling is that on third down, why would`nt you at least line up like a pass??????????? Why let them know that your running???????????????

tenToesUp
11-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Bruce's prevent offense cost us another one today. What the heck is Ben's problem too?

MOTORKRAFT
11-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Ben played bad today. Arians has been terrible for 2 years. Tomlin allows all this to happen.

DIESELMAN
11-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Where do I sign? My reasons are listed below:

1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run

Plus, Arians is an Assclown, he's predictable, he doesn't keep the D on their toes or even close to backpedaling and reeling. He's a ****ing moron that needs to be run out of town!!!!!

Stairwayto7
11-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Where do I sign? My reasons are listed below:

1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run
1st down=run

Plus, Arians is an Assclown, he's predictable, he doesn't keep the D on their toes or even close to backpedaling and reeling. He's a ****ing moron that needs to be run out of town!!!!!

Well said

Stairwayto7
11-17-2008, 06:24 PM
Still want Arians gone! Our goal line play calling for the second week in a row, is horrible. My brother, Physchoward, kept yelling, during timeouts, for Ben to stay away from bruce. And we kept wanting his headset to be yanked off his head.

lloydfan4life
11-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Where do I sign?
Bruce needs to go!

$teelersRule
11-18-2008, 12:43 AM
you got my vote!

snowman79
11-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Name ... Jim SA Name.....Snowman79 Home......Rosewell, Scotland

Comment....... Get rid of this a**hole before he costs us a play off place.

(If the O line sucks how come Ben still threw for over 300 yards on Sunday ????????

Stairwayto7
11-22-2008, 09:24 AM

(If the O line sucks how come Ben still threw for over 300 yards on Sunday ????????

No come on, a vote from Scotland should count as two!

BLEIER20
11-22-2008, 01:58 PM
RUN, RUN, PASS PUNT!

Cowher football!

Stairwayto7
12-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Sorry people! I still want him gone! I would have went no huddle way earlier, especially against this blitz. And I would have had a receiver in on 4th and Goal, to stretch the defense! And I wanted more screens today, did we have any?

Stairwayto7
12-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Went back in the archives for this, but the petition still stands for me.

Would you sign this petition to rid our coaching staff of Bruce Arians?

All in favor sign here! feel free to copy and paste!

--- Added 12/11/2009 at 10:44 AM ---

All in favor sign here! feel free to copy and paste!
1. Stairwayto7 aka Clevestinks Yeah

LatrobePA
12-11-2009, 12:58 PM
I'd trade my left testicle for his walking papers!!

coldrolled
12-11-2009, 12:59 PM

Play Calling.... Fire Him.... Rookie Development and Player Confidence /Team Building... Fire Him Again!!!

Before he leaves a LOSING void in the team that will take us 2 years to get out of.

The day i read he was working late hours to change wisenhut's play book, i knew we were in trouble...

Stairwayto7
12-11-2009, 01:03 PM
If we all sign the petition, I`ll mail it to Tomlin, I know he`ll be like what the @#$%^&*(, but so, maybe he will sign it too!

NYCsteelersfan
12-11-2009, 01:05 PM
There's a far more serious issue if a petition is actually required to have him fired.

LatrobePA
12-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Tomlin has egg on his face, this will at least buy him a few more week B4 there is a bounty out for him in the SteelCity!