PDA

View Full Version : How "real" is the Steelers defense?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Now keep in mind that McNabb was not 100% courtesy of Foote and Timmons during this game along with Smith and a few others.

Westbrook was knocked out with that freak ankle injury.

Deshaun Jackson was in and out of the lineup.

Shawn Andrews was out.

Having said that, is this defense for real?

McFadden and Polamalu are, they were all over the field and each made big plays so it's hard to fault them.

Timmons is really coming into his own, he was making some big hits today and really getting after McNabb.

Stairwayto7
09-21-2008, 09:11 PM
I was happy about the way they played. We had offensive oppurtunities so many times because of our defense, but our offense sucked.

BlitzburghNation
09-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Think our "D" is very real and Polamalu is back,third week with an int. and what an amazing int http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/wow.gif
Just hope our o-line starts protecting Ben,,,,,,,,:cursin: :rant2::cursin:

Silverback 92
09-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Our D was on the field WAY to much today all and all they looked pretty good though

Stlrs4Life
09-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Our D was pretty good minus 2 plays, they gave up 2 3rd and long plays. Outside of that, they played a heck of a game. And like said, they were on the field way too long.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Those 2 3rd and long plays the eagles converted were disgusting..how in God's name do you give THAT much cushion on a play like that beyond the 1st down marker.

yinzer
09-21-2008, 09:19 PM
our D is for real. always has been. BUT.... larry slow-a-foote is horrendous and so is farrior. their names were never called and they're a waste. if larry timmons doesn't start from now on, i might shiat a friggin brick. he's an animal.

jpele
09-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Now keep in mind that McNabb was not 100% courtesy of Foote and Timmons during this game along with Smith and a few others. Health aside,McNabb alwasy runs hot and cold,today he was hot

Westbrook was knocked out with that freak ankle injury. He has never had a good game against the Steelers

Deshaun Jackson was in and out of the lineup. He's still an unknown

Shawn Andrews was out. I doubt that made a difference

Having said that, is this defense for real? Yes it is

McFadden and Polamalu are, they were all over the field and each made big plays so it's hard to fault them. :tt02:

Timmons is really coming into his own, he was making some big hits today and really getting after McNabb. I thought he should have played a lot more than he did.

Stairwayto7
09-21-2008, 09:27 PM
OUR Offense was our biggest defensive problem today. All we needed all day was one good drive, we got ZERO good drives. Our defense was on the field all day. These guys deserve more props. Imagine if our offense could have got moving, maybe ran some time off the clock, gave our defense a rest. Maybe once take advantage of our field position! Troy had an interception neat the 50, they next drive the punted to the 50, and we got ZERO points. Our offesne was our worst enemy today.

yinzer
09-21-2008, 09:29 PM
OUR Offense was our biggest defensive problem today. All we needed all day was one good drive, we got ZERO good drives. Our defense was on the field all day. These guys deserve more props. Imagine if our offense could have got moving, maybe ran some time off the clock, gave our defense a rest. Maybe once take advantage of our field position! Troy had an interception neat the 50, they next drive the punted to the 50, and we got ZERO points. Our offesne was our worst enemy today.

you mean our OFFENSIVE LINE was our worst enemy :evilshake:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Now keep in mind that McNabb was not 100% courtesy of Foote and Timmons during this game along with Smith and a few others. Health aside,McNabb alwasy runs hot and cold,today he was hot

Westbrook was knocked out with that freak ankle injury. He has never had a good game against the Steelers

Deshaun Jackson was in and out of the lineup. He's still an unknown

Shawn Andrews was out. I doubt that made a difference

Having said that, is this defense for real? Yes it is

McFadden and Polamalu are, they were all over the field and each made big plays so it's hard to fault them. :tt02:

Timmons is really coming into his own, he was making some big hits today and really getting after McNabb. I thought he should have played a lot more than he did.

Brian Westbrook has faced the Steelers two times in his career....:lol:Plus he was banged up going into the game back in 2004 when the Steelers beat the Eagles 27-3 at Heinz Field.....Westbrook ran the ball a big 6 times and only caught three passes in that game.....Seems to be its been his health more then the Steelers D holding him in check.....But today he wouldn't have ran the ball against this defense...Nobody does for the most part....But he was missed in the Eagles passing game...If you don't think so then you better not watch the NFL anymore....:lol:

The Eagles missed Shaun Andrews as well....He is only the Eagles best OL.......I don't think I have to tell you how important the OL is to a football team.....

But I'm not taking anything way from this defense....The offense did nothing to help them out and the defense kept the Steelers in the game...Plus made a few big plays and prevented big plays for the most part....The Steelers defense gets an A- for today....Offense gets a fat F...........

HUNT4SEVEN
09-21-2008, 10:44 PM
The Defense is 4 real, they just have 2 get off the field on 3rd an long, hey also out Special Teams are much better this year than last, we need an real O-Line coach an a real Offensive Coordinator:cursin:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
09-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Woodley and Timmons are starting to take over this Defense and it's refreshing to see some speed back on the field...I think we better start thinkin of a way to sign Mcfadden..kids a gamer and is making plays.This D is for real and will be the only reason we finish over .500 this year

SteelerSteve
09-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Defense is fine, no need to even talk about the defense. We held them when we had to and gave the offense plenty of chances to score, but the o-line let us down miserably today and I hope that the whole offensive line dies on the ride home tonight because this unit is in dire need of a makeover.

Clevelandsux
09-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Our defense didn't start out good, but they made adjustments. Putting Timmons in there helped. You could see he was so much quicker. Our dee was the only thing that kept us in this game. It could have really really ugly otherwise.

K Train
09-22-2008, 03:24 AM
mcfadden needs a new deal plaina nd simple

cybok0
09-22-2008, 06:36 AM
The D was fine, the O-Line was terrible.

AZ_Steeler
09-22-2008, 12:29 PM
The defense is awesome this year... McFadden had a great game, Troy got anther spectacular interception and Timmons showed some awesome moves while getting to McNabb.... This Steelers D is going to carry the team this year!

SteelerFan87
09-22-2008, 01:49 PM
I really want to see McFadden get some more playing time even when Deshea is back.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-22-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm not totally convinced this defense is going to be outstanding this year yet. They kept the Texans and Browns in check but so has everybody else. The first quarter when McNabb was still not beat up yet and Westbrook was in they marched right down the field and had it not been for the INT they probably would have scored. I can't say that for certain and it usually does take a couple series for our guys to settle in and start playing stoudt defense. McNabb goes out and Westbrook goes out and suddenly the D is playing better. It's a catch 22 but I want to see them do it again against quality teams before I can really say they are going to be kick *** for sure.

So far so good and I certainly can't complain.

MDSteel15
09-22-2008, 08:42 PM
our D is for real. always has been. BUT.... larry slow-a-foote is horrendous and so is farrior. their names were never called and they're a waste. if larry timmons doesn't start from now on, i might shiat a friggin brick. he's an animal.

You must be blind or just always whining! Foote made the first sack of McScabb and did fine. Watch the entire game next Monday.... Farrior led the team with 7 tackles and Foote actually had 3 tackles 1 asst and 1.5 sacks to lead the team. Woodley, who I love, had 2.5 tackles and 1 sack. Timmons(still waiting) only had 2 tackles!

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/boxscore?game_id=29573&displayPage=tab_box_score&season=2008&week=REG3