PDA

View Full Version : Steelers overcame poor officiating

DBR96A
09-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Was anybody else peeved about the officiating in this game? Bryant McFadden got flagged for illegal contact when Kellen Winslow Jr. ran straight into him. LaMarr Woodley got flagged for roughing the passer when he was less than a step away from Derek Anderson at the time the ball was thrown. James Farrior got flagged for taunting in the huddle? (What the ****?) Oh, and Shaun Rogers cheap-shots Ben Roethlisberger waaay later than LaMarr Woodley arrived at Derek Anderson, and wasn't flagged.

The Steelers overcame the Browns, the weather and the refs tonight. That's the mark of a quality football team.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-14-2008, 11:44 PM
Bad calls happen in every NFL game....deal with it...lol

For real lets not sound like Seahawks fans now....lol

BlitzburghNation
09-14-2008, 11:45 PM
:ditto: We won,,,,,i am :banana2:

steelerschick1220
09-14-2008, 11:46 PM
The only one that I really got upset about was the Rogers call. I thought that was blatent roughing the passer. I definetly thought that should have been called. But we still won the game, so I am happy either way.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-14-2008, 11:46 PM
I was flipping out too, those blown calls were all over the NFL today but in our game the ones you mentioned were so unbelieveably bad it wasn't even funny.

Who in the hell would ever call Farrior for taunting, he never does that **** :evilshake: and Winslow about took McFadden's head off on that play and still called it on Bryant? :wtf:

We overcame though and that's the bottom line !

steelcitysfinestXL
09-14-2008, 11:50 PM

:plus1: LOL, DBR turn on ESPN/NFLN and watch highlights of SD@DEN... THATS refs blowing calls. I agree with what you are saying, those were really bad calls. But they were really just trying to keep the game in their (refs) control. after about half the plays there was a skirmish. The rodgers hit on Ben REALLY pissed me off though. With Brady, Young, Croyle and other QBS missing significant time, the refs should be put a high priorty on protecting qbs. (esp Ben and Manning) Espeacially after flagging Potsy like you said!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-14-2008, 11:53 PM
:plus1: LOL, DBR turn on ESPN/NFLN and watch highlights of SD@DEN... THATS refs blowing calls. I agree with what you are saying, those were really bad calls. But they were really just trying to keep the game in their (refs) control. after about half the plays there was a skirmish. The rodgers hit on Ben REALLY pissed me off though. With Brady, Young, Croyle and other QBS missing significant time, the refs should be put a high priorty on protecting qbs. (esp Ben and Manning) Espeacially after flagging Potsy like you said!

Rogers should have been flagged...But we should know Ben won't get the calls...cough cough 2006 against the Falcons when there was helmet to helmet contact that led to a concussion for Ben which there wasn't a flag...This league protects the QBs but I guess they forget that when it comes to Big Ben...lol

But I'll never use a excuse for penalties, weather or anything....

DBR96A
09-14-2008, 11:54 PM

That call near the end of the San Diego/Denver game was massively ****ed-up. What makes it even more peculiar is that it was Ed Hochuli who blew it. He's the best ref in the NFL, but man oh man, did he screw that up.

It's still hard to feel bad for San Diego, though. Their vaunted defense surrendered a ton of points, and really, they could've stopped Denver anyway even after the blown call. They also could've stopped the two-point conversion. I don't have much sympathy for the Chargers.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-15-2008, 12:00 AM
lol, yeah i def dont feel bad for SD due to the fact i loathe phillip rivers... but man they boned san diego on a few calls that made the difference in that game late!!!

terrible.towel43
09-15-2008, 12:04 AM
I was very upset with the cheapshot on ben. Especially how that was way later than woodleys hit. The Mcfadden one was bull as well. Al, and jon were both saying they thot the call was called to the opposite team

Clevelandsux
09-15-2008, 12:04 AM
Bad officiating couldn't even help the Browns.

yinzer
09-15-2008, 12:17 AM
who cares???!!!!! we won!!!

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-15-2008, 12:19 AM
The Zebras sucked all day!!

Clevelandsux
09-15-2008, 12:27 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------ugly win-----

But hey we won. Our electricity was out throughout most of NE ohio. The conditions were awful. I thought our special teams played horrendous, at least tyhe return team. We lucked out twice. Moore sucks.

I didn't understand why Tomlin didn't try a fg at the end of the game. Of course the wind was fierce. Glad we contained Cribbs.

Big Ben played great. He made some great throws. Willie and the dee played good. Thank god Romeo doesn't know how to manage the clock. Another win vs the Browns.

The o-line didn't play good vs Rogers.

JB 67
09-15-2008, 12:41 AM
The Rogers hit pissed me off !!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-15-2008, 12:44 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------ugly win-----

But hey we won. Our electricity was out throughout most of NE ohio. The conditions were awful. I thought our special teams played horrendous, at least tyhe return team. We lucked out twice. Moore sucks.

I didn't understand why Tomlin didn't try a fg at the end of the game. Of course the wind was fierce. Glad we contained Cribbs.

Big Ben played great. He made some great throws. Willie and the dee played good. Thank god Romeo doesn't know how to manage the clock. Another win vs the Browns.

There's no way you kick a FG into the wind only up by 4...if it's blocked you give them great field position or if you fumble somehow they can return it and win the game. Going for it was the right call, you either make it and the game is over or else you at the very least run another 5 seconds off.

AZ_Steeler
09-15-2008, 12:48 AM
The Rogers hit pissed me off !!!!

That was clearly late... The Steelers will take note of that hit and redeem themselves the end of the year! :bigthumb:

Dean Denton
09-15-2008, 12:57 AM
I dont think it was a late hit on Ben, but you can call it. You cant go throwing flags for stuff like that. However, all the other calls were bad.
It was a sloppy game, but we won. By hook or crook, I'll take. If this team is going to be looked at as one of the best, they need to plat better. Sorry... I 'm really drunk, and I'm going to go now before...Love Dean....

Clevelandsux
09-15-2008, 05:36 AM
When the weather is bad like that, you can throw out everything, I'm glad we won.

portcityblackandgold
09-15-2008, 07:07 AM
Bad day for officiating, Colts-Vikes had a few missed/blown calls. Definitely missed the roughing the passer call on Big Baby.

Stairwayto7
09-15-2008, 07:11 AM

Agreed but the no call late hit on Roethlisberger sucked. Sucked bad

Zachintosh66
09-15-2008, 08:33 AM

You cant stop Rodgers every single play... I thought they did okay. Kemo had a good game in my book. Hartwig however did get stood up a couple of times.

- Rodgers Hit vs Woodley Hit:
As much as i was screaming at the Rodgers hit. The main reason Woodley got the flag was not nessecarily the hit but when he drove him into the ground and "flopped" on him.

I was glad to see Clark come back into the game after that big hit down by the goal line... its bad news if Tyrone Carter has any significant playing time. Clev's OL did a pretty good job against our D. At certain times seemed like we couldnt get any pass rush. Woodley and Harrison were pretty much invisible in that capasity most of the time. Thats a little concerning.

We had a Troy sighting 2 weeks in a row! If he stays healthy maybee Ill remove the "BUM" status from his name :) Im not sure what was up with diving over the line tho. What really was that gonna do? IF the play was even in his direction he woulda still been out of postion to make a tackle or anything. Kinda looked flooish.

DIESELMAN
09-15-2008, 09:02 AM
We had a Troy sighting 2 weeks in a row! If he stays healthy maybee Ill remove the "BUM" status from his name :)

He better play the whole season like he is before that happens. Hes got 2-3 years to make up for.....:greengrin:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
09-15-2008, 09:21 AM
That call near the end of the San Diego/Denver game was massively ****ed-up. What makes it even more peculiar is that it was Ed Hochuli who blew it. He's the best ref in the NFL, but man oh man, did he screw that up.

I think his steroid use is affecting his vision....:eyecrazy:

TampaSteelGirl
09-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Well we all know that it happens to us every game so I never use that as an excuse, others teams have gotten it much worse than us but yes too many cheap shots from Rodgers and #91 from the Browns. They knew he was hurt and know they can't just beat us at the game of football so they have to try and mame our QB, sounds alot like the Ravens and Suggs always trying to jack him up! I will say that Ben doesn't get many roughing the passers calls when he gets hit so bad. Glad they saw that face mask though.

Clevelandsux
09-15-2008, 04:49 PM
There's no way you kick a FG into the wind only up by 4...if it's blocked you give them great field position or if you fumble somehow they can return it and win the game. Going for it was the right call, you either make it and the game is over or else you at the very least run another 5 seconds off.

also avoid kicking off to cribbs

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed but the no call late hit on Roethlisberger sucked. Sucked bad

Lets face it, anytime a guy gets a shot at qb there gonna take it. Especially a team like Cleveland who Ben was beaten what 7-8 times? That's why it is important to protect the qb!

SteelerSteve
09-15-2008, 06:39 PM
I think had it not been so windy, we woulda won by alot more than we did. BTW Does anybody else notice how obnoxiously annoying those gay *** clowns fans are? woof woof woof woof JESUS!!! SHUT THE HELL UP! Hello! doing that isn't gonna fire up your team, its gonna **** off the other team and make them whip your *** even more.:rant2: