PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Ike rips Texans' stadium

SteelerBee43
09-13-2008, 02:15 PM
HOUSTON (AP) - Damage caused by Hurricane Ike will likely lead to the postponement of Monday night's NFL game at Reliant Stadium between the visiting Baltimore Ravens and the Houston Texans.The storm tore chunks off the stadium's retractable roof and the damage can't be fixed in time to host the game, said Shea Guinn, the president and general manager of Reliant Park.

"There is no way this stadium will host a game on Monday night," Guinn said Saturday. "There are parts of the roof that are completely gone."

An official announcement was expected later Saturday, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.

"It certainly appears that the stadium is not going to be able to be used on Monday night," Aiello said.

The game, originally scheduled for Sunday, was moved to Monday earlier in the week as Ike approached the area.

The field is not scheduled to host another game until Oct. 5. If the game is postponed, it is unclear when it could be made up. The Texans' off week is Oct. 26, while Baltimore's is Nov. 6.

Three years ago, when the New Orleans Saints were displaced because of Hurricane Katrina, they played four of their scheduled home games at LSU's Tiger Stadium, three in San Antonio and one in East Rutherford, N.J., against the New York Giants.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8558884?MSNHPHMA

BlitzburghNation
09-13-2008, 09:06 PM
What idiots,,,,,,,,Should've had the game outta texas , guess they don't watch the weather channel !

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Thats a tough break for the texans.First hurricane Parker,then hurricane Ike.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-13-2008, 09:55 PM
Maybe they'll make it up over thanksgiving and have an extra game instead of the same old Lions & Cowboys..

BlitzburghNation
09-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Checking my FF teams and seen where there gonna play the game Nov. 9th

HUNT4SEVEN
09-14-2008, 12:08 AM
1st Hurricane Willie Parker, that's an good one:hilarious::cope:

DBR96A
09-15-2008, 03:04 AM
If I remember correctly, Ike Taylor's formal name is Ivan. Hurricane Ivan was "retired" after the 2004 hurricane season, and it looks like Hurricane Ike could be retired too.

Suzy Kolber: "So I'm a weather buff, and I need to ask: How does it feel having two catastrophic hurricanes named after you?" :lol: