PDA

View Full Version : Philly-Pittsburgh Super Bowl?

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Could this be a pre-lude of what's to come?Being a Steelers fan since birth,i realized that this could happen.It never did god bless my pop.
Could it really happen?

Black@Gold Forever32
09-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Wow.......One thread has proclaimed us the division champs already...Now there is Super Bowl talk....lol

Its week 2 and this team has beaten the Texans and Browns...........lol There is much football left to be played....

AZ_Steeler
09-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Wow.......One thread has proclaimed us the division champs already...Now there is Super Bowl talk....lol

Its week 2 and this team has beaten the Texans and Browns...........lol There is much football left to be played....

You don't sit at your desk during the day wondering what might happen this year? :) I would rather see the Cowboys and Steelers to be honest!

AZ_Steeler
09-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Granted the Super Bowl is 5 months or so away but I try not to think about it too much :D

Black@Gold Forever32
09-15-2008, 08:25 PM
You don't sit at your desk during the day wondering what might happen this year? :) I would rather see the Cowboys and Steelers to be honest!

Nope........not anymore....Many times I have thought this team was going to the Super Bowl to only to be disappointed.....Its week 2 for crying out loud.....The Super Bowl is far from my mind...My only thought about the Steelers is the upcoming Eagles game...

Dean Denton
09-15-2008, 08:26 PM
this should have been the superbowl in 2004, but New england cheated, andwe were left out in the cold....

AZ_Steeler
09-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Nope........not anymore....Many times I have thought this team was going to the Super Bowl to only to be disappointed.....

Ah yes... the Cowher years!!! ;)

steelerschick1220
09-15-2008, 08:30 PM
I try not to entertain thoughts of the super bowl until the playoffs start. Like someone else said, I myself would rather see a Cowboys/Steelers bowl, but it is too early to even be thinking of such things. :)

Black@Gold Forever32
09-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Ah yes... the Cowher years!!! ;)

I'm not the cheer leading type and never will be.....I say whats on my mind and if people have a problem with it...I could careless....:lol: I'm not going to change for anyone and I'm not trying to make friends either....

Sorry 2-0 means nothing to me......We're not fans of the Detroit Lions were a 2-0 start would be exciting....Play-offs are expected and anything less is failure in my eyes.....

BlitzburghRockCity
09-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Now back to reality, it's week 2, dare to dream :lol:

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-15-2008, 08:36 PM
My father and i used to ponder the thought of my steelers and his eagles going to a super bowl.never happened and he is gone now.but i still would not mind two teams so rich in related history being able to play a Pa. Bowl.Pop loved them,i never hated them,but they always go for the throat.I know from history they are not to be taken lightly when these two teams match up.We need this win for personal reasons.

Stairwayto7
09-15-2008, 08:52 PM
I would like to win this week, then next week, and so on

yinzer
09-15-2008, 08:53 PM
the battle of the keystone state!!!! that would be awesome!!!

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-15-2008, 09:20 PM
This thread is a dream.A what-if dream.Never made a prediction,just a good old fashioned what if?i love the Steelers!!My pop liked the Eagles.When they play eachother,i think of him and our coversations. I appollogize for coming across the wrong way.He helped get a lot of us,where we are today.I miss him,and i know that the Eagles will present a tough test for our formidable team next week.They always have,and i am glad we have a chance to view on national t.v. what we have:tt02: to look forward to next weekend at 4:15 est.

terrible.towel43
09-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Nope........not anymore....Many times I have thought this team was going to the Super Bowl to only to be disappointed.....Its week 2 for crying out loud.....The Super Bowl is far from my mind...My only thought about the Steelers is the upcoming Eagles game...

exactly my thoughts.

steelerfan11
09-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Yes it is way too early...

BUT..honestly i wouldn't want to see it and for only one reason. My dad works as a prison guard in the center of PA. The prison has inmates from pittsburgh and philly. I don't want to hear about riots and fights and who knows what else if that would happen.

