PDA

View Full Version : Now what's your assessment of this team?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Westbrook goes out..Deshaun Jackson is banged up..McNabb playing hurt..and the defense kept us in the game, barely. Had those players been healthy this could have been blow out. It really wasn't even close IMO. Offense couldn't do anything literally....couldn't run, pass, or make a first down with out the help of a penalty. This was a total domination of our Steelers and pretty much every way possible.

DanRooney
09-21-2008, 08:22 PM
My assessment is our defense is top tier. Our offensive line is the worst in the league. Tomlin and Arians don't know what the **** they're doing

:plus1:

MOTORKRAFT
09-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Out coached (again).

Stlrs4Life
09-21-2008, 08:28 PM
My assessment is that our OL just plain sucks, and obviously, the Stains DL, and Texans DL were definatley both over rated.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2008, 08:29 PM
My assessment is our defense is top tier. Our offensive line is the worst in the league. Tomlin and Arians don't know what the **** they're doing

Defense is very good....Agree

OL is dreadful and worse then I thought which I didn't think that highly of them to begin with....

Arians needs to go and I starting to have serious doubts about Mike Tomlin.....I think its time for Colbert to go as well....

Next week Lawrence Timmons needs to start...He was one of the few bright spots today.....

But look at this current draft class.....There is nobody helping this team from this draft class.......The only one that dresses for game days is Mendenhall and he is even being used that much.....picks 2-4 don't even dress....I mention this since you do see rookies from other teams helping their teams....Makes me question Keven Colbert and Mike Tomlin....

DanRooney
09-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Out coached (again).

LarryNJ
09-21-2008, 08:31 PM
We are in good shape with the defense. Even Westbrook was out, the fact remains that they still held the Eagles to 1 touchdown and that's impressive. Our O-Line totally sucked today, I doubt that they are as bad as they played today but they aren't as good as we hoped after 2 weeks. Arians sucked but that's nothing new. We play in a very weak division and I still think we are better than any of them and will make the playoffs. Lets just hope we are a better team by than.

DanRooney
09-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Defense is very good....Agree

OL is dreadful and worse then I thought which I didn't think that highly of them to begin with....

Arians needs to go and I starting to have serious doubts about Mike Tomlin.....I think its time for Colbert to go as well....

Next week Lawrence Timmons needs to start...He was one of the few bright spots today.....

But look at this current draft class.....There is nobody helping this team from this draft class.......The only one that dresses for game days is Mendenhall and he is even being used that much.....picks 2-4 don't even dress....I mention this since you do see rookies from other teams helping their teams....Makes me question Keven Colbert and Mike Tomlin....

:plus1::plus1::plus1:

Ambridge
09-21-2008, 08:40 PM
My Assessment???

The Steelers are picking up right where they left off last season.
A Sorry and Pitiful/Putrid Excuse for an Offensive Line and STUPID play calling/decision making by the coaching staff.....particulary Mike Tomlin.:evilshake:

The only difference this season being is that the Steelers only got to take advantage of two lower tier teams before being exposed for the bunch of Over-rated Bums they are.:evilshake:

The offensive line, Ben Roethlisberger and Mike Tomlin should go and kiss the feet of Dick Lebeau and the defense for keeping it as close as it was.:evilshake:

bigbentohines
09-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Our O-line sucks and I am scared that Big Ben is going to have a serious injury sooner than later. I can't understand why we did not address this in the off season. Arians is a bum! On the bright side our defense looked really good and at least kept us in the game up until the end.

yinzer
09-21-2008, 09:04 PM
terrible... just terrible. bruce arians is terrible. and, what about tomlin on the sidelines laughing at the slaughter that ben went through????!!!!!

Koopa
09-21-2008, 09:09 PM
didn't watch the game, but we obviously suck ***, and shouldn't even go to the playoffs, we need help and it starts with a whole new coaching staff........ tomlin was obviously the wrong person, it just sucks he was the best choice out of all garbage

and again, willie plays a legit teams, and fails once again

jpele
09-21-2008, 09:15 PM

Well put, must say that sadly I agree,I've always been against Ariens the only thing I got against Tomlin is that he hired Ariens.

People can Westbrook was out of the game ,but Pittsburgh always handled him,I don't believe Westbrook ever had a great game against us.

Stairwayto7
09-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Ben will not make it through the entire season, hell why would he want to.

Defense was very good, don`t think the other players would have matter too much. Maybe westbrook, but we were all over mcnabb.

We are a good team, no more than good. This game hurt us more in the fact that eveyone will now blitz the hell out of us.

Clevelandsux
09-21-2008, 10:05 PM
We are a good team with alot of talent, but we have no offensive line.

TampaSteelGirl
09-21-2008, 10:08 PM
My Assessment???

The Steelers are picking up right where they left off last season.
A Sorry and Pitiful/Putrid Excuse for an Offensive Line and STUPID play calling/decision making by the coaching staff.....particulary Mike Tomlin.:evilshake:

The only difference this season being is that the Steelers only got to take advantage of two lower tier teams before being exposed for the bunch of Over-rated Bums they are.:evilshake:

The offensive line, Ben Roethlisberger and Mike Tomlin should go and kiss the feet of Dick Lebeau and the defense for keeping it as close as it was.:evilshake:
t!
Wow! I really have to agree with every word of this post!

Clevelandsux
09-21-2008, 10:14 PM
I can't blame big ben at all. He carried this team on his back last year. The kid is taking a major beating and will not call out his line.

steelerschick1220
09-21-2008, 10:20 PM
I din't get to see but a littl ebit of the game, but our oline was horrid. It blowed big time. If Ben doesn't get himself killed or seriously hurt before the end of the year, it will be a miracle. Sounds like our D was pretty good and that was about the only bright spot. I was hoping we had taken the next step form being a good team to being elite, but I don't think that has happened.

Iron City South
09-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Top tier - defense ....

Bottom tier - offensive line ....

Bottom feeder - Off. Coordinator who lacks strategic planning, creativity in play selection, and game-time adjustements.

I called it before the season even began when I said Arians will cost us no less than 3 games this year based on what I saw of him last year.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Our o-line sucks, i think Arians should b fired 2 night, Special Teams did there job, an our d-fense did there job except 4 the 2 3rd an long conversions, but Arians an our O-Line coach should b FIRED yesterday:rant2::cursin:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
09-21-2008, 10:45 PM
It's gonna be a long Oct/Nov with that Line playing like they did tonight...There is no quick-fix at this point so were all just gonna have to hope they somehow start blocking...good grief that was a tough game to watch.

NOVA STEELERS
09-21-2008, 11:53 PM
I think our D is still top's in the league, the o-line is horrible and with the way the remaining schedule looks, they have to get Mendenhall in there more to give some hits back at the D to soften them up and they need to get the TE and some screens going to help with the heat on Ben :2cents:

AZ_Steeler
09-22-2008, 12:35 PM
My assessment is that our OL just plain sucks, and obviously, the Stains DL, and Texans DL were definatley both over rated.

What he said!!! If the no-line can't control the line of scrimmage then they'll have to rely on the defense scoring touchdowns!

ToothAche
09-22-2008, 03:20 PM
What he said!!! If the no-line can't control the line of scrimmage then they'll have to rely on the defense scoring touchdowns!

Would we have to change our name to the Bears then?