PDA

View Full Version : An absolutely "OFFENSIVE" line

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2008, 06:37 PM
In case anybody on this board is not aware at this point in time, week 3 of the NFL we have absolutely a tin foil offensive line. It's halftime and they've allowed 6 sacks already. Ben is running for his life and barely even has time to throw it away because he can't even get out of the pocket to see anything down field. It would have been 8 sacks but 2 were called back for penalties.

We all knew they played well the first 2 games, or atleast better, but like I said and many of you did as well this week..the test would be this week to see how they respond and so far the grade is a big fat F !!!!!

It doesn't matter what happens the rest of this game, they cannot block a quality defensive front to save their life.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Some of the sacks are on Ben....But you can't fault him when he is facing the constant pressure he is facing today.....Some of the sacks a defensive player came untouched....

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2008, 06:49 PM
I think there was 2 that you could put on Ben for rolling out and not throwing it away or just holding onto it too long but still our 5 guys absolutely cannot stop anything. It's worse than pathetic. Willie can't get going and the WR's can't even get out in patterns and turn around before Ben is on the ground.

Steelerlyn
09-21-2008, 07:04 PM
As much of a cheerleader most of us are for the Steelers, I think it is time to let reality step in. Also, I have noticed that you guys who have played football look at the game differently than say I do. You are smarter and more aware of every single mistake whereas I am not. I only know one thing .........we suck.

terrible.towel43
09-21-2008, 07:12 PM
O-line is absolutly terrible. They cant block anyone. Also eagles keep converting on 3rd and long

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2008, 07:19 PM
As much of a cheerleader most of us are for the Steelers, I think it is time to let reality step in. Also, I have noticed that you guys who have played football look at the game differently than say I do. You are smarter and more aware of every single mistake whereas I am not. I only know one thing .........we suck.

Doesn't take a former player, weekend warrior, or an office cooler expert to see that hun, trust me we're seeing the same thing you are and it's pitiful....lol..it's no doubt that our OL is going to take more time to come together.

Captcoolhand
09-21-2008, 07:41 PM
it's no doubt that our OL is going to take more time to come together.I'm just hoping that it's going to be sometime THIS season....:evilshake:

Iron City South
09-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Embarassing performance all around. What's worse .... Arians game plan and counter attack was absolutely abysmal. Arians did NOTHING to help us win this game .... NOTHING!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Embarassing performance all around. What's worse .... Arians game plan and counter attack was absolutely abysmal. Arians did NOTHING to help us win this game .... NOTHING!

I agree.........100 percent.......Bruce Arians doesn't have a clue.....

SteelfordWexler
09-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Im not a huge fan of Arians, but lets see what we've tried to negate the blitz:

Max protection - didn't work,
screens - didn't work,
run the ball - can't do it,

The only thing we didn't do was to roll the QB. My point is when the line is being owned like this - nothing is going to work.

How many blitzes do you think we'll see next week?

Silverback 92
09-21-2008, 08:38 PM
tough loss, o-line sux , B.A. is a fool...Time to regroup

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Ok I really hope nobody and I mean nobody can defense this OL now.....They're average at best and really might not be that good.....

yinzer
09-21-2008, 08:56 PM
i'm just speechless. this was the worst performance from ANY o-line in the history of the NFL. they should be ashamed of themselves and be hesitant to come back here. (to the burgh) bruce arians should be burned at the stake and if i were mike tomlin, i'd fire the entire o-line.

Stlrs4Life
09-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Some of the sacks are on Ben....But you can't fault him when he is facing the constant pressure he is facing today.....Some of the sacks a defensive player came untouched....

1 Sack was Bens fault, he held the ball, had time but got paranoid. can't blame him.

dbahrke
09-21-2008, 09:12 PM
I didn't get to see the game on TV here in Nashville, but have been keeping up online. I had to turn my computer off in the second half; I was so pissed! Our OL is embarrassing. Maybe it was good that I didn't watch it on TV.