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Guess the "Steagles" is a different thread. Might bring them closer together.It could be what happens in Pa. stays in Pa.(LOL):tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Eagles are getting owned right now....So its far to early declaring them the team to beat in the NFC.....A ton of football left to be played...

I agree it would be cool to see an all PA Super Bowl I guess...But Western, PA is so different the Eastern part of the state.....

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
Check that the Eagles come storming back and take the lead...lol When I left the room it was 14-3 Cowboys...lol

steelcitysfinestXL
09-15-2008, 10:30 PM
I agree with thise saying this is WAY too early to even say the word superdowl... BUT, how sick would it be if they held the PHI vs. PIT superbowl at BEAVER STADIUM State College,PA infront of 105,000 people!!!! I have said it forever, if the two teams were to make the SB, the league should SERIOUSLY consider this idea!!

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Yea sir but your post is now outdated.Watch these eagles,we will have to next sun.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Eagles are getting owned right now....So its far to early declaring them the team to beat in the NFC.....A ton of football left to be played...

I agree it would be cool to see an all PA Super Bowl I guess...But Western, PA is so different the Eastern part of the state.....

[AutoMerged Post Below]
Check that the Eagles come storming back and take the lead...lol When I left the room it was 14-3 Cowboys...lol

My girlfriend is making me watch Legally Blonde II after i had football on all weekend... this is BULLSHIAT i cant even watch whats gonna be a great game!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-15-2008, 10:36 PM
My girlfriend is making me watch Legally Blonde II after i had football on all weekend... this is BULLSHIAT i cant even watch whats gonna be a great game!!!

I hear you man....Feel for you Bro....Its nice you compromise......I don't do that and that is why I'm single....My ex girl friends can't handle my fandom of the NFL and the Steelers in particular....:lol:....You're a better man then me...lol

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-15-2008, 10:38 PM
I agree with thise saying this is WAY too early to even say the word superdowl... BUT, how sick would it be if they held the PHI vs. PIT superbowl at BEAVER STADIUM State College,PA infront of 105,000 people!!!! I have said it forever, if the two teams were to make the SB, the league should SERIOUSLY consider this idea!!

you go boy!!!!!! why can't a super bowl be played in the pa. winter weather!i always thought that playing in doors took something from the game,not to mention always playing some place summer -like.:tt02:

steelcitysfinestXL
09-15-2008, 10:45 PM
I hear you man....Feel for you Bro....Its nice you compromise......I don't do that and that is why I'm single....My ex girl friends can't handle my fandom of the NFL and the Steelers in particular....:lol:....You're a better man then me...lol

My girl was born and raised in North Side (walking distance from Three Rivers/Heinz Field) its safe to say she is a HUGE steelers fan. So ill never have to worry about missing the Steelers games, LOL! Ill compromise cause i'll never have to miss our games:cope:

MOTORKRAFT
09-15-2008, 11:20 PM
After watching the first half of Cowboys/Eagles I hope we don't have to play either of them. Ooops, Damn schedule !!!

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-15-2008, 11:23 PM
doesn't really matter anyway.We go rolling into Philly this Sunday no matter what. Just got sick of the browns talk and wanted to move on to next game.:tt02:

LarryNJ
09-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Being born and raised in Pgh. but living in the Philly area for the last 7 years I would love to see that match up. Over the last 7 years it has come very close to happening only to have one or both teams lose in the playoffs. It's way to early to even think about it, but it brought back recent memories of the Pens whooping the Flyers to move onto the Stanley Cup Finals! :)

For now I can only hope that we win on Sunday! It will make my Monday golf outing that much sweeter!

If you're not watching the Eagles/Cowboys game you're missing a great show!

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Being born and raised in Pgh. but living in the Philly area for the last 7 years I would love to see that match up. Over the last 7 years it has come very close to happening only to have one or both teams lose in the playoffs. It's way to early to even think about it, but it brought back recent memories of the Pens whooping the Flyers to move onto the Stanley Cup Finals! :)

For now I can only hope that we win on Sunday! It will make my Monday golf outing that much sweeter!

