PDA

View Full Version : Interesting tidbits from the Stains game

Stlrs4Life
09-16-2008, 11:14 PM
This might come as a surprise to you, but the Cleveland football fans weren't exactly friendly to their visitors from Pittsburgh Sunday night. "We saw a lot of middle fingers and heard a lot of f-bombs," Steelers linebacker Larry Foote said.

Imagine that.

How rude!

Pittsburgh fans would never be so obnoxious.

Of course they wouldn't.

But I digress ...

This was before the game, before the Steelers won, 10-6, with a performance that, though hardly dominant, was good enough to give them an early two-game lead over the Browns in the AFC North Division. Most of the Steelers ignored the taunts from Cleveland's great unwashed and went about their warm-ups at the end of the stadium near the infamous Dawg Pound. Not Foote and linebacker James Farrior. They moseyed over and gave the business right back to the, for lack of a better word, dawgs.

"We told 'em it was a puppy pound, not a dawg pound," Farrior said.

That didn't hurt nearly as much as this:

"I told 'em to cheer for us, not a losing team," Farrior said.

Ouch.

"They were egging us on, telling us to come into the stands. Like they were going to do something to us," Foote said, rolling his eyes.

The abuse continued during the game. Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward especially was targeted after he dropped what should have been a touchdown pass in the second quarter. "They were just killing me after that," he said. "They were saying a lot of mean stuff about me and about my mama. I mean, c'mon guys, I'm here to play football. Leave my mama out of it."

Wouldn't you know Ward caught an 11-yard touchdown pass from Ben Roethlisberger on the play after the drop? Now, it was his turn to have some fun. He scratched like a dog in the end zone grass, right in front of the very same dawgs. "Just marking my spot," he said, grinning. "That silenced 'em."

Ward, Farrior, Foote and the rest got the last laugh. "We didn't have to say anything walking off the field. The scoreboard said it all," Foote said. It was the Steelers' 10th consecutive victory against the Browns and their 16th in the past 17 games in the series. Foote, in his seventh NFL season, has never lost at Cleveland Browns Stadium.

"Never. Not there or in Cincinnati," he said.

"It's like the big brother beating up on the little brother all the time. The little brother can't help but get discouraged.

"They know it's our division."

Farrior enjoyed this latest victory just as much, but it's going to cost him a bundle. Late in the third quarter, during a timeout when the Steelers' medical staff tended to injured safety Ryan Clark on the field, Farrior took offense at a pocket of fans cheering Clark's injury. One made an obscene gesture to him.

You might guess what happened next.

"I gave it right back to him," Farrior said.

Referee Tony Corrente announced the penalty on Farrior as "taunting."

That sounds just a bit more dignified than "throwing the bird."

Still, it gave the Browns a first down and led to their first field goal.

"It was stupid," Farrior said. "I never should have done it or been involved in that situation. I know better than that. It could have cost us the game."

Farrior's fine from the NFL probably will be significant. Commissioner Roger Goodell is never happy when one of the players flips off a paying customer, no matter how rude and obnoxious that paying customer might be.

"I'll take my lumps, pay my fine and move on," Farrior said.

The man wasn't kidding about taking his lumps.

Hearing from the league is one thing. Hearing from coach Mike Tomlin is another.

I'm sure the coach appreciates that Farrior rushed to a teammate's defense, but he can't possibly like his players taking undisciplined, unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in close games any more than Goodell likes the players giving the middle finger to the fans,

"I'll be trying to avoid him this week," Farrior said of Tomlin.

Good luck with that.

Farrior thought he heard an earful from the barking dawgs?

He hasn't heard anything yet.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08260/912485-66.stm

BlitzburghNation
09-17-2008, 02:40 AM
:clap: Way to go Farrior :haha:

Clowns fans always seem to talk a good game,,,,,Also a good traing camp,,,,and how there going to the playoffs,,,,,,and how there gonna be the north champs :scratch:

But in the end ,,,,,Its the same old Dawg http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/pileofsteamingshxt01.gif and I truly believe that the weather was the only thing that saved them stains from being blown out !!!!!

Hines would'nt have dropped a couple and Holmes would've been thrown to deep for at least 1 TD

Heard they had a flash flood warning after the game,,,,,,:scratch:

From all them clown fan's http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/t2314.gif

Clevelandsux
09-17-2008, 06:54 AM
Yes the weather was horrible here in NE Ohio. Mostly high winds. About 350,000 people were without power.I agree, the Browns offense was lathargic. Had the weather been better we would have blown them away.

I watched the gameover last night. Did anyone see #52 for the Browns (I think it's dqell Jackson) sack Ben on the first series. He then managed to kick Ben in the head (i'm sure no accident).

Alot of people were yelling about the Rogers hit, but nobody noticed this.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-17-2008, 06:59 AM
Wow imagine that, Cleveland fans acting like a bunch of asses, tell me it ain't so!! :evilshake:

steelersgal86
09-17-2008, 08:18 AM
Wow imagine that, Cleveland fans acting like a bunch of asses, tell me it ain't so!! :evilshake:

:ditto: Way to go Farrior :tt02:

All I keep hearing on the news around here...is how the browns are pumped...they were able to hold such a GREAT TEAM to 10 pts....The weather had nothing to do with it...:willybs::willybs:

NOVA STEELERS
09-17-2008, 09:28 AM
That's all we ever hear from clown's fan's is :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: I definately think the weather played a big part in the game being as close as it was.

I was also :cursin: at the kick to Ben's head as well as FatA** rogers throwing his mellon and shoulder into Ben after he released the ball and nothing was called :willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs:

But yet Woodley ( I think) gets called for a late hit on Anderson when he was in the air when the ball was released. :evilshake: :evilshake: :evilshake: :evilshake:

Stairwayto7
09-17-2008, 11:54 AM
its frustrating getting your a$$ handed to you ten games straight, at least thats what I hear

BlitzburghRockCity
09-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Because the browns are such a super bowl contender this year they are 0-2 against playoff teams from a year ago. Tell me again how great they are, I haven't heard about it for the last 20 minutes! :evilshake:

steelerschick1220
09-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Clowns fans talked trash and acted like a bunch of jerks? What a huge surprise. However, I guess losing to the same team 10 straight times would do that to you. Not that I would know. I don't feel to bad for Farrior. I can't say that I wouldn't have done the same thing if I had been in his postion. Now Tomlin, he may have a difference of opinion on the matter.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-17-2008, 03:35 PM
:cope:I hope Tomlin rewards Farrior or at the very least pay his fine 4 him:crossfingers:,The Clowns suck,:rant2: they should b banned from the N.F.L an where is that bum of an fan who would come n here posting after every preseason game talking smack about how good the Clowns look?:cursin:when will these Sh** stains fans learn that we own them?Get an real team b4 coming n here smack talking LOSERS.:yellowthumb:

Brady Quinn
09-17-2008, 04:09 PM
BOTH TEAMS HAD TO DEAL WITH THE WEATHER AND BOTH LOOKED BAD. WE JUST DID NOT HAVE THE BIG PLAY WHEN WE NEEDED IT.

dawgs
09-17-2008, 06:46 PM
scoring only 10pts aganist one of the worst defense in the game is nothing to get all happy about. The game was a wash, and gave the steleers a HUGE edge. I really did not think this game would be close after I heard the weather report.

Browns need to get healthy and just do what they do. Air the ball out. Still alot of time left.

Did that article really say steeler fans would not treat the browns fans bad?? wow, complete morons right there. I've been to shitsburg for games, and steeler fans no question do the same stuff. just like a dolphins fan going to a cowboys game or whatever. thats the nature of the beast.

Stairwayto7
09-17-2008, 06:50 PM
scoring only 10pts aganist one of the worst defense in the game is nothing to get all happy about. The game was a wash, and gave the steleers a HUGE edge. I really did not think this game would be close after I heard the weather report.

Browns need to get healthy and just do what they do. Air the ball out. Still alot of time left.

Again excuses. Air the ball out to who? Read the local papers, its Wed and thier still complaining that edwards is over rated, he drops everything, and that has nothing to do with missing practice.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

BOTH TEAMS HAD TO DEAL WITH THE WEATHER AND BOTH LOOKED BAD. WE JUST DID NOT HAVE THE BIG PLAY WHEN WE NEEDED IT.

And neither did we! Ben hit Willie Parker deep right in the hands in double coverage on the 2, and Willie dropped the ball. Hines Ward dropped an easy TD, unusual, but true. But Ben still played descent despite the weather and his injury, even after the cheapshot.

dawgs
09-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Again excuses. Air the ball out to who? Read the local papers, its Wed and thier still complaining that edwards is over rated, he drops everything, and that has nothing to do with missing practice.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

And neither did we! Ben hit Willie Parker deep right in the hands in double coverage on the 2, and Willie dropped the ball. Hines Ward dropped an easy TD, unusual, but true. But Ben still played descent despite the weather and his injury, even after the cheapshot.

Well we all know Ewards is a big time play maker. He had missed alot of practice with the cut, but there's no reason he should be dropping passes. wide open one's to. But you gotta keep throwing the ball. Ewards, winslow, stallworth when he gets back, thats are game.

I hate making excuses, but its no serect the browns have been hit with the injury bug more then any other team. But other guys just need to step up. I got faith in my boy's that they can do that.

Dean Denton
09-17-2008, 06:56 PM

Did that article really say steeler fans would not treat the browns fans bad?? wow, complete morons right there. I've been to shiatsburg for games, and steeler fans no question do the same stuff. just like a dolphins fan going to a cowboys game or whatever. thats the nature of the beast.
The Browns need to get healthy? Why? They suck anyways. Tom Brady couldn't help that pack of losers. If you dressed the 85 Bears in Browns uni's, they would still suck, and lose to teams like USC or Washington Huskies. Hell, I'll go as far as to say my High School football team plays better Def than any Browns team in the last ten years....

