PDA

View Full Version : Gospel III

FC FURY
09-18-2008, 09:19 AM
http://www.steelerfury.com/articles/title/Gospel-IIIWar-of-PA/

The Steelers are 2-0...I have zero respect for the Texans or Browns; I viewed both teams as “losing teams”(less then 8 wins) entering the season. The Steelers travel to the city of “Brotherly Love” as 3 point underdogs in a very hostile environment...I believe the Steelers must come out on fire in all three aspects of the game (Offense, Defense, Special teams) to eliminate the rowdy Philadelphia crowd. I have gone back and forth all week about this game…On paper the Eagles match up very well with the Steelers…Attacking defense….Mobile QB with a strong arm…Superstar multi- purpose half back…Three great corners…Mammoth Oline…Defensive line rotation of 8 quality players…The Steelers better bring there “A” game this week or they could be sent back to Western PA with there first defeat and plenty of questions about the future.

Did you know?

AZ_Steeler
09-18-2008, 02:52 PM
I think at this point in the season it's easy to give the advantage in the passing game to the Eagles... afterall their first game was against Detroit which Aaron Rodgers lit up as well! The Steelers haven'treally had to go to the air yet because they haven't been tested and they haven't been behind. The Steelers have only really passed when they had to and nothing more because their games ahve already been decided late so they resort to the running game to kill he clock.

I think this is the game where the Steelers really start open up the passing attack and we really get to see what they are capable of. Big Ben hasn't really spread the ball around much, but I think we'll see a completely different Steelers passing attack this game and will catch the Eagles off gaurd.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Im anxious to see our passing game get really cranked up. The Eagles have played in 2 games where they were able to throw up and down the field all day. Our first game we were efficient but our defense was also so efficient that it didn't take much for our offense to get up big early and stay in front with the ground game.

Good stuff Fury as always!

K Train
09-18-2008, 05:13 PM
i think we need to stop calling the eagles corners great....sheldon brown is very average at best, lito is good in coverage but absolutely worthless in run support and samuel is about as overrated as they come...theres not nnamdi on this team, no bailey, no cromartie....just wannabes

BlitzburghRockCity
09-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Lito & Sheldon are pretty good in coverage but the rely on the front 7 a lot to stop the run which is good because Samuel is way overrated IMO too.

Dawkins is good but is getting up there and isn't as quick as he used to be. If you can get a step on him he can be beat.