If you're not watching the Eagles/Cowboys game you're missing a great show!

Never miss a chance to spy on two of your future opponents at the same time. Philly got a lot of things to watch out for and i am looking forward to the match-up.They sure don't play our game. Man this is gonna be good!1:tt02:

Dean Denton
09-16-2008, 12:35 PM
After watching the monday night shoot out, I like our chances of going into Philly and beatin that booty. The strength of that team is the O-line and this is where the battle will be won or lost. I think both Dallas and Philly have crappy Def, and we should be able to light them up for big points. Again this is a game we should win by 2 or 3 scores. Our Def is by far better than Philly or Dallas.
Your thoughts....

steelerschick1220
09-16-2008, 01:29 PM
I watched most of the Eagles/Philly game and I feel pretty good about our chances going into sunday. Both of these teams had no defense to speak of, and if Romo could pass all over them, Ben should have no trouble at all doing it. Our D is better too. It should be a great game. Looking forward to it.

portcityblackandgold
09-16-2008, 01:31 PM
I must have fallen asleep. Somebody actually played some defense Monday night?:duh:

SteelfordWexler
09-16-2008, 01:43 PM
You know - we're just fans. Believe it or not - how we approach the game really doesn't matter (even if you forget to wear your lucky underwear) :lol:

No harm done by thinking about the super bowl after week 2.

Now the team -that is a different story - they need to take one week at a time etc, but I really doubt they post much.

Dean Denton
09-16-2008, 05:02 PM
I must have fallen asleep. Somebody actually played some defense Monday night?:duh: I missed the Def...When did that Happen?....lol

Stairwayto7
09-16-2008, 05:10 PM
I would rather see another Steelers vs. dallas superbowl. Get our sixth against the cowgirls

Dean Denton
09-16-2008, 05:14 PM
I would rather see another Steelers vs. dallas superbowl. Get our sixth against the cowgirls
I really think thats the sexy pick for the superbowl. We own them a beating for Superbowl 30 anyways. No way do we let them beat us for the six ring like we did for that fifth ring.

Forged in Steel
09-16-2008, 08:14 PM
I would rather see the Cowboys and Steelers to be honest!

I would also. The Steelers would get revenge for Super Bowl XXX.

steelerschick1220
09-16-2008, 08:39 PM
I missed the Def...When did that Happen?....lol

The only time that I remember there being any defense at all was when Dallas stopped Philly on the final drive to win the game. That is about it as far as I can recall.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-16-2008, 11:21 PM
Ok a couple points here.....First I think Ben is way better then Tony Romo...Big Ben in that Cowboys offense would be scary.....He would throw 40-45 TDs easily....But that doesn't mean that Ben will pass all over the Eagles defense since Romo did...

The Cowboys OL is so much better then the Steelers OL.....Romo also has TO....Say want you want about TO....Plus before you say I rather have Ward and Holmes garbage....I like our guys to....But my point is TO is a freak physically.....Perfect blend of size and speed....He dictates coverage.....Holmes dictates coverage with his speed but he doesn't have the size that TO has which causes serious matchup problems for DBs.....Ward is a very good WR but he is successful by his hard work and his smarts....Put Wards brain and heart in a body like TO and you would have the best WR in the history of the NFL potentially...

The Cowboys also have Jason Witten and they use him....They actually dial up plays for him consistently....Miller is very good to but is sometimes a forgotten man in this offense (even though he had a career high 47 receptions last year)...I still would like to see Miller's talents used more...

The Cowboys also have a physical beast at RB in Marion Barber......Fast Willie is the man and I love the guy but he doesn't wear a defense down physically like Barber does....

Tony Romo is a good NFL QB but I think he is in a situation to succeed more as a QB then Ben....Big Ben has to work hard to get his....Constantly excaping from pressure and having a OC that puts him in 3rd and long situations to many times without a WR like TO that can bail out a QB so easily....Again not a knock on our guys....