PDA

View Full Version : Farrior fined, Shaun Rogers still not

Mechem
09-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Ok so James Farrior gets fined for apparently being rude to the dawg pound in Cleveland after they got happy over Ryan Clark's injury.

And of course no fines were levied on Shaun Fatcheeks Rogers for lowering his helmet into a 9 figure paid player....

Gotta love the NFL. Sure does love to see its upstarts win.

Clevelandsux
09-18-2008, 06:19 PM
rogers wasn't even penalized while woodley was???

Mechem
09-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Yeah and that was garbage. You gotta let the players play. I hate the fact that because he Tackled Anderson AS HE THREW he gets a penalty. Didnt lower his head, didnt touch helmets, no facemask, just a clean tackle.

I totally want to protect the QB's in the league, but if a guys arm is still in motion hes fair game.

On the opposite side, when the guys arm is gone and hes been watching the ball in the air like Ben was, then Rogers should have been ejected in my opinion.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-18-2008, 06:39 PM
It's the biggest bunch of BS; Rogers took a blatant cheap shot and the NFL is just looking the other way. mike pereira needs to take off the blinders!

Mechem
09-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Whats puzzling to me is why they dont seem to take as much care of Ben. Granted hes like goliath out there, but seriously this is the worlds BIGGEST NFL Team when you consider fan base. Wouldn't you realize your sales will drop if this team melts because Ben gets mauled?

This franchise has a value into the Billion mark now, and you're just gonna let it go when their QB gets railed?

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
09-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Yea i was surprised by that as well...The NFL is notorious for watching film and goin back and fining people..matter of fact i wouldn't have been surprised if they would have fined Hines for the"marking his spot move". But to turn the cheek on the cheap shot..damn,they really dropped the ball on that one.:evilshake:

ejsteeler
09-18-2008, 07:00 PM
I read the team sent a clip of the hit to the NFL office....hopefully something will come of it.:crossfingers: probably not though :evilshake:

Mechem
09-18-2008, 07:01 PM
See at this point I'd think Rogers is in the clear. They already doled out the bills for this game. Usually they fine by the game and if there were others in this game to hit up they would have.

So if Rogers gets let go I'd say thats a really bad move on the NFL's part.

Mike Tomlin
09-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Don't worry about it. I'm sure our defense saw and they'll take care of it next time. We'll just bust Derek up and say **** the fine. :tt02:

HUNT4SEVEN
09-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Whats puzzling to me is why they dont seem to take as much care of Ben. Granted hes like goliath out there, but seriously this is the worlds BIGGEST NFL Team when you consider fan base. Wouldn't you realize your sales will drop if this team melts because Ben gets mauled?

This franchise has a value into the Billion mark now, and you're just gonna let it go when their QB gets railed?

Remember everyone hates us even the N.F.L,This is so much BullS***:cursin:

Mechem
09-19-2008, 12:13 AM
Yeah, but god we just alllll love Dallas. Woohoo for Americas team with a choking QB... Love it!

SteelfordWexler
09-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Woodley wrapped up DA and drove him to the ground. Fat boy hit BR after the throw - cheap as it was - but didn't wrap him up and fall on him (good thing). Wood's play was more visible because of the tackle. But Fatboy's was clearly a cheap shot at a known injury. I assume the officials felt like he didn't continue through the hit so they let it go (also not a head shot). I'm not surprised by the NFL's position. Time to move on - Karma is going to be tuff on the Stains - they are already 0-2 and going into Baltimore after they got a bye last week.

BLITZBURGH88
09-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Rogers should have been fined I'm sure he will get his next time

TEEMONT
09-19-2008, 12:33 PM
oh well, it doesnt affect me in the least...

ToothAche
09-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Goodell just issued a statement that first time offenders of hits with "intent to harm" can be suspended. That means Goodell now has even more control to manipulate match-ups and outcomes of games. He will be suspending star players in the playoffs, screwing teams, just because he has a cool mil down on the Cowboys. Not a big fan of Goodell and the way he handled this game.

steelerschick1220
09-19-2008, 12:39 PM
I cannot believe that fat butt Rogers is going to get away with that cheap shot. Unreal. If it had happened to any other QB, I have no doubts that the penalty would have been called on the field. But Ben? No, I guess they think he can handle being drilled into the ground.

dawgs
09-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Im still wondering why shaun smith was fined. He loses a sack, then gets fined. big ben is the NFL's new baby I guess.

shaun rogers is the man, nobody will fine him.

Dean Denton
09-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Im still wondering why shaun smith was fined. He loses a sack, then gets fined. big ben is the NFL's new baby I guess.

shaun rogers is the man, nobody will fine him.
Ben is not the new baby, he the New Best son-of-a-bitch slinging the rock on the field.

Oh yeah, go USC...hahahahahaha

Forged in Steel
09-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Remember everyone hates us even the NFL

They let teams in their league cheat to win 3 Super Bowls!

Dean Denton
09-19-2008, 08:01 PM
Got that right. $700.000 for three rings. Not a bad price to pay.
If they dont cheat Kordell gets a ring, and he doesn't get all that crap.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Hell, they even made up the tuck rule to keeo the Raiders out..how sad.

Forged in Steel
09-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Got that right. $700.000 for three rings. Not a bad price to pay. If they dont cheat Kordell gets a ring, and he doesn't get all that crap.

Do you think the Steelers would have beaten the Rams?

Dean Denton
09-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Do you think the Steelers would have beaten the Rams?
I really do, and not because I'm a Steeler geek. I think that they were the best team in the league with the Raiders being #2. The Rams would have lost by 10 or 14 points. Our Def was faster than that show on turf, and they didn't play anyone as good as us all year. The Bus would have rolled up big numbers against them... I think about 150. That would have been the revenge game for him, and nothing would have stopped him. We would have controlled the clock for about 35-40 minutes. Barring turnovers, its a route...

Mechem
09-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Honestly that would have been a heck of a matchup. Those Steelers were some dang good men up front and I think Faulk wouldnt have been so great. I would have to say though Kurt Warner is some QB though.

I think we could have won because of the simple fact that Bettis was more or less invincible at that point in time.

dawgs
09-19-2008, 09:00 PM
You guys should cool off about calling people cheaters. Steelers did take out palmer, also a horrible called superbowl against the hawks.

Also, did someone really just cheer for USC?? thats sad. show some class for crying out loud. Even michigan will root for OSU in a game like that. USC is turning into the bengals of college football.

Mechem
09-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Man Palmer wouldnt have made a difference in that game, come on. Pittsburgh beat them clean. The Bunghole's aint got nothing.

And they did cheat.

Dean Denton
09-19-2008, 10:24 PM
You guys should cool off about calling people cheaters. Steelers did take out palmer, also a horrible called superbowl against the hawks.

Also, did someone really just cheer for USC?? thats sad. show some class for crying out loud. Even michigan will root for OSU in a game like that. USC is turning into the bengals of college football.
UCS is the best team over the last 6 or 7 years. They have the best coach at that level. Ohio State is the most over-rated team in the last 5 years. Go Pac 10. Bungles of college huh? The only reason they dont win the national championship ever year is because of east coast Bias....No team can deal with that speed. They only lose to other Pac 10 teams.

dawgs
09-19-2008, 10:50 PM
UCS is the best team over the last 6 or 7 years. They have the best coach at that level. Ohio State is the most over-rated team in the last 5 years. Go Pac 10. Bungles of college huh? The only reason they dont win the national championship ever year is because of east coast Bias....No team can deal with that speed. They only lose to other Pac 10 teams.

there the bengals of college football because they have a couple of guys going to jail.

USC have been very good, because there all about football, where at OSU we care about are players on and off the field. Also this is college level, where 1 guy can make a huge difference, If beanie wells played and was healthy, no question the whole game would be different. He goes for over 100yds couple TDs, plus opens the field for todd to air it out(does have a great arm), and pryor can come in and run. Not saying buckeyes would win, but would be very close.

Mechem: cici was winning that game and palmer was doing well. they most likely would have won.

USc is not real fast like LSU or flordia was and are, besides there running back who will never cut it in the pros. USC had a bye week to get ready, home field, + no beanie = win for them.

steelerschick1220
09-19-2008, 10:50 PM

Please, the hit on Palmer was clean. Bringing up the Super Bowl AGAIN? There is nothing anyone can do about it, so I suggest you let it go. Maybe you should go to a Browns board and give your fellow fans a pep talk on how the season isn't over and blah blah.

I don't like USC but they have been the most consistent team over the last several years. Now how many consecutive championship games has Ohio lost?

dawgs
09-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Now how many consecutive championship games has Ohio lost?

Now how many championship games in a row have ohio state been to???

BAM, BOOM, BAM, BOOM, BAM, BAM, BOOM.

Time to party!!!!!! woooooooooooooo, later guys.

If hte hit on palmer was clean, then steelerschick has a large package.

BR7
09-19-2008, 11:03 PM
Mechem: cici was winning that game and palmer was doing well. they most likely would have won.

Um.. lol. Palmer was doing well?? yeah, his ONE and only pass was completed. Score was 0 - 0 when Palmer went down. Kitna lead them to 17 points and were up 17 - 7 at one point. The rest is history, 31 - 17 final.

So to say Palmer was doing well.. is well.. :hilarious:

Stairwayto7
09-19-2008, 11:23 PM

he just keeps proving my point! He is just here to get a rise out of us, not talk sensible football.
SuperBowls what`s a cleveland fan know about SuperBowls??

Forged in Steel
09-20-2008, 02:21 AM

We're calling them "cheaters" because they did cheat. It's not some rumor or a bunch of pi**ed off Steeler fans, it's the truth! There is lots of proof of it also.

The Carson Palmer hit was clean and didn't matter anyway because with him they still would have been beaten. IF the Super Bowl was cheated it was the refs fault.

steelerschick1220
09-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Now how many championship games in a row have ohio state been to???

BAM, BOOM, BAM, BOOM, BAM, BAM, BOOM.

Time to party!!!!!! woooooooooooooo, later guys.

If hte hit on palmer was clean, then steelerschick has a large package.

You know your team is overrated when you brag about actually going to the game. Typical Browns fan. Resulting to personal insults that couldn't possibly be true. It is the state of your tiny little mind, so I shouldn't be too upset at you.

dawgs
09-20-2008, 04:58 PM
You know your team is overrated when you brag about actually going to the game. Typical Browns fan. Resulting to personal insults that couldn't possibly be true. It is the state of your tiny little mind, so I shouldn't be too upset at you.

I love going to games for the browns, cavs and indians. so much fun. win or lose. all cleveland teams have great bulidings. real nice and clean. great fun.

I could have went to the indians game last night but my friend was havin a huge party so I went there. Saw that carmona beat the crap out of gary sheffield in the middle of the diamond. I always miss hte brawls.:cursin: