PDA

View Full Version : Steelers have been EXPOSED

DanRooney
09-21-2008, 07:14 PM
What a terrible performance by the Steelers OL. All any team has to do is all out blitz and our game is over. Our receivers can't get open fast enough for Ben to get the ball out. Absolutely the worst offensive Steelers game I've seen ever. A straight out F for playcalling. Tomlin/Arians can't adjust to the Eagles defense. Absolutely pathetic.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
If Ben has a broken list I am boycotting Tomlin

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2008, 07:15 PM
That is why I didn't get to excited with the Steelers 2-0 start.....The false hope started last week by some as visions of the Super Bowl and division titles started.....The season is far from over....But the Steelers have a ton of work to do before I can even considered them a play-off team at this point.....Good thing the AFC North sucks....But at this point the Ravens could give us a game...

SteelD43
09-21-2008, 07:27 PM
No adjustments at all, that was pathetic....granted that won't happen EVERY week cause not every team can bring the blitz like the Eagles did today..but dang if you know your weakspot is the O-line, shouldn't you have plays worked in your scheme to offset that? Tough to watch.

Stlrs4Life
09-21-2008, 07:30 PM
As of now, those 9-7 8-8 predictions look pretty good. I'm a little worried about Bens psychy now. I believe Baltimores defense is better than Phillys. Sure hope I'm wrong.

DanRooney
09-21-2008, 07:30 PM
granted that won't happen EVERY week cause not every team can bring the blitz like the Eagles did today

Eagles just gave every team a blueprint of how to stop our offense.

Stlrs4Life
09-21-2008, 07:31 PM
No adjustments at all, that was pathetic....granted that won't happen EVERY week cause not every team can bring the blitz like the Eagles did today..but dang if you know your weakspot is the O-line, shouldn't you have plays worked in your scheme to offset that? Tough to watch.

Why not? There DL is small, but fast. Baltimores DL is no weaker.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2008, 07:31 PM

Actually the blue print started last year.....:lol: the OL sucked last year as well....

Forged in Steel
09-21-2008, 07:33 PM
The Steelers OL sucks big time!

DanRooney
09-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Actually the blue print started last year.....:lol: the OL sucked last year as well....

Yeah but no team blitzed every down like the Eagles did today. Our receivers deserve an F as well. They need to learn how get open quick. We need a Wes Welker up the middle of the field.

Stlrs4Life
09-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Yeah but no team blitzed every down like the Eagles did today. Our receivers deserve an F as well. They need to learn how get open quick. We need a Wes Welker up the middle of the field.

They still didn't have time, Ben even tried a 3 step drop and still had to run for his life.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2008, 07:35 PM

For the life of me I don't know why Miller isn't used more....I know he was used as a blocker at times...But you can throw the ball out of two TE sets....Use Spaeth as an extra blocker and use Miller more as a weapon then an extra blocker....

Captcoolhand
09-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Now that the Steelers have fallen to 2nd place in the AFC North, Ray Lewis is going to bring it! He's going to be all up in Ben's grill.:evilshake:

They are probably selling the tape already of today game, How to beat the Steelers: Pass Rush

Silverback 92
09-21-2008, 07:47 PM
every team we face will try to bring it like philly, oline has got to decide to let our QB get play or let our QB take a beatin, it all starts at the oline

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Well of course that's the case, every team is going to watch the game plan philly used and duplicate it. Not every team has the players or coaches to pull it off though. Either way until we stop it that's all we're going to see.

yinzer
09-21-2008, 08:01 PM
i have to give props to the defense. they held philly to one td. baltimore is licking their chops right now finding out how to stop us. ben was sacked 7 times tonight. unacceptable.

Captcoolhand
09-21-2008, 08:15 PM
i have to give props to the defense. they held philly to one td. baltimore is licking their chops right now finding out how to stop us. ben was sacked 7 times tonight. unacceptable.try 8, 9 total:cursin:

Stairwayto7
09-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Everyone will blitz us to death.

TampaSteelGirl
09-21-2008, 08:23 PM
I can't understand how...how...how you can have a million dollar franchise QB and no protection. I felt so bad for Ben, he couldn't even take a step to throw! We were definately exposed! I was very nervous about this game, i'm very happy the defense kept them to only one TD, but can't you imagine what the score would have been had Ben been able to actually throw the ball vs get pounded. We could have won that game had it not been for that shiatty O-line! I"m pissed and I hope Ben told them so...HOw do you pay a QB one million dollars and not get him the best protection!!! Ludicrious!!!! This has to be one of the worst games I've ever seen!!!! I'm very disppointed! If this Oline doesn't get better i'm afraid to look at the future of this ball team!

