PDA

View Full Version : **Update 9/16,Keisel week to week... When Keisel left, the pass rush went with him

BlitzburghRockCity
09-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Brett left the game in the 2nd quarter with a calf injury, I haven't heard any updates yet on it. Did you all notice that the pressure dropped off significantly when he left the game. Never let it be said again that the dude isn't a solid pass rusher and a guy that can hold his own against anybody. The Browns OL is pretty stoudt and there was a noticeable drop off when Eason came in for him.

Now granted the rotation gets screwed up because you're down 1 player so the DL gets more tired quickly but still the dude is a solid player and it showed today that he's not a weak link.

AZ_Steeler
09-15-2008, 01:32 AM
It's rather obvious now that the defense relies heavily on both Keisel and Aaron Smith. The Steelers lost Smith last year and the D never was the same. Tonight against the Browns Keisel left and the D couldn't get off the field.

For the Steelers to go anywhere this year Keisel and Smith will need to stay healthy. Eason just doesn't cut it! Kirschke is all right but I would much rather see the two cornerstones in there.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-15-2008, 01:34 AM
Im anxious to see what happens with his injury, I hope it's not bad because we definitely need him. Last year he didn't play that well but then again many of them didn't. He's a versatile player too, can lineup at LB in certain situations and confuse the offense more.

Stairwayto7
09-15-2008, 08:13 AM
I dont know if it was losing him or not. We come in waves, we either get to or three sacks in a series or we get nothing.

bonesetter58
09-15-2008, 08:24 AM
I have pulled my calf before playing rugby. Pain like you never want to feel again. The injury usually lasts for 2-3 weeks. And that is just ot get to walk straight. But there again the Steelers have some of the best trainers in the league!! Lets hope it is a strain and not a pull. Coming from a DE stand point the calfs are used quite a bit and Brett will need full recovery before getting back on the field or risk injury at every snap. We definitely benefit greatly from having the Deisel in the game!!

:tt02::helmet::cope::yellowthumb:

yinzer
09-15-2008, 09:06 AM
we rarely blitzed yesterday. it wasn't a "lack" of a pass rush.

Number99
09-15-2008, 09:12 AM
did not Aaron Smith get both of his sacks after 99 went down ? there wasnt much of a pass rush before he went down either. 99 will recover and the Steelers D will be fine

Stairwayto7
09-15-2008, 09:27 AM
we rarely blitzed yesterday. it wasn't a "lack" of a pass rush.

Thats my thoughts also.

Stlrs4Life
09-15-2008, 05:17 PM
There was a pass rush?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Depending on how you defense "blitz" though... we sent a lot of different people at DA last night and most times the pressure got there just a half step too late but it was starting to come together till Brett went down then it went completely away until midway through the 4th quarter when they started getting to him.

We didn't send the house at him all that often but we did mix things up alot and blitz in different ways, we always do that.

Koopa
09-15-2008, 05:47 PM
well the season just went down the tube........ keisel will be sidelined for the next 2 months according to the text i got

TEEMONT
09-15-2008, 05:59 PM
well the season just went down the tube........ keisel will be sidelined for the next 2 months according to the text i got

guess you can always look forward to the spurs...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Damnit, I knew it wasn't good last night when he was sitting there. Now it's up to Nick Eason to pick up the slack. This just screws up everything because our DL rotation is messed up and guys will have to play longer.

I know Eason played well in camp and against Houston but he did squat last night. Well strap up the helmets DL, you need to bring your A game even more now.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Keisel is out two months but Ben can play with his shoulder...Seems Keisel needs to suck it up and play....

Number99
09-15-2008, 06:09 PM
NUMBER 99 will be back sooner then later

Silverback 92
09-15-2008, 06:43 PM
NUMBER 99 will be back sooner then later

Lets hope any way

Dean Denton
09-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Lets hope any way
Last season went down the crapper when Smith went out. I hope the same thing doesn't happen with Brett. Eason should be ok. This really does mess up out rotation though. I'm just thankful it wasn't Smith again.

steelerschick1220
09-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Well, that sucks. Hopefully it isn't that long.

AZ_Steeler
09-15-2008, 08:15 PM
So now who should the Steelers turn to: Eason or Kirschke?

I would personally like to see Kirschke fill in for Keisel... Eason just doesn't cut it and isn't quite ready to fill in for someone like a Keisel. :dunno:

DBR96A
09-15-2008, 08:36 PM
What about Orpheus Roye?

Iron City South
09-15-2008, 08:40 PM
There's no sense even playing the reminaing games .... I mean **** ... there's no way we can win now. Tomlin should just tell the league we want to sit this year out.

Jesus Christ . ... some of you are just pathetic.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-15-2008, 08:45 PM

I would personally like to see Kirschke fill in for Keisel... Eason just doesn't cut it and isn't quite ready to fill in for someone like a Keisel. :dunno:

I think Eason might get the nod but personally I'd rather see Roye in there, he's stoudt and strong as an ox.

Stairwayto7
09-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Its a setback, but not the end of the world.

