PDA

View Full Version : Ben Is Ready

PITT23
07-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Well Big Ben did the run test yesterday and said he's ready to play. I'm now confident that he is infact ready for this season and the players and coaches are confident too.

SteelCityMan786
07-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Yep, I see him throwing a few passes to Santonio and Hines on Opening night caught for some big gains.

Steelersfan
07-30-2006, 02:23 PM
That's good to hear. Hopefully it doesn't have any affect on him when the real games start.

PITT23
07-30-2006, 02:25 PM
"It was important for me. A lot of guys were asking me, 'Are you really going to run? You don't have to go out and prove anything to us.' But it was important for me to get out there and show the guys and coaches that I'm out here and I'm going to give it my all."

"I'm probably wondering about it as much as the coaches, but it depends on how I feel," said Roethlisberger. "If I go out there and feel light-headed or dizzy, which would be news to me, then that's different. But as of right now, I plan on going out there, being with the first group and going strong.

http://news.steelers.com/article/66267/

Aunkster
07-30-2006, 02:40 PM
This is excellent news

Steelx
07-30-2006, 11:59 PM
I just saw him chucking the ball around with the first team on ESPN!!! Good news for the team.

Koopa
07-31-2006, 03:51 AM
i read that he got picked and a few passes batted down. hopefully it's just rust or that we are gonna be badass on D lol. i'm really glad ben is ready, we would've probably sucked without him

PITT23
07-31-2006, 10:07 AM
I thought that Ben was supposed to wearing one of those Peyton Manning style helmets because of his injuries but Im pretty sure he was wearing a normal looking one like he's been wearing.

Steelersfan
07-31-2006, 11:12 AM
Guess he did pretty good for the first day. Banged his thumb again.

Roethlisberger was very sharp during the initial portions of practice. His passes were crisp and on target, but then during 11-on-11 he was intercepted by Deshea Townsend on a pass intended for Nate Washington. Later, Cowher said Roethlisberger banged his thumb on a helmet during the follow-through on the throw but the quarterback didn't miss a repetition.

http://news.steelers.com/article/66311/

PITT23
07-31-2006, 11:15 AM
An interception in the first 11 on 11 drill of the year is fine with me. Im just happy hes playing and not dead. He still needs to take his first hit before anyone can be fully confident.

Steelersfan
07-31-2006, 11:19 AM
I'm sure the first time he gets hit it will be all over the news.....lol I can't imagine his face is fully healed but it must be getting close. Thye don't say too much about it.

PITT23
08-04-2006, 09:59 AM
In other news about Big Ben, he wont be wearing the Revolution helmet which he was supposed to since the accident.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_464525.html

The one he's keeping is on the right...
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2006-08-02/0803helmets-a.jpg

BlitzburghRockCity
08-04-2006, 11:29 PM
Ben is definately ready to go. We'll see how he does in preseason when he starts taking some hits and see how he holds up but Im definately encouraged so far !

Steelersfan
08-05-2006, 01:18 AM
That's the only thing I am worried about with him right now. Will feel a lot better once he gets those first hits out of the way and we see how he reacts.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-05-2006, 07:25 AM
Any player in the NFL worth his weight in gold will always tell you... yeah I feel good, Im ready to go, no problem, blah blah blah, but its how they do when they take a hit and get in real game time speed situations that will tell you how they have really progressed. We've been fortunate that Ben didn't miss any significant practice sessions or drills and was able to continue working out to stay in shape.

Steelersfan
08-05-2006, 06:35 PM
I don't see him playing a whole lot in the preseason. I'm thinking we will be running mostly when Ben is in to 1 - protect him and 2 - get a good look at our backs.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-05-2006, 06:44 PM
One good thing is most of our divisional games are not at the beginning of the season when you know the browns, bengals, and ratbirds will be out for blood and they'd love nothing more than to take Ben out of the game. We're gonna get every teams best shot this year therefore making the divisional games all the more intense.

Steelersfan
08-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Every team we play will be out to beat us. I just hope the guys stay focused and don't get caught up in certain games. It's a long season and another SB win should be what they keep their eye on.