PDA

View Full Version : Trade Rumor-Steelers from PFT so read at your own risk

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-12-2006, 11:34 PM
STEELERS INTERESTED IN PORTER, MOSS

A league source tells us that the Pittsburgh Steelers are interested in trading for Raiders receivers Jerry Porter and Randy Moss.

We're told that the Steelers prefer Porter, primarily because he would come with a lower salary and less of a media circus.

Due to a contract that was heavy on bonus money, Porter's salary is only $1 million per year through 2009. Published reports indicate that the Raiders want Porter to refund $4 million of his eight-figure million signing bonus in exchange for his freedom.

Moss is signed through 2008, at salaries of $9.75 million and $11.25 million in each of the next two seasons.

Per the source, the Steelers believe that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's poor start has more to do with a less-than-impressive receiving corps than his June 12 trampoline routine off of a Chrysler. Hines Ward has a bad hamstring, Santurdio is inexperienced, Nate Washington is still growing into his role, and Cedrick Wilson is regarded within the building as soft.

So can a trade go down by the league's October 17 deadline? A lot would have to happen. But with the Steelers interested in either guy, they might be in the best position to get one of them.

And although the prevailing thinking is that any deal would involve one or more draft picks flowing out of Pittsburgh, we wouldn't be surprised to hear the name "Joey Porter" arise in any eventual trade talks. Porter has been unhappy with his salary, and there's a growing school of thought that Porter's desire to get paid has prompted him to abandon any genuine efforts to be a team leader.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Complete bunch of shiate ! The Steelers wouldn't go after Moss if you paid them. Not only is he too expensive, but his attitude sux.

Joey Porter would never abandon his team mates no matter what his contract status is. He's loyal to BC and his team mates to the end. Besides we're far too thin at LB to think about getting rid of him right now.

House of Steel
10-12-2006, 11:52 PM
I know I was laughing about all this, Philly sent this in my PM and I was like, putting a red flag up and saying oh what a bunch of bullshit worse than finding a shrimp in the Monoghaliea( misp. Oops) river.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2006, 11:54 PM
I caught a Lobster in the Ohio once :hilarious:

House of Steel
10-12-2006, 11:55 PM
Are you dead serious? NO WAY!!! How the hell could a lobster go 1,000 miles inland from an ocean or bay? GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2006, 11:58 PM
He hitched a ride on a "brown" floating down the river... :greengrin:

House of Steel
10-13-2006, 12:21 AM
OH NO!!!! DAMN LOBSTER, he deserve to be eaten.

Koopa
10-13-2006, 12:25 AM
it's a bunch of bs, we have nothing worht a randy moss, and we don't need porter........but moss would be badass here, ben can actually have a wr that isn't a midget

BlitzburghRockCity
10-13-2006, 12:28 AM
So we trade in a midget for a giant with an attitude to match... no thanks :lol:

Koopa
10-13-2006, 12:30 AM
no, i didn't say that, i just said he would be badass cause we wouldn't have nothing but midgets, i don't want him here....just think he'd be badass lol, doesn't make sense but oh well lol

BlitzburghRockCity
10-13-2006, 12:45 AM
You miss Plax that much huh :lol:

Koopa
10-13-2006, 12:47 AM
i liked plax, and you know damn well you did too, just when he changed jerseys is when the steeler nation turned on him lol....the way the steelers are playing these last few weeks calvin johnson isn't a reach lol

BlitzburghRockCity
10-13-2006, 12:49 AM
I hear Yancey Thigpen wants to come back :lol:

I supported Plax 100% when he was with us but I did bitch about him and his underachieving, complaining *** on more than a few occasions :lol:

House of Steel
10-13-2006, 12:52 AM
Too bad we couldn't get Carnell Lake and Rod Woodson back.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-13-2006, 12:57 AM
Rod Woodson, DJ Johnson, Ike Taylor, Bryant McFadden..Carnell Lake and Troy Polamalu, Anthony Smith & Ryan Clark in our secondary. Yeah we'd be beastin on everyone !

House of Steel
10-13-2006, 12:59 AM
OUCH, that would a dynasty secondary, MAN!!!!

augustashark
10-13-2006, 01:15 AM
I'm with Koopa on this one. The first time Ben goes deep for a 70yrd td to Moss everyone on this board would be like "yea baby I knew he could do it" come on admit it.

Steelersfan
10-13-2006, 01:31 AM
To be honest I don't think Moss is anywhere near what he was with the Vikings. Granted he hasn't had anyone to throw the ball to him in Oakland. I think he could still be a very good WR but I think he is happy with the money he got and doesn't have a care in the world about winning.
Just my opinion of him now.

suitanim
10-13-2006, 10:46 AM
PFT is good for funny pictures, and that's about it. No way would the Steelers ever trade for Porter...his attitude is so bad he makes Plaxico Burress look like Jerome Bettis. No, the Raiders want to get rid of him, and he wants out of Oakland, but there are no takers...it's a match made in Heaven, and they are stuck with each other.

And Moss is right out...all the above PLUS a giant ego and a giant paycheck.

Steelerlyn
10-13-2006, 10:49 AM
OOPs! Sorry I just posted this same article!~ That rag has hit a new low!~

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-13-2006, 12:48 PM
OOPs! Sorry I just posted this same article!~ That rag has hit a new low!~

Nothing is too low for that site.

AZ_Steeler
10-13-2006, 12:56 PM
The thing about PFT is it's a rumormill and that's it! Sometimes though they do post up some rumors that actually do happen becuase some of their "inside" sources are legit. For the most part though you can't really read into what they print up too much.

I have heard Moss and Jerry Porter are on the block but I haven't heard the Steelers mentioned in that topic. The only teams I have heard are Moss to the Ravens and possibly Jerry Porter to the Vikings :dunno: but nothing about these 2 going to the Steelers.

As for Joey Porter... we all know he is unhappy and he even said for himself during camp that he wasn't going to be the leader he was just going to go out and do what he is suppose to do. I would need to dig around for the article but those were his words.

Forged in Steel
10-13-2006, 01:08 PM
The Rooney's would never do something like that. Randy Moss and Jerry Porters attitude's suck b***s. So that seems to be a bunch of :willybs: to me!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-13-2006, 03:25 PM
The Steelers could trade for Randy Moss. But the chances of that happening are as good as a monkey flying out of my ***.

Blitzburgh55
10-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Hell no
thats never gonna happen
:willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs:

House of Steel
10-14-2006, 11:38 AM
NBC SPORTS is saying this trade rumor is now legit. What the hell is going on in that front office to consider a player like Randy Moss or Jerry Porter? They would trade draft picks for this.

Captcoolhand
10-14-2006, 11:58 AM
You guys don't think Moss would make an impact for this team?:2cents:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-14-2006, 12:30 PM
I think Randy Moss when he wants to play 100 percent could make an impact for any team. But the Steelers are not going to trade for Randy Moss. So its not really worth discussing.

Steelx
10-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Randy Moss is a smart player but he is going to show you with his play if your team is not good. If your team, your QB, Your Line, sucks he is not going to go 100% I think playing with the Steelers he would be in a situation where he would want to play and succeed. I think he would fit perfectly here. He is not going to get away with his shinanigans with Cowher.

Steelersfan
10-14-2006, 01:30 PM
I don't see how the Steelers would even have the cap room to sign Moss. Porter yes, Moss no. Not without giving up somebody else with a good size contract.

PITT23
10-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Moss is a well above average WR and I'm sure whichever team he goes to he can help and he would really help us. The Steelers are above picking up a player with his attitude though even if he could be a guy for Ben to throw to a lot of the time. He's very athletic but his career, like Terrell Owens, is ruined by other incidents.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Well if the Steelers can ship Joey Porter to Oakland....

Steelx
10-14-2006, 02:07 PM
I am also hearing that he would go to Jax which would be another good fit.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-14-2006, 02:37 PM
That would be a bit odd. Jax already had HUGE wr's and from what I understand they are pretty happy with them..I wouldn't think Jack DelRio would want a Moss like headache, but you never know I guess.

PITT23
10-14-2006, 03:29 PM
NBC SPORTS is saying this trade rumor is now legit. What the hell is going on in that front office to consider a player like Randy Moss or Jerry Porter? They would trade draft picks for this.

You guys don't think Moss would make an impact for this team?:2cents:

There you go, the answer to your question. Right now we're a team playing very poorly especially on offense and we need to win some games.

AZ_Steeler
10-14-2006, 03:52 PM
I saw this report too yesterday but the way they had it worded I didn't understand what they were trying to say (foxsports.com). There is no way the Steelers have room for a Moss even if they dump Porter to Oakland. Unless of course they let Hines go too :dunno: gotta make room for a new WR

House of Steel
10-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Trading Hines Ward wouldn't go too well with the Steeler Nation. Oh your talking some major hellish feelings.

blackNgold22
10-14-2006, 05:07 PM
The question is: at what point do we take great players over great attitudes? Not right now IMO but if we finish this season at 6-10 or worse then we may want to think about guys like Moss.

PITT23
10-14-2006, 05:09 PM
Porter has just been suspended by the Raiders so he may really want to get the hell out of there quickly. Not sure if this inpacts us but it impacts a possible trade to someone.

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders suspended disgruntled wide receiver Jerry Porter for four games without pay Saturday for conduct detrimental to the team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2625466

House of Steel
10-14-2006, 05:15 PM
I don't know what to believe anymore, but I am getting a feeling something is going to happen before the trade deadline, I don't know if it would involve us, but I would be shocked if we gotten Randy Moss or Jerry Porter.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-14-2006, 05:16 PM
Heck I think everyone would want to jump at a chance. to get off that sinking ship in Oakland.

PITT23
10-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Heck I think everyone would want to jump at a chance. to get off that sinking ship in Oakland.

See here (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?p=23012#post23012) :hilarious:

K Train
10-15-2006, 12:38 AM
Theres not a player in the leagur worth joey and hines, joey and wilson mabey, he has sucked so far, or joey and like a 4th or 5th round pick.