PDA

View Full Version : Week 3: Prediction's for this weekend?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Go to the homepage and vote (http://www.steeleraddicts.com), let us know what you think!

This is a monster game for the Steelers and will give us a good indication of where we really stand early on in the season.

Troyisabeast_43
09-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Go to the homepage and vote (http://www.steeleraddicts.com), let us know what you think!

This is a monster game for the Steelers and will give us a good indication of where we really stand early on in the season.

I agree TG getting another road win in Philly on Sunday will really set the Steelers up well going into October in terms of getting a jump start on the better teams in the AFC. Starting 3-0 and having the Ravens, and a struggling Jags and horrible Bengals team as the next 3 teams on the Steelers schedule really sets the Steelers up to start the year out at the very worst 5-1 or dare I say 6-0.

TEEMONT
09-18-2008, 11:17 PM
Honestly, I dunno about this week. I'll be rooting like hell, but I see Philly winning it. If we played at Heinz, diff story.

Philly 27
Pitt 20

Koopa
09-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Honestly, I dunno about this week. I'll be rooting like hell, but I see Philly winning it. If we played at Heinz, diff story.

Philly 27
Pitt 20

i got the same feeling......... that offense of the eagles has been nothing short of badass....... and now that we are pretty much playing 2-4 defense since eason is a bum it's gonna be harder to get to mcnabb..........

Black@Gold Forever32
09-18-2008, 11:21 PM

Philly 27
Pitt 20

Oh yee of little of faith......:lol: You gotta believe......:crossfingers:

Seriously I do agree I don't know either...Its going to be a tough game no doubt.....The Steelers better be ready....I think the Steelers are going to have so score some points this game....I like our defense against their offense but they do have some guys that could cause some match up problems....But I do have a good feeling about this game....My gut tells me the Steelers are going to win...I say 30-24.....

MOTORKRAFT
09-19-2008, 12:09 AM
I chose too close to call right now. The Eagles looked awsome last week, but they were pumped for Dallas. I wish they would have won that game because their motivation level would be much lower this week. I don't know what the Steelers motivation level is after that sloppy weather game in Cleveland. I feel like our talent level is better, but their coaching level is better, plus they are at home. It's an in state game, but an out of conference game. I can't figure this one out. The (betting) line on this game should be 0. I wouldn't bet either way for anything. Hopefully I will be able to watch it and enjoy a Steeler victory :cope::cope::cope:

Mechem
09-19-2008, 12:17 AM
If we were playing week 10 eagles, it would be 34-3 Pittsburgh. Cause we all know something will break on Philly's team eventually. Those wheels arent bolted down tight.

But for now, I think we can win. Their defense though solid looked subpar monday night, plus there is the lack of rest factor, and the fact that the "Pola-Bear" is back in action.

Ive been saying it and I keep to it, a close game, 24-20 the burgh.

BlitzburghNation
09-19-2008, 02:31 AM
Hope i'm wrong,but I got a bad feeling that we lose our 1st game !!!!

ARKIESTEEL
09-19-2008, 11:45 AM
I think our D is alot better than the Cowboys and they was able to get in the QB's face a few times. I also will go out on a limb and say our DB's and safties are as good if not better than the Cowboys so I dont see us letting 30 plus points go on defense. Yeah we are banged up at the DE postion but we got a few guys that can come in to keep a freash guy on the side that is weak. I look for the safty and corners to blitz to make up for the D-line being some what on the weaker side and to help stop the run. I also look for our D to score in this game maybe just a feeling.

On offense I think we will open up the pass a bunch more this week and I am betting Ward is ready to go after the drops he had last week. Holmes and Miller also should be a big key in this game. We should pass to set up the run and Parker should break off at least one big run in this game.

Keep the faith people
Over all I hope our corners are not playing a million yards of the WR like we did with the Browns. I see this as a game that we should win 28 to 17

TEEMONT
09-19-2008, 12:38 PM
It's not a matter of keeping the faith. Faith is something you put in God, not a football team. Do I believe that the Steelers can win every week? Yeah, as soon as I put on that jersey and get to the bar I do. But during the week, I tend to look at things as a football fan, not a Steelers fan. The football fan in me says the Eagles have a badass Offense, that is probably going to shred us for more than 3 TD's. It also tells me that their D is not as bad as it looked against Dallas, Dallas is just that good.

We'll see I hope they win, the only way they can is to win the shoot out though. IF they win this game though, I really think we are without a doubt, the best team in the AFC.

Dean Denton
09-19-2008, 12:42 PM

Philly 27
Pitt 20 Are you on crack? What kind of talk is that? this is a walk through the park. I have a better chance of KO the heavy weight champ then Philly does beating the Steelers. Did you forget that Ben is the NFC killer? Have faith. This is the year we take the lead...:cope:

steelerschick1220
09-19-2008, 12:44 PM
I would like to think that we can win this game, but I just don't have a good feeling. So, I am going to say that we lose our first game on sunday. I think it will be close, like 24-21, but I just don't think we will get the win.

Dean Denton
09-19-2008, 12:52 PM
What is all this that I am reading? We are the cream rising to the top. We are road warriors man. Ben will get it done. Our Def is going to ring that championship bell and slam the door shut on these fools. This is going to be a backyard mugging. Hold your heads high, and watch our team deliver a KO punch early.

TEEMONT
09-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Are you on crack? What kind of talk is that? this is a walk through the park. I have a better chance of KO the heavy weight champ then Philly does beating the Steelers. Did you forget that Ben is the NFC killer? Have faith. This is the year we take the lead...:cope:

You sound like a browns fan....

ToothAche
09-19-2008, 01:26 PM
I predict McNabb self-destructing, and then his mom will schedule a press conference about how her baby got his @ss kicked.

Dean Denton
09-19-2008, 01:31 PM
You sound like a browns fan.... A Browns Fan? Thats really hitting below the belt. I have been called alot of things in my life because I can be an obnoxious, arrogant, egotistical, self-centered, know-it-all, a$$ hole jerk, but I think that is the worst thing anyone as ever called me. My god, is that tear escaping my eye?
You busted me, I do own something that has a Browns logo all over it.

My Toilet paper.....lol:cope:

ToothAche
09-19-2008, 01:38 PM
There there Dean, that was BS. No one should ever be called a Brown's fan. I didnt even know Brown fan existed anymore. I thought they moved to Baltimore.

Dean Denton
09-19-2008, 02:00 PM
There there Dean, that was BS. No one should ever be called a Brown's fan. I didnt even know Brown fan existed anymore. I thought they moved to Baltimore.
Thank you. That felt like a Tyson body blow...

ToothAche
09-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Atleast he didnt bite off your ear.

Dean Denton
09-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Atleast he didnt bite off your ear.

Toshay.....:steelerschick::steelerschick:

LatrobePA
09-19-2008, 02:34 PM
i got the same feeling......... that offense of the eagles has been nothing short of badass....... and now that we are pretty much playing 2-4 defense since eason is a bum it's gonna be harder to get to mcnabb..........

I'm not trying to be a dick, but how can you say their D has been badass?? 41 points allowed is insane!!

Stairwayto7
09-19-2008, 02:37 PM

Philly 27
Pitt 20

My thoughts exact. My favorite number is 27, so I always choose the Steelers with 27. And i know philly is good, but they are nfc, so Steelers 27 eagles 20

BlitzburghRockCity
09-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Based on previous experience with the Steelers I'd say this game is a toss up right now. Both teams have very good offenses, both have proven they can run and pass efficiently. Ben and the offense will need to score some points because I honestly don't think either defense is going to hold up through the whole game and keep this thing a low scoring affair. We can get into a shootout if we have too and can score quickly but so can the eagles.

I like our chances but we need to see is this years team be different than last year when we couldn't do **** on the road.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-19-2008, 03:08 PM
I think this game is gonna be tightly contested and its gonna come down to "who makes the big play"! Whether its a turnover or a speacial teams play, who ever is on the right side of that play is gonna be the winner. Philly and Dallas, being divisional opponents, played a very tight game monday night. The game was won on that westbrook fumble. I see this game being the same way.

Heres the kicker: We havent played a game yet where we had to use every thing we had (as far as the playbook) to win. PHI layed it all out to try and beat dallas monday. We should have WAY more film on them then they do on us at this point. Hopefully Ben is resting that shoulder and getting that Brain Workout!

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
09-19-2008, 03:11 PM
I agree TG, Like i said before this game should be a "Sneak Peek" of what this team is about this year. I'm anxious to see how this D is gonna respond to a high octane offense that Philly has been showing so far.I'm pickin Steelers, 20-17 :tt02:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

I think this game is gonna be tightly contested and its gonna come down to "who makes the big play"! Whether its a turnover or a speacial teams play, who ever is on the right side of that play is gonna be the winner. Philly and Dallas, being divisional opponents, played a very tight game monday night. The game was won on that westbrook fumble. I see this game being the same way.

Heres the kicker: We havent played a game yet where we had to use every thing we had (as far as the playbook) to win. PHI layed it all out to try and beat dallas monday. We should have WAY more film on them then they do on us at this point. Hopefully Ben is resting that shoulder and getting that Brain Workout!