Stairwayto7
09-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Still Edwards will make a few plays but he was second in the NFL last year in drops, and is already leading this year. Owens has been known to drop a few passes, but he owns them when the games is on the line. Stalworth also has been labeld a dropper, and he is injury prone, I wouldn`t expect much from him. Your best bet is getting Joe J. back.
Understand the injuries, but so far at least all your stars are healthy. It will probably too late before you get everyone back anyway.
What teams has as bad of CB`s as your team, and totally ignores that in the off season.
Prediction. Romeo Gone Week 14!

Dean Denton
09-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Still Edwards will make a few plays but he was second in the NFL last year in drops, and is already leading this year. Owens has been known to drop a few passes, but he owns them when the games is on the line. Stalworth also has been labeld a dropper, and he is injury prone, I wouldn`t expect much from him. Your best bet is getting Joe J. back.
Understand the injuries, but so far at least all your stars are healthy. It will probably too late before you get everyone back anyway.
What teams has as bad of CB`s as your team, and totally ignores that in the off season.
Prediction. Romeo Gone Week 14! My friend told mt about Edwards leading the league in drops on Monday. Thats funny. The Browns are crap. there best player cant even hold onto the ball.
Week 14 for the coach seems a bit long. They could be 0-14 by then. Thats a long time to let him hang around......lol

SteelerSteve
09-17-2008, 07:15 PM
:ditto: Way to go Farrior :tt02:

All I keep hearing on the news around here...is how the browns are pumped...they were able to hold such a GREAT TEAM to 10 pts....The weather had nothing to do with it...:willybs::willybs: You lost people! last time I checked thats not a time to celebrate:duh:

DBR96A
09-17-2008, 07:19 PM
You lost people! last time I checked thats not a time to celebrate:duh:

Whenever you lose 10 straight to a team you don't like, you begin to settle for "keeping it close," or subjective crap like "moral victories."

SteelerSteve
09-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Well we all know Ewards is a big time play maker. He had missed alot of practice with the cut, but there's no reason he should be dropping passes. wide open one's to. But you gotta keep throwing the ball. Ewards, winslow, stallworth when he gets back, thats are game.

I hate making excuses, but its no serect the browns have been hit with the injury bug more then any other team. But other guys just need to step up. I got faith in my boy's that they can do that.
Finally decided to show up? I'm impressed. So dawgs, I thought the Browns were gonna own us? Thats what you said right? That didn't happen, they lost and were outplayed! look at the stats! yards/play, total yards etc. Now your just making excuses because the only one that really matters in the end is the score and now we have a win you have a loss. End of story.

Stlrs4Life
09-17-2008, 07:26 PM

Did that article really say steeler fans would not treat the browns fans bad?? wow, complete morons right there. I've been to shiatsburg for games, and steeler fans no question do the same stuff. just like a dolphins fan going to a cowboys game or whatever. thats the nature of the beast.

BS, I am a season ticketholder in Pittsburgh, and I guarantee you don't see 3/4 oif the BS from our fans. Well for 1 thing you only see a handful of Stain fans there in the first place. I see more Steeler fans fighting each other than, messing with any other fan. A friend of mine who is a Cowboys fan went to the game in Cleveland, and he said in the lots the Stain fans weren't too badm, but once he got in the Stadium, he almost got into 9 fights. That's BS.

Stairwayto7
09-17-2008, 08:25 PM
10 straight wins does not qualify as a rivalry.

steelerschick1220
09-17-2008, 09:36 PM
10 straight wins does not qualify as a rivalry.

You're right. Itis now an ownage. LOL.

Clevelandsux
09-18-2008, 06:28 PM

Did that article really say steeler fans would not treat the browns fans bad?? wow, complete morons right there. I've been to shiatsburg for games, and steeler fans no question do the same stuff. just like a dolphins fan going to a cowboys game or whatever. thats the nature of the beast. (quote)

Typical Clowns fans trying to make themselves feel better about themselves. Yes the weather did play a factor. There was a high winds which made it hard to throw. We won because we are a better team. Ben didn't throw Int's in the red zone like Anderson. Ward and Holmes made catches that edwards and Winslow dropped. The Steelers defense made stops when needed. Ben burned the Browns on how many 3rd downs? Willie Parker ran for over 100 yards. How many did Jamal Lewis have. You were dominated, although the scoreboard may not have shown it.

We only scored 10 points because that's all we needed to score. I'd be more embarrased about only scoring 6 points.Hey I guess we can't beat you 41-0 everytime, right? All I hear from Clowns fans is excuses. Our qb had a bum shoulder, but we still won. Enjoy competing for last place with Cincinnati.

Mechem
09-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Lol our QB had a bum shoulder, Mcfadden's facemask committed a penalty, and Shaun Rogers fat *** was not big enough for ref's to see, oh and it was pouring rain.

Browns fans... god what a joke.

Its like cheering for Ralph Nader every election, no kidding he aint gonna win.

Mechem
09-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Um who saw this on yahoo...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-browns-sackedsack&prov=ap&type=lgns

Yep, now we can detract Cleveland's sacks after the game.