Stlrs4Life
09-21-2008, 09:14 PM
tough loss, o-line sux , B.A. is a fool...Time to regroup

To what? It's way too late in the game for that. Maybe put some of our younger guys in there and see what they can do, wouldn't be so bad then considering they are unexperienced.

TampaSteelGirl
09-21-2008, 09:36 PM
The worst i've seen! I mean last year was bad but today was the worst i've seen our Oline play. I told my friends Tomlin should have just taken Ben out and put Leftwich in and let him get pounded to save our franchise QB until they figure out what the hell to do with the O-line!!!

I"m so disappointed because we look like a bunch of frauds! We are a good football team but today we failed Ben terribly! I feel bad for him and the fact that he had to know he was going to get killed each play, also I commend the defense for how well they played considering they never had a chance to rest. We had better play better next week or we can kiss the playoffs goodbye down the road. We can't win games like this!!

ToothAche
09-21-2008, 09:41 PM

Where were the draw plays? Where were the screens and seam passes?
terrible.............

Clevelandsux
09-21-2008, 09:53 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was about the most pathetic performance I've seen by our team in a long time. How we only got beat 15-6 I have no idea.

I've been screaming for two years DRAFT SOME LINEMAN!!!!! We give up 9 sacks today?? I'm tired of people defending this line. They flat out suck. They should all be shown the door. Watching Bigben get clobbered today was like watching "the faces of death videos".

We have a 101 million dollar qb and no o-line? That's like buying a mercedes with no insurance. Freaking ridiculous!!!Instead we draft Sweed and Mendenhall, one whom isn't dressing? I don't want to hear excuses "no players available, best player in the draft". It's B.S! Trade up! Do what you have to do.

This problem is this will not go away. Not this year, not next year. We have a glaring weakness and not addressing it? Ben may not make it through the season if this keeps up. I just do not see where this can be repaired!

I'm just speechless and sick to my stomach. I don't want to hear how great Philly's D is. We made them look that good. We aren't gonna be playing the Texans, Browns and Bengals every week.

jpele
09-21-2008, 09:57 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm just speechless and sick to my stomach. I don't want to hear how great Philly's D is. We made them look that good. We aren't gonna be playing the Texans, Browns and Bengals every week.

I agree , we made them look good, Philly didn't have a single sack against Dallas.

SteelerSal
09-21-2008, 10:00 PM

Maybe Faneca was onto something when he butted heads with his line coach. I'm not convinced that he is teachung and scheming proper reads and blitz pickups to the lineman because they are loking absolutly lost out there.

Just something to consider.

Clevelandsux
09-21-2008, 10:04 PM
No excuses, our line just stinks.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Maybe Faneca was onto something when he butted heads with his line coach. I'm not convinced that he is teachung and scheming proper reads and blitz pickups to the lineman because they are loking absolutly lost out there.

Just something to consider.

I'm willing to buy that Sal......Its a mess and OL coach Larry Zierlein deserves as much of the blame as the entire OL....

jpele
09-21-2008, 10:12 PM
I wonder how some of these guys would play ,if they had to return part of their paycheck for their bad performance. After all they have no problem asking for a raise when they have a good year and are already under contract

Detox
09-21-2008, 10:14 PM
If they had to return part of their paycheck their bad performance...the game would be so damn intense.

steelerschick1220
09-21-2008, 10:25 PM
I was so dissapointed in our oline today. I had so hoped that they had improved after seeing the first two games. Turns out it was a stickin mirage. They should be ashamed of themselves and how they let Ben get beat up today. It was unacceptable.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-21-2008, 10:29 PM
our o-line sucks, an the fact that we kept the same game plan sucks, why didn't we try the no huddle? hurry up offensene? our d gave up only 2 3rd an long conversions, but they did an hell of an job, special teams were great also

jpele
09-21-2008, 10:59 PM
We have some big guys on the line, wouldn't it be better if we went back to man blocking instead of the zone blocking scheme ? maybe Big Red was onto something.

It just seems to me that zone blocking is designed for smaller quicker men.

And where the hell is our 7 million dollar man ? No way you can tell me Colon is a better lineman than Starks.

Prosdo
09-22-2008, 12:04 AM
The play by the line was absolutely pathetic. And all the damn screen plays? Did we not learn this last year they rarely work! O-line playing like crap and they run Willie up the middle. Jeez.

bonesetter58
09-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Ben held the ball way to long but I cant blame him for that. The way to beat a fast blitzing club is to throw 2 step drop passes to your TE's and we have one that is 6 foot 7 or 9!! That slows down the rush. BA is the dumbest OC I have ever seen. We needed a running game with a big back and a short quick passing game. That doesnt say anything for the fact that Ben double pumped the ball several times and should have thrown the ball away a few more. Dont feel the need to even start on the OL though!! what a mess!! We might want to start rolling Ben out to get more time. ooooppps that means that someone will have to actually seal the corner... Damm!! That wont work either. Bring the BUS back!!

Nest week we claim first place in the North!!:helmet::tt02:

memphissteelergirl
09-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Arians does share some of the blame in that debacle yesterday, but put most of it on Zierlen's (sp?) blocking schemes as well. Doesn't that guy watch opponent's game tapes??? And no kind of adjustments were made throughout the whole game. Just pathetic!! :cursin::rant2:

Somebody's head needs to roll...and I think it oughta start with Mr Z!!

ARKIESTEEL
09-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Just a thought on the O-line.....This might sound nuts but a win over the Eagles would have gave us some breathing room in the AFCN. Now on to the nuts part....if your O-line cant block why didnt we throw Dixon in there and let him boot leg around the corner. Heck the Eagles D-line and most of their LB's was in out back field so I kind of was thinking let the fast QB run the boot leg option run/throw thing while runnig away from the pressure. Just a thought, I am still sick to see Ben this banged up and never once scream at them fat jack ***'s that allowed this. :cursin:

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Oline definitely not acceptable at this point. B.A. at fault for not making any adjustments to game plan. Now the question is a week enough time to make adjustments???

LatrobePA
09-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Oline definitely not acceptable at this point. B.A. at fault for not making any adjustments to game plan. Now the question is a week enough time to make adjustments???

NO!

Ravens had 5 sacks against the stains, and they have a decent line!! I say Ben has another 5-8 sack game.

At this pace Ben will be sacked 64 times this season, ave. 4 per game so far!! Makes me f'n sick!!

BRICKTOWN BEAST
09-22-2008, 12:55 PM
ok I'm defienetly more pissed off at Airians than the line. Becuase 5 guys cant block 9 guiys coming in everytime HOWEVER when the line blocked (or tried to block) they f*cking sucked we really should have drafted a linemen instead of pretending we dont need we becuase its obvious that we do. I still miss kreider and the bus because you can pound the ball with Parker I'm sorry hes not that type of running back. unless we beef up mendenhall we have no power running game anymore. Bruce Arians doesnt know what hes doing hes nothing but an old Brown wide recievers coach that thought he can step i n the role of off. coord but is obviousley wrong anfd our o-line coach needs to be fired as well. this is the second time we got beat in our own game the first was a against the jaguars

ejsteeler
09-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Pitiful. A complete and utter failure to play and coach a game. Disappointing doesn't even cover it.

AZ_Steeler
09-22-2008, 01:10 PM
I think we need to stop referring to what is traditionally called an o-line because the Steelers obviously have "no-line"....

ejsteeler
09-22-2008, 01:11 PM
I'd laugh at that AZ, but my scowl won't go away......

Captcoolhand
09-22-2008, 01:16 PM
I think its got me lost for words......

And to think, nobody has really even mentioned the fact that we gave up a Safety to those bums to boot. :exhausted:

Silverback 92
09-22-2008, 07:52 PM
our o-line reminds me of some one trying to catch a bowling ball dropped from a ten story building with a wet paper bag