Your right about that...we've had the luxury of jumping out 2-0 and maybe using 2 pages of our playbook.It's time to see this Offense at full-throttle!

jpele
09-19-2008, 05:07 PM
17-14 Steelers;bet the house on it.

LarryNJ
09-19-2008, 05:59 PM
The Steelers have a better team and should win. This is the way my computer broke it down. :yellowthumb:

Defense
Line advantage Steelers 1-0
LB Big advantage Steelers (+2) 3-0
Corners advantage Eagles 3-1
Safteys advantage Steelers 4-1
Offense
QB Even 4-1
RB Eagles 4-2
WR Big Advantage Steelers (+2) 6-2
TE Steelers 7-2
OL Eagles 7-3
Home Field +2 7-5
Coaches even 7-5
Special teams Eagles 7-6

Steelers 35 - Eagles - 30

Dean Denton
09-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Here I posted this on the other thread, but I put it here too, so I know everyone sees this. There is not going to be any shift in power. The AFC will hold and the Eagles will fall.

PHILADELPHIA -- If you think the Pittsburgh Steelers are a good team, a playoff-quality team, then the Eagles are in trouble against them Sunday afternoon at Lincoln Financial Field.

Under head coach Andy Reid, the Eagles have never beaten a playoff-bound AFC team. If you count the loss to New England in Super Bowl XXXIX among those losses, Reid is 0-13 against the cream of the AFC crop.

That's right 0-13.

The last time the Eagles beat an AFC team headed to the playoffs was 1997 when in quarterback Bobby Hoying's second NFL start, they beat the Steelers, 23-20, at Veterans Stadium. The Eagles finished 6-9-1 that season, but Pittsburgh was the AFC Central champs.

That following season, 1998, Ray Rhodes' last as the Eagles head coach, they lost, 41-16 to the even tual AFC West champion Denver Broncos, beginning a string of 14 consecutive losses to AFC playoff teams.

This week Pittsburgh, already 2-0, and the prohibitive favorite to win a watered-down AFC North, will attempt to extend that streak to 15 straight.

"That's a good team, with a real good defense," running back Brian Westbrook said. "They have a very active front seven (on defense), and they have (Troy) Polamalu in the secondary."

It doesn't help the Eagles cause that they are coming off a short work week, having played a tough emotional game, Monday night in Dallas.

Throw in the fact that Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlis berger is 13-2 in his career against any NFC team, and this does not bode well for the home team.

"They play fast," Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb said of the Steelers' defense, ranked fourth best in the league in the early going. "They play fast and that's al ways been their M.O. They have big nose guards, and everyone else is just quick. Their outside linebackers are quick. Their inside linebackers are quick. I think they play a scheme where they're not asking their cornerbacks to do much, just to stay in zones. Help out in the run game and be disruptive in the pass.

Thank you and good night.

Mechem
09-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Wow thats quite a statistic on Andy Reid there... Never did much like that fatso.

I feel better about this game now! Thanks

Dean Denton
09-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Wow thats quite a statistic on Andy Reid there... Never did much like that fatso.

I feel better about this game now! Thanks I was looking for some dirt on DM against the AFC because I know none of those top rated NFC QB have ggod stats. My dad tracks that because he thinks the NFC blows and is over-rated. I think its funny coming from a Raiders fan, but what can I do?...lol
Then I found that...Yeah, I knew it was bad, but it really shows how much better the AFC is when you look at playoff teams. I bet its not much different for all the others in the NFC. I hope that doesn't come back at us, but, I doubt it will matter.

steelerschick1220
09-19-2008, 10:54 PM
Damn, Reid is 0-13??????? Well, that certainly is in our favor. 0-13???? I just cannot believe that. So, if we win I guess it is a pretty good sign for the playoffs! LOL.

Ben is 13-2 against the NFC? I was wondering what his record against the NFC was today and now I know! Thanks.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Well this is the first test we all been waiting for, I got a good feeling about it, apprehensive, but good. After seeing the 'boys WR getting downfield on their defense, I see Holmes having a big game and being the difference maker we have been waiting for. Hopefully outside LB's can get in on the action and put mcnabb on his back , but at least keep him in the pocket. STEELERS win this game 31-24

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!

terrible.towel43
09-20-2008, 12:21 AM
Even if we get close to winning we know we are in good shape. Dallas only beat them by 4 points and they are probably the best team at this point in the season, and the eaglse almost beat them. So to be within 3 or 4 of the eagles is saying that we mean buisness. I'm looking forward to this game and if we come out with a W this board should be estatic!