PDA

View Full Version : Mcfadden! What's everyones thoughts

Stairwayto7
09-15-2008, 09:31 AM
With Townsend out, I thought McFadden played a descent game. he had a few real nice plays. I`m still not sure that he is the answer, and with Towsends age we better find out quick, who is the answer.

On another note, I thought Troy had another good game, even the catch by winslow was a nice play, and lucky for winslow.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-15-2008, 10:14 AM
I think he played a very good game, solid all around. He was out of a position a couple times but overall he made some very solid tackles, and was instrumental in stopping that drive to end half when DA was moving down the field. With more experience and playing time I'd be content with him opposite Ike Taylor for awhile if Townsend needs to rest that heal. It's only been 2 games but so far he's been doing fine IMO.

If he does have a solid year it's going to be really hard to try and re-sign him so Gay could be an option we need to turn too next year since Townsends deal is up. I would imagine though we will be able to resign Deshea without too much issue. He's the type of guy that would be willing to stick around like Farrior is and take a home team discount if necessary.

NCSteeler
09-15-2008, 10:19 AM
I think with Troy being himself again it makes the rest of the secondary better all around, but Bryant's play was very solid. BTW, anyone see his brother got a key INT in the end of the Auburn/Miss game Saturday night. I bet he was giving Bryant a time about it and they can celebrate together today.

Iron City South
09-15-2008, 10:38 AM
McFadden benefited from poor weather/high winds. Can't really make a good assessment of him using this game.

TEEMONT
09-15-2008, 11:42 AM
I thought he played solid, but not spectacular. As much as I hate to agree with ICS, we can't really judge his play b/c the Browns didn't throw nearly as much as they would have liked to, due to the wind.

However, he was tackling solidly, and the wind makes it just as hard to play pass defense as it does to pass, and Bryant broke up a few passes. He isn't Deion, but he may b the next Deshea, he doesn't seem to have a part of his game that stands out. He is just good at it all.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-15-2008, 12:07 PM
McFadden benefited from poor weather/high winds. Can't really make a good assessment of him using this game.

Agreed plus he was playing against the Clowns, we will know more this week when we go 2 the Eagles.:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-15-2008, 01:16 PM
I thought he played solid, but not spectacular. As much as I hate to agree with ICS, we can't really judge his play b/c the Browns didn't throw nearly as much as they would have liked to, due to the wind.

However, he was tackling solidly, and the wind makes it just as hard to play pass defense as it does to pass, and Bryant broke up a few passes. He isn't Deion, but he may b the next Deshea, he doesn't seem to have a part of his game that stands out. He is just good at it all.

He played pretty well against Houston too but then again the whole defense did. I like that he's a solid tackler which is key, he made a few open field tackles and those are the hardest to make out in space like that. He'll definitely need to keep up the good play and get better because the best teams on our schedule are yet to come.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-15-2008, 01:33 PM
McFadden has always been solid....He is a solid consistent football player....Not elite but good enough...I would like to see him resigned but don't want the Steelers to break the bank for him either...

steelcitysfinestXL
09-15-2008, 01:40 PM
McFadden has always been solid....He is a solid consistent football player....Not elite but good enough...I would like to see him resigned but don't want the Steelers to break the bank for him either...

:plus1: B-Mac is very solid. and really, thats all we ask of our corners. He makes the plays he is supposed to make. I hope they can get a deal done with him, but being a Drew Rosenhaus guy it might be a lil more difficult. Esp if Deshea is gonna miss exctended time and Bryant plays at a high level this year!

Troyisabeast_43
09-15-2008, 02:43 PM
He did a great job on Braylon Edwards pretty much the whole game had a huge interception while covering him, and broke up that big 3rd down and 7 pass late in the 4th quarter when the Browns were driving to tie the game. He was a big big time contributor to why the Steelers won this game on defense. I think he seriously deserves a chance to start over Deshea if he keeps this kind of play up the next few weeks if Deshea cant go.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-15-2008, 02:57 PM
he plays a solid game. If the rest of the defense plays like it has been, he does not have to be a stand out player. He is just like any other DB, we don't want to be hearing his name called unless it's in run support.

AZ_Steeler
09-15-2008, 08:18 PM
McFadden is definitely coming into his own this year. Granted he has do it because of injuries but he's still off to a great start. He is right there with Troy for passes defended (3) and tied for third with total tackes (10). Against the Browns he picked up an interception, I guess it was a dead duck, but he at least caught the ball! :bigthumb:

I am pleased with him... He almost has me saying Deshea who?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-16-2008, 05:59 PM
The sad thing is he'll probably have his best year yet and the he'll bolt for more money and we'll lose him after all that time the coaches put into developing this guy. That's life in the NFL though, happens to everyone.

Deshea will probably stick around and we do have William Gay waiting in the wings but maybe we'll be able to bring him back next year for a big deal and move deshea to backup Safety especially if Anthony Smith doesn't do much this season.

Dean Denton
09-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Whats the deal with Anthony? I thought he was a big hitter? Is that only in practice, because He just seems to run his mouth, and taunt people. We might have to ship him to Oakland with the rest of the misfits toys....

Blitzburgh55
09-16-2008, 08:46 PM
I think McFadden is our best CB and all the DBs are playing great beacuse when Troy is play 100% he makes everyone 10 times better