PDA

View Full Version : Andra Davis Looking To Take Big Ben Out

Black@Gold Forever32
09-13-2008, 10:57 PM
Ok not really since he did advocate good legal hits to take Ben out...But still thought this was interesting article....Kind of reminds when Gerrard Warren ran his mouth in 2004 during Ben's rookie year when he stated if you kill the head then you kill the QB or something along that lines...

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1221294888284330.xml&coll=2

BROWNS INSIDER
Cleveland Browns linebacker Andra Davis says team must focus on stopping Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger

Saturday, September 13, 2008
Browns linebacker Andra Davis has a plan for how to defend Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
"This game, we've just got to not worry about fines or late hits or whatever the referee is going to do," said Davis, who's 1-12 against the Steelers. "We've just got to go out and get him down because you know they take care of the quarterbacks in this league. But we've just got to put that behind us. If we get fined, we get fined. We've just got to make sure we get the job done."
Davis made it clear that he was advocating good, legal hits, not harming Roethlisberger, who suffered a shoulder injury last week on a sack by Houston defensive end Mario Williams. Roethlisberger is probable for Sunday.

"Not necessarily go out there to hurt him, but I remember one play a couple of years ago, Nick Eason [now a Steeler] was on our team," Davis said. "He had him, but if you slam him to the ground you get a fine, so he let him go and they kept the play going. [Roethlisberger] made a big play on third down. That's what I'm saying. In a situation like that, you've got to make sure you get him down and worry about whatever's going to happen later."
Eason, concerned about NFL fines during that game in 2006, let Roethlisberger slip out of his grasp to avoid a flag and the quarterback hit receiver Santonio Holmes for a 20-yard touchdown pass en route to a 24-20 Steelers victory.
Linebacker Willie McGinest was docked $7,500 this week for "impermissable use of the helmet" for a hit on Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo last Sunday.

Willie or won't he?
The Browns know a key to the game will be containing Steelers running back Willie Parker, who rushed for 138 yards and a career-high three touchdowns last week against the Texans.
The 138 yards were the fourth-most by Parker and the most since he had a team-record 223 yards against the Browns on Dec. 7, 2006.
"He's a home-run back," Davis said. "He's small, he's fast and they've got a big, physical offensive line. He's the type of dude, you've just got to continue to go out there and keep after him the whole game. He's proven why he's a Pro Bowl back. You can stop him and stop him and he can break one for 50 yards. You have to stay fundamental - build that wall and set that edge and try to keep him inside, try to force him to our big guys. We've got our hands full."

K Train
09-13-2008, 10:59 PM
what a tool lol, thats the kind of **** that makes hines throw a cheap one on him

Black@Gold Forever32
09-13-2008, 11:03 PM
what a tool lol, thats the kind of shiat that makes hines throw a cheap one on him

Davis isn't to smart...I can see Ward looking for him tomorrow night....I really want the Steelers to try and throw deep early and often against that terrible secondary.....I would like to see a 48-10 blow out or something to that effect tomorrow...I'm tired of hearing about the Browns...

K Train
09-13-2008, 11:05 PM
this is gonna be the second of 10 total losses for them

:markit:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-13-2008, 11:09 PM
this is gonna be the second of 10 total losses for them

:markit:

I had the Browns winning 7-8 games this year....So we're close in terms of thinking how good they will be this season....Their magic from last year ran out.....Derek Anderson will prove to be a fraud....

yinzer
09-13-2008, 11:15 PM
funny... andre davis has had like 3 sacks in the last 3 seasons.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-14-2008, 12:03 AM
Yea Davis said they can't worry about fines or penalties 4 late hits:evilshake:,whatDavis is this the only way u can win is by cheap shots? :rant2:what losers, this is why the clowns suck,no one in there right mind would root 4 such LOSERS:cursin:,It's really going 2 b an depressing week n the mistake by the lake seeing that the buckeyes got blown out, an the clowns get blown out 2morrow:clap::clap::clap:GO STEELERS:tt02::cope:

DIESELMAN
09-14-2008, 12:12 AM
Andra Davis? who the **** is that? That bum better worry about trying to contain FWP and Co. before he worries about anything else. LOSERS!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-14-2008, 12:46 AM
Andra Davis who? what a tool...you've got the have the stats and reputation for anyone to take you seriously when you talk smack against your opponent. When you have an average linebacker talking like he's all that and then some it just makes everybody :evilshake:

The Steelers aren't stupid, they know the Browns are going to take cheap shots and you can bet they'll try and take some on not only Ben but Hines, Willie, and Santonio as well. Hines likes to dish it out against Cleveland so I suspect he'll be hunting down one Andra Davis when he has the chance.

K Train
09-14-2008, 12:54 AM
hines is quietly one of the dirtiest players in the game, this is bad news for the browns because hines is a headhunter

BlitzburghRockCity
09-14-2008, 02:20 AM
I have no problem at all with Hines doing alittle head hunting this weekend for sure, he lives right on the border of taking shots on the defense that are legal are not..LOL. One thing is for sure he knows he can take any hit from anybody so that gives him the right to dish it out just as hard.

Stairwayto7
09-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Bad Karma for mrs. davis.

yinzer
09-14-2008, 08:21 AM
are any of you guys surprised by this???!!! the clowns are SCARED right now. the fans are scared. this andra davis, whom i had to actually google search cuz i've never heard of him before, is playing with fire. if the stains thought they had a chance, they would keep their mouths shut and just play! now, some scrub linebacker who has totalled 3.5 sacks in the last 4 seasons is talking about cheap shoting ben??? this guy should have kept that to himself. what he's talking about doing is a sign of desperation. somebody needs to light that mother****** up! congrats, clowns, you've just revealed you're ENTIRE TEAM AND CITY is scared of us!!!

BlitzburghNation
09-14-2008, 09:02 AM
Glad he opened his pie hole,,,,,this will only pump up our team even more !

MDSteel15
09-14-2008, 10:38 AM
:hilarious: When was the last time you ever heard his name mentioned in a game? :popcorn: :thinking: Darned if I can recall it. Heck, I didn't even realize he was still in the NFL! :nono: Mr. Ward shall be waiting for you Mr. ummm, oh yeah, Andra Davis.... sorry, forgot his name :yellowthumb: :cope:

Oh and can you do us all a favor, let Mr. Anderson know that a certain Mr. Woodley and Harrison will be right over at about 8:36pm to let them know what they think of what you said! OK? Thanks....

Clevelandsux
09-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Davis has talked **** before. In 2003, he said "If you think the first beating was bad, wait until this sunday". Of course he was talking about the 33-13 loss to the Browns (the last they beat us). Of course we won the second meeting that year 13-6 in Cleveland.

Although I do know what was talking about with that eason play. Eason had to let up or it would have been a penalty.

dawgs
09-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Hey the steelers did it to palmer, why can't we do it to ben?? Na, I just think He was saying they need to finish plays. He talked about the eason play.

man I just hope some guys can get back for this game. I hope pool can atleast get back. Cribbs will be a huge boast. I wanna see more hall then willie mac.

I sure hope rogers does not fall on that shoulder...:whatu:

JensK
09-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Yeah, i have to agree with you Dawgs. I don't think he ment that he would want to hurt ben intentionally. And it is a problem for the browns. They don't get the job done. they don't get the tackles done, the sacks, the final TD etc. etc. Im not trying to be a jerk, just saying that its been a problem, and i can't wait to see it if they have changed it. I wish for a good game, thats all, and it wont be a good game if the browns don't go out there "and get it done"

BlitzburghRockCity
09-14-2008, 11:59 PM
Can you say NON FACTOR to Mr. Andra Davis :lol: so much for big talk yet again!! :bwah:

Stairwayto7
09-15-2008, 07:55 AM
Can you say NON FACTOR to Mr. Andra Davis :lol: so much for big talk yet again!! :bwah:

EXACTLY!

My problem with his qoute is that he needs to choose his words better. I would , and most people did think he was referring to a cheap shot. From one NFL player to another, you just don`t say these things. But when you start talking about penalties for late hits, people start to question what you mean. And if he did hit him yesterday it would have been minutes late, because he was no where near Ben all day

TampaSteelGirl
09-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Hey the steelers did it to palmer, why can't we do it to ben?? Na, I just think He was saying they need to finish plays. He talked about the eason play.

man I just hope some guys can get back for this game. I hope pool can atleast get back. Cribbs will be a huge boast. I wanna see more hall then willie mac.

I sure hope rogers does not fall on that shoulder...:whatu:

That was NOT a cheap shot on Carson Palmer! Kimo didn't do it intentionally nor did he shoot his mouth pre game that he was going to "take care of Carson Palmer" like this choad is doing! Kimo felt horrible about Carson getting hurt! Carson is the big bawl baby who constantly blamed us for a cheap shot!! When you have to run your mouth about how you have to basically take out the QB just to win you are planning on doing it intentionally! I.E. Rodgers and his fat dumpy cheap shots!!
Hines will get all your A$$es next game!:yellowthumb:

Davis did a great job "taking care" of Ben last night...Bravo to him!!! :clap:
he should learn to keep his cake hole shut!!!! :hilarious:

P.S. Where was your boy Cribbs last night? Big game changer huh? Whhoaaa!

LatrobePA
09-15-2008, 12:28 PM
P.S. Where was your boy Cribbs last night? Big game changer huh? Whhoaaa!

Cribbs got knocked the F out by Harrison, did he even pick up 1 yard on any returns??

F-all you brown fans!!:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

TampaSteelGirl
09-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Cribbs got knocked the F out by Harrison, did he even pick up 1 yard on any returns??

F-all you brown fans!!:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

YEA BABY YEA!!!!! :bunny:

Stairwayto7
09-20-2008, 04:36 PM
"This game, we've just got to not worry about fines or late hits or whatever the referee is going to do," said Davis, who's 1-12 against the Steelers. "We've just got to go out and get him down because you know they take care of the quarterbacks in this league. But we've just got to put that behind us. If we get fined, we get fined. We've just got to make sure we get the job done."

I guess cheap shot Rogers must have got this memo. We knew he was too fat and slow to get there on time, it had to be late.

Davis 1-13 hows it feel. Since we own the browns, do we have to buy them dog tags?