yinzer
09-21-2008, 08:34 PM
I can't understand how...how...how you can have a million dollar franchise QB and no protection. I felt so bad for Ben, he couldn't even take a step to throw! We were definately exposed! I was very nervous about this game, i'm very happy the defense kept them to only one TD, but can't you imagine what the score would have been had Ben been able to actually throw the ball vs get pounded. We could have won that game had it not been for that shiatty O-line! I"m pissed and I hope Ben told them so...HOw do you pay a QB one million dollars and not get him the best protection!!! Ludicrious!!!! This has to be one of the worst games I've ever seen!!!! I'm very disppointed! If this Oline doesn't get better i'm afraid to look at the future of this ball team!

i watched the game at my parent's house today and i was saying the same thing. if i were ben, i would have been livid in the locker room at halftime. LIVID!!! the o line should be completely ashamed of themselves. after all that talk about how they were going to protect ben this week....

DBR96A
09-21-2008, 08:37 PM
77 + 68 + 62 + 73 + 74 = 0.

Note to Bruce Arians: Take your precious "30 scripted plays" and shove 'em up your ***! You're the offensive coordinator equivalent of Tim Lewis: incapable of in-game adjustment.

Note to Kevin Colbert: Trade up to get an offensive lineman in the 2009 draft.

jpele
09-21-2008, 08:41 PM
I have to ask, why wasn't ben benched for the second half to preserve his health ?

TampaSteelGirl
09-21-2008, 08:43 PM
i watched the game at my parent's house today and i was saying the same thing. if i were ben, i would have been livid in the locker room at halftime. LIVID!!! the o line should be completely ashamed of themselves. after all that talk about how they were going to protect ben this week....

oh yes definately! How can they even look Ben in the face, they are jeprodizing his career, they are getting paid to protect this man...our franchise. They better step it up and protect him or clean out that entire line and put guys in there who want to play the game!

I was saying in another thread that they should have taken Ben out and put Leftwich in and let him get his a$$ pounded instead of our franchise!! Geeez!!!!!

[AutoMerged Post Below]

I have to ask, why wasn't ben benched for the second half to preserve his health ?

I agree 100%!!! :yellowthumb:

HUNT4SEVEN
09-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Exactly, that's what hurt me, NO ADJUSTMENTS:nono: shame on u Arians.

steelerschick1220
09-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Words cannot describe the way I am feeling right now towards our oline. Ben is what makes this team go. I guess they are okay with him getting pounded into the turf???? If we do not draft linemen next year, I will be horribly dissapointed in this team and the management.

NOVA STEELERS
09-21-2008, 10:47 PM
I just finished watching the game over for the 2nd time and still cannot believe how horrible the O-line looked and yet we were in the game until the end :evilshake: going to be a long season if the O-line doesn't get there act together :duh:

Forged in Steel
09-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Note to Kevin Colbert: Trade up to get an offensive lineman in the 2009 draft.

I think the Steelers should make every pick in 2009 NFL Draft an offensive linemen.

NCSteeler
09-22-2008, 08:47 AM

Not every team has 3 all pro corners.

- Holmes holds on to the dropped passes and the game goes much differently. - Arians needs to learn how to make in game adjustments!!

DBR96A
09-22-2008, 08:51 AM
One of the corners of my mind wonders if we're overreacting a bit. After all, this was Chris Kemoeatu's third start in the NFL, and Justin Hartwig's third start with the Steelers. Maybe it will take some time for the unit to gel, and we just had the unfortunate circumstance of facing a Jim Johnson-coordinated defense.

I hope Mike Tomlin tears Bruce Arians a new ******* this week.

TampaSteelGirl
09-22-2008, 09:10 AM
YOU CAN'T HAVE A 100 MILLION DOLLAR QB and a 50 cent O-LINE!!!!!!!! :rant2:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
09-22-2008, 09:17 AM

yea you can..it's called the 2008 Pittsburgh Steelers.

LatrobePA
09-22-2008, 09:19 AM

My girl hit it out of the park with this one, you said it!!

Captcoolhand
09-22-2008, 09:48 AM
I hope Mike Tomlin tears Bruce Arians a new ******* this week. I doubt it. :cursin:

It wouldn't surprise me if Tomlin isn't getting his advise from the Jerk Arians. :banging:

RW318
09-23-2008, 01:54 PM

Every NFC East team can.....

SteelerSteve
09-23-2008, 04:57 PM
The bad thing is that their o-line wasn't necessarily out muscled out there, it just seemd like they forgot all the fundamentals and were forgetting which guy to block. I have a feeling we will see a little bit better performance next week. I will say this though, we need to get some new O-linemen personnel next season or I'll be effin pissed.