11 guys on defense, no offense to Kesiel but he would probably one of the more expendable players.

Towsend, Taylor, Troy, and Ryan Clark. Harrison, Woodley, Farrior. Hampton , A Smith.

That leaves two, Foote but only because I think Timmons is ready. And Kesiel.

I love the guy, but it could be worse.

DBR96A
09-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Two months from today is November 15. That means Brett Keisel should return no later than Week 11 when we host San Diego. That leaves us without Keisel for the following games:

Week 3 at Philadelphia
Week 4 vs. Baltimore
Week 5 at Jacksonville
Week 7 vs. Cincinnati
Week 8 vs. New York Giants
Week 9 at Washington

If we're lucky and Keisel returns to health sooner than expected, I wouldn't be surprised to see him reenter the starting lineup against Washington, or even against the Giants. All of the above games are winnable if we continue to play good football.

yinzer
09-15-2008, 09:10 PM
we're gonna have to see about this injury. they're calling it a calf injury. that could mean any number of things. it could be his achilles tendon or one of the two muscles in the lower leg. i know they're basing his time missed by what happened to kreider a few years ago. kreider was out 8 weeks with it. they've probably already had him have a m.r.i.

TEEMONT
09-15-2008, 09:57 PM
There's no sense even playing the reminaing games .... I mean shiat ... there's no way we can win now. Tomlin should just tell the league we want to sit this year out.

Jesus Christ . ... some of you are just pathetic.

hey pot

steelcityrockers
09-15-2008, 10:01 PM

Eason at the very least is a smidge more athletic than Kirschke and provides a bit more of a pass rush. Both suck major *** though. Roye is really, really, really old. He is at most a rotation guy at this point.

Koopa
09-16-2008, 12:58 AM
guess you can always look forward to the spurs...

naw their season is over too.........no manu for the first few months, and getting older and older.............. our season isn't going down the tube, i was just talking **** cause eason is a bum........... but we play the eagles next, and i'm afraid they might pick us apart since we have no one to help smith and hampton push the linemen back

BlitzburghRockCity
09-16-2008, 01:04 AM
This is why you brought in a guy like Roye who can step right in and start. Kirschke can't get consistent pressure and Eason is still learning. IF Tomlin does that we won't see such a dramatic drop off IMO. If not teams are going to run right up the middle at us or run to Keisel's side and dare Eason to take on a blocker and still make the play.

TEEMONT
09-16-2008, 01:25 AM
naw their season is over too.........no manu for the first few months, and getting older and older.............. our season isn't going down the tube, i was just talking shiat cause eason is a bum........... but we play the eagles next, and i'm afraid they might pick us apart since we have no one to help smith and hampton push the linemen back

I know...I just like giving you **** b/c you're so pessimistic. I have never been a huge Keisel fan to be honest. I don't think any of those guys are the answer to our Keisel issue.

Why don't we talk Strahan out of retirement? lol

Koopa
09-16-2008, 01:44 AM
I know...I just like giving you shiat b/c you're so pessimistic. I have never been a huge Keisel fan to be honest. I don't think any of those guys are the answer to our Keisel issue.

Why don't we talk Strahan out of retirement? lol

because the rooney's are cheap lol............ i wish we could have drafted a DE in the third........... does that dude from ucla even play on special teams??

Black@Gold Forever32
09-16-2008, 02:08 AM
because the rooney's are cheap lol............ i wish we could have drafted a DE in the third........... does that dude from ucla even play on special teams??

Bruce Davis hasn't dressed yet this year.....But it was expected...He needs to bulk up some before getting some playing time....

ToothAche
09-16-2008, 09:08 AM
It was a very basic defense against the Browns, we didnt bring it like we should have.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-16-2008, 06:01 PM
might not be the whole 2 months for Keisel, right now he's week to week... (http://news.steelers.com/article/96151/)

Dean Denton
09-16-2008, 06:23 PM
might not be the whole 2 months for Keisel, right now he's week to week... (http://news.steelers.com/article/96151/)

That sucks, but I think out of all our Def players he's the one we can spare the most. Maybe hampton because Hoke is a good back up. We should be ok until Brett gets back. dont qoute me on that though....lol

bonesetter58
09-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Keisel is a great player but we are not out of it. We are the Steelers and that means we fight till the end. calf injuries dont allow a person to push off and/or change angles in the real world let alone when you are in the realm of PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL. Keisel isnt a wimp and I would bet if you talked to him he is not happy, to say the least, about the injury. All others will ahve to pick it up. Bad thing is that if he comes back to soon he could pull it and be out for the season and playoffs. Only strained right now. But still not usefull in getting up the field against a 300+ pound OT. Lets rotate the end position and keep moving the D around.

Ben's injury is getting more press due to the Tom Brady injury getting old news. The media needs something to keep attention.

Lets give them a Steelers Victory over the filly buzzards!!!

GO STEELERS!!!:tt02::helmet::cope:

DBR96A
09-17-2008, 06:53 PM
I'd like to have Keisel back by the time we host the Giants.