PDA

View Full Version : NFL Power Rankings... Pittsburgh #2

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
09-18-2008, 01:45 PM
NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 3
Week: Pre | 1 | 2 | 3
Add Widget ESPN.com

The Dallas Cowboys, who survived a seesaw, home battle with the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 2, remain the kings of the hill this week. And for the second consecutive polling, our experts deem the Pittsburgh Steelers the second-best team in the league -- even though the Steelers barely edged the host Cleveland Browns.

But the top of the standings could be in a for a shakeup next week. Sunday the Cowboys visit the Green Bay Packers, who rank fourth this week. Earlier in the day, the No. 2 Steelers will visit the Eagles, who rank No. 5 this week despite the "Monday Night Football" loss at Dallas.

In the middle of the logjam atop the power rankings are the New York Giants, up two spots to No. 3. In Week 2, the defending Super Bowl champions dismantled the St. Louis Rams, who for the second consecutive week anchor the bottom of the rankings.

The Giants replace the shell-shocked San Diego Chargers, this week's biggest tumblers. Victim of a last-minute winning score for the second consecutive week, the Chargers fell 10 places from No. 3 to No. 13 overall. The New Orleans Saints -- who could not hold a fourth-quarter lead against the Washington Redskins in Week 2 -- and the Jacksonville Jaguars -- who squandered a fourth-quarter lead over the Buffalo Bills at home -- also took big hits. The Saints (from No. 4 to No. 12) and Jags (from No. 10 to No. 18) each fell eight spots.

~If we can handle the Eagles this week,then we should match up pretty good with Dallas too....I think our D will hold the Eagles in better check than the boys did.:tt02:

Dean Denton
09-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Yeah with a Steeler winning and Dallas losing this week, we will sit on top, unless they stick the Packers at #1. I was kinda hoping Pitt and Dall would hold the 1 and 2 spot untill we play 12/7 and put and end to that whole thing.
Packers-Steelers superbowl would be nice....just a thought.

BlackGold4vr
09-18-2008, 02:05 PM
I agree. I don't see the Eagles shredding our defense like they did to Dallas. If we keep them under 20 I think we win the game. :yesnod:

AZ_Steeler
09-18-2008, 02:21 PM
I would imagine the Steelers stayed at #2 after edging out the Bronws just because of the weather and all the hype swirling around the Browns for this season... I'm content with #2... #1 would go to their heads and they would slack off :D

BlitzburghRockCity
09-18-2008, 04:40 PM
I hate power rankings, they should just let the Steelers off the list and keep telling the players they suck :lol:

Dean Denton
09-18-2008, 04:58 PM
I hate power rankings, they should just let the Steelers off the list and keep telling the players they suck :lol:
The only thing I like about power ranking is that when the Steelers are ranked high like this, it shows that other people see the talent and skill level of this team. Teams like the Colts, Cowboys, Packers, and everyone else are always getting the attention. Makes no sense to me sometimes. Look at the Cowboys. They have a QB that has choked in his 2 playoff games, but yet his team is picked to go all the way. Jags get the samer kind of treatment, but not right now. A lot of Bias people run these things.

#1 loser, Tony Kornhiser. He stated that the Cowboys were the #1 sports team in the country passing the NY Yankees. NO NO NO...
Last year NFL Network took a pole of who really is Americas team?
The Steelers won that in a land slide. Not only are they most loved team in all of sports, they are also the most requested team to watch in all of Sports.
If anyone knows how to send an email to ESPN to request the Removal of Kornhiser please let me know. I would rather listen to Dennis Miller, then that goof ball. He ruins MNF...IMO

Mechem
09-18-2008, 05:06 PM
I like where the Burgh is at. I dont like the Vic Carucci NFL rankings though. He has us at 6 I believe, and he said "Pittsburgh managed to escape with a win in Cleveland"

Escape my ***!

But anyway, we gotta get past Philly. If we do, its smooth sailing for a while.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Kornhiser doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground, I swear these people that get hired to commentate sports games and do journalist work for publications have to be some of the most simple minded people you can possibly meet. They're so influenced by what everybody else says that you can predict exactly what their opinion will be based on the games they do each week.

LarryNJ
09-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Kornhiser doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground,

I agree he is the worst, and he's annoying as hell. Especially this past week, the game was very entertaining and Kornholer was trying so hard too be funny that you would of thought the game was a blow out. On the other hand I think Mike Tirico did a great job.

That being said I'm not a fan of any power ratings.

JoeThomas
09-18-2008, 09:45 PM
I agree. You have a 100 different "Football Guys" that give you 100 different rankings. It only matters who holds the trophy up at the end each year. It's why they play the games. If it was played on paper. They coulda skipped to the Super Bowl and had New England play Dallas Week 1 and be done with it.

TEEMONT
09-18-2008, 10:11 PM
I agree. You have a 100 different "Football Guys" that give you 100 different rankings. It only matters who holds the trophy up at the end each year. It's why they play the games. If it was played on paper. They coulda skipped to the Super Bowl and had New England play Dallas Week 1 and be done with it.

or if they woulda gone by your pre-season rankings Dallas coulda played Cleveland week 1....oh wait that happened

abandon ship!

JoeThomas
09-18-2008, 10:32 PM
or if they woulda gone by your pre-season rankings Dallas coulda played Cleveland week 1....oh wait that happened

abandon ship!

my preseason rankings huh. if im a writer then i wish id of gotten paid. i never expected us to beat dallas and thought it was a coin toss for pittsburgh. you won by 4. hardly convincing. but your 2-0 and were 0-2. hope the texans wernt too tough for you guys. dallas would wipe the floor with you. but you better be careful, ben might get hit again and cry.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-18-2008, 10:40 PM
my preseason rankings huh. if im a writer then i wish id of gotten paid. i never expected us to beat dallas and thought it was a coin toss for pittsburgh. you won by 4. hardly convincing. but your 2-0 and were 0-2. hope the texans wernt too tough for you guys. dallas would wipe the floor with you. but you better be careful, ben might get hit again and cry.

Yep you're 0-2 so I would worry about your Brownies instead of Dallas wiping the floor with the Steelers....Dallas makes a trip to Pittsburgh in December so we will find out.....As for Ben he has been getting hit at a alarming rate for three straight years and he is still going strong.....How is Derek Anderson's season going so far?......:lol:Mid season Brady Quinn will be starting and his sorry *** will be exposed.....

Mechem
09-19-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah I wouldnt be so sure about Dallas whooping the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Hopefully the football gods will bring forth snow and allow a fierce winter to cometh down upon Tony Homo and Terrible Owens.

ejsteeler
09-19-2008, 10:23 AM

Funny how it's gone from the clowns beating us as your mantra to the cowgirls beating us.......pick a team...oh wait, you did and they lost.:yellowthumb:
What was it Tee said...abandon ship!!:lol:

steelerschick1220
09-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah I wouldnt be so sure about Dallas whooping the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Hopefully the football gods will bring forth snow and allow a fierce winter to cometh down upon Tony Homo and Terrible Owens.

Yeah, I am really hoping it is like freezing out with a heavy snow falling for that game. Wishful thinking, I know, but a girl can dream!

BTW, I love your names for Romo and TO. They're very fitting. :)

TEEMONT
09-19-2008, 12:05 PM

I didn't win by anything, the Steelers beat the Browns, not you. And they did it in Cleveland in ****** weather. Dallas may beat the Steelers, but I'll reserve that prediction for after this week. Seeing as you thought the stains O was in the leagues elite when you were **** talking in the preseason, the Eagles must be nasty. If the Steelers beat the eagles in Philly, and you can mark this down, they will go to the Super Bowl. The clowns get to play the texans too, thats the wonderful thing about the schedule. Both teams play pretty much the same teams (except the clowns get a few second place division teams, and not first place).

I will give you this though, the Steelers have it easier b/c they ge to play the Browns twice.

abandon ship....Go Cowboys!

ToothAche
09-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Cowboys are America's biggest bandwagon team. Stick with the Clown's, you would be their #1 fan (or 1 and only fan ).

LarryNJ
09-19-2008, 05:05 PM
I will give you this though, the Steelers have it easier b/c they ge to play the Browns twice.

:hilarious::hilarious:
That's a great line!:yellowthumb:

Dean Denton
09-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Kornhiser doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground, I swear these people that get hired to commentate sports games and do journalist work for publications have to be some of the most simple minded people you can possibly meet. They're so influenced by what everybody else says that you can predict exactly what their opinion will be based on the games they do each week. So do you know how to send a request to ESPN to bring back Dennis Miller and get rid of this Jack Stick?

Stairwayto7
09-19-2008, 10:39 PM

10 straight, you need to come with more than that. Now dallas would whip us! Dude go back to the arcade, your HARDLY CONVINCING here!

Forged in Steel
09-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Packers-Steelers superbowl would be nice....just a thought.

Steelers vs Cowboys would be nice with the Steelers winning by a score of 27-17! :yellowthumb: