PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 - Steeler Addicts Ironman

BlitzburghRockCity
09-15-2008, 12:16 AM
Poll is up now on the homepage, (http://www.steeleraddicts.com) go vote and tell us what you think!

Koopa
09-15-2008, 12:22 AM
lol at special teams on their, speical teams isn't only stop them, over all the speical teams was horrible, we need a kick returner, i hate this running back ****, maybe if he was a speed burner like willie it would be ok, but we need a fast wr or cb to be doing that

i voted for willie cause he ran hard all game long

BlitzburghRockCity
09-15-2008, 12:23 AM
Maybe I should put Hurricane Ike as an option..those winds helped out Jeff Reed alot :lol:

Iron City South
09-15-2008, 12:24 AM
BR made the plays dispite the poor conditions and his shoulder. Ben gets the bling for the week.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-15-2008, 12:27 AM
I gave it to the OL..they protected Ben pretty well and opened up lanes for parker.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Special teams and the OL are good choices...But the defense to played a great game....Netted some turnovers and only gave up 6 points...

Iron City South
I gave it to the OL..they protected Ben pretty well and opened up lanes for parker.

So you gave it to them for doing their job? ... I gave it to BR because he did more than his job considering the 2 issues that I mentioned.

AZ_Steeler
This is two weeks in a row that Troy has had an INT so I had to give it to him. He did a good job against Winslow and you heard his name mentioned a lot... Plus he did his Superman impression over the offensive line! :D

TEEMONT
09-15-2008, 12:31 AM
So you gave it to them for doing their job? ... I gave it to BR because he did more than his job considering the 2 issues that I mentioned.

What is more than his job? He managed the game, and he still continues to hold the ball too long, which is leading to the sacks. Ben did what he is supposed to do, considering he is a $100 million player.

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-15-2008, 12:34 AM
This is two weeks in a row that Troy has had an INT so I had to give it to him. He did a good job against Winslow and you heard his name mentioned a lot... Plus he did his Superman impression over the offensive line! :D

Lol is that what that was.I was bustin up laughing when i saw that.Yea he gets my vote.

Iron City South
09-15-2008, 12:37 AM
What is more than his job? He managed the game, and he still continues to hold the ball too long, which is leading to the sacks. Ben did what he is supposed to do, considering he is a $100 million player.

Why would you bring up money? It has nothing to do with his performance on the field? The few sacks that BR took came as a result of lazy *** Simmons totally whiffing on his assignment to finish off Rogers. He was supposed to be helping Hartwig double on Rogers and he missed his assignment both times. :yesnod:

When you have a seperated shoulder and can still throw downfield and in those condiditions, you did more than you were "supposed to do"

Black@Gold Forever32
09-15-2008, 12:38 AM

But if Ben does try to throw the ball away and it leads to a turn over then people will scream about that....I hate seeing Ben take the sacks also but I prefer that he doesn't lose the football...I blame Bruce Arians for a total stale game plan....I don't see Moore out there like we should....yes he gets some snaps...But he can be vital on third down as a receiver out of the back field or in blitz pickup...Plus if I see Arians set Ben up in third and long one more time then I'm going to puke....Its very easy for a defense to tee off when you put yourself in obvious passing situations....

BlitzburghRockCity
09-15-2008, 12:44 AM

considering the scrutiny this group is under and how bad they sucked for 2 years in a row they've had 2 good games so yeah I guess I did give it to them for doing their job but they did play pretty darn well.

TEEMONT
09-15-2008, 12:45 AM
Why would you bring up money? It has nothing to do with his performance on the field? The few sacks that BR took came as a result of lazy *** Simmons totally whiffing on his assignment to finish off Rogers. He was supposed to be helping Hartwig double on Rogers and he missed his assignment both times. :yesnod:

When you have a seperated shoulder and can still throw downfield and in those condiditions, you did more than you were "supposed to do"

You brought up that the O-line was "just doing their job" which is too often the opinion of many football "fans". Considering Shaun Rodgers was pretty much a non-factor for pretty much the whole game, with the exception of that cheap shot on Ben that should have been a 15 yard penalty, I would say the O-line went above and beyond. Willie was steady and solid tonight, b/c the Oline provided great blocking for him. When Willie is gaining 4-5 yards pretty consistently, that's when you know the Oline is at its best. Ben played solidly, but he was not the player of the game.

He's a football player who gets paid millions of dollars, he is "supposed" to tough it out. If his injury was that bad, he wouldn't have been on the field.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-15-2008, 12:46 AM
considering the scrutiny this group is under and how bad they sucked for 2 years in a row they've had 2 good games so yeah I guess I did give it to them for doing their job but they did play pretty darn well.

I'm very critical of the OL and so far I think they have been solid....Ben and Arians need to sit down and get the right players in the right situations to get rid of the ball so it doesn't lead to sacks...

K Train
09-15-2008, 04:05 AM
alright, im giving credit when credit is due.....troy played a smart game and put the body on the line which is what i love....that pick was critical and the play where he flipped over the lineman made me say....alright, maybe hes gonna turn things around, im not a hater i call them like i see them and he showed me something today.

portcityblackandgold
09-15-2008, 08:15 AM
I'm going with Holmes, he made some big catches and a nice end around run for a first down.

Stairwayto7
09-15-2008, 08:51 AM
I'm very critical of the OL and so far I think they have been solid....Ben and Arians need to sit down and get the right players in the right situations to get rid of the ball so it doesn't lead to sacks...

well said, I agree. And some of our screens were so predictable last night. Ben throws well down field, let him throw it.

I voted Aaron Smith.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Polamalu is in the lead but it's not a blow out, get your votes in all ! We'll leave the voting up until tomorrow morning.

steelersgal86
09-15-2008, 10:41 AM
YEAH... I went with Troy...2 big games in a row!!!! Keep it up :yellowthumb:

TEEMONT
09-15-2008, 11:32 AM
As much as I bitch about the O-line not getting credit, I went with A Smith. He had a very good game, and as usual, he did it very quietly.

cybok0
09-15-2008, 11:45 AM
I went with Parker, 100+ yards rushing and hitting the tough holes getting 2 or 3 yards to keep things going.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
09-15-2008, 12:13 PM
I went with Parker, 100+ yards rushing and hitting the tough holes getting 2 or 3 yards to keep things going.

I agree..Parker played tough ball last night...If he would have pulled in that Bomb from Big-Ben early in the game he really would have a great night.You could see Big Ben riding him on the sidelines after that play for not catching it,lol.

Stlrs4Life
09-15-2008, 05:16 PM
I voted Holmes. He made 2 key catches. And the Defense came to play.

mothman26101
09-15-2008, 10:06 PM
thank you troy for saving the browns game at the end of the first half

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
ben was doing an outstanding job cant imagine the pain he must have had from seperated shoulder.....but catching a wet ball isnt easy

Koopa
09-16-2008, 01:06 AM
But if Ben does try to throw the ball away and it leads to a turn over then people will scream about that....I hate seeing Ben take the sacks also but I prefer that he doesn't lose the football...I blame Bruce Arians for a total stale game plan....I don't see Moore out there like we should....yes he gets some snaps...But he can be vital on third down as a receiver out of the back field or in blitz pickup...Plus if I see Arians set Ben up in third and long one more time then I'm going to puke....Its very easy for a defense to tee off when you put yourself in obvious passing situations....

what sucks about ben is that i don't think he'll ever use moore right cause he doesn't know how to throw short it seems, it's all or nothing for him.......... we'd be so much better if ben would just dump a quick pass of to one of the running backs or heath..... but ben is to stubborn and only wants hightlight passes....... and i doubt that will ever change........

SteelfordWexler
09-16-2008, 08:01 PM
I've been super critical of the oline, but I just rewatched the game and those guys were very solid. I think much better than against Houston. Give credit where its due - we ran when they knew it was comming.

Troy is also a good pick - anytime you get a game changing interception - you've gotta be in consideration.