PDA

View Full Version : KDKA Alert: Townsend likely out w/ heel injury

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Just got the text from KDKA that Townsend will likely miss the game this sunday night vs the Clowns.

This should give McFadden a real good chance to show us what he's got. He needs to step up for us and have a good year, what better time to start than prime time this weekend.

From the PG..

Friday, September 12, 2008
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Cornerback Deshea Townsend did not practice for the third day in a row and is not expected to play in Sunday night's game in Cleveland, forcing Bryant McFadden to start for the first time since the final game of the 2006 season.

Townsend (heel contusion) has been listed as doubtful on the team's official injury report, meaning there is a 75 percent chance he won't play.

blackngold29
09-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Definately something to keep an eye on. Cleveland didn't have a fantastic passing week in their first game (box score (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore;_ylt=AuAPWk4Ack0OH3oa_Oc2VwIdsLYF?gid=200 80907005)), but they did have five players with a catch over 10 yards.

DBR96A
09-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Thank God both our starting safeties are healthy.

Stairwayto7
09-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Damn!

TEEMONT
09-12-2008, 07:43 PM
When I saw the text...I thought the exact same thing TG. Lets hope McFadden steps up. Give us a reason to resign him.

Clevelandsux
09-12-2008, 08:16 PM
i have faith in mcfadden

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2008, 08:27 PM
He's in a contract year, so he's got more reason than ever to play well. If he is just average in 2008 he won't get much attention in 2009 depending on who all is available DB wise.

yinzer
09-12-2008, 10:47 PM
mcfadden is gonna have to step up. townesend is one of the best at making plays and anticipating. we may have to suit up anthony smith to lay some wood to make the clowns' receivers think twice about catching the ball. edwards showed some pretty impressive alligator arms last week. if a. smith lights him up, he'll get those again.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-12-2008, 11:38 PM
mcfadden is gonna have to step up. townesend is one of the best at making plays and anticipating. we may have to suit up anthony smith to lay some wood to make the clowns' receivers think twice about catching the ball. edwards showed some pretty impressive alligator arms last week. if a. smith lights him up, he'll get those again.

I hate to do this, but i have to disagree with you. If anything, i'd say McFadden may be our biggest gambler/playmaker at the CB position. Deshea is more of a solid "bend but dont break" type of player in our D. B-Mac is able to make great breaks on the ball when he is matched up or in a zone. Its weather he beats his man to the ball or not, which he doesnt always do. The thing i really like about B-Mac is that he is crazy agressive when the ball is in the air. He has made a few nice plays including a game saving play against Reggie Wayne in the playoffs in '06. Heres hopin he play his way to a new contract while he has this golden oppurtunity cause he is one of my favorites in the secondary.

I do however agree with you on the Ant Smith front though. Last week was the first game of his pro career he did NOT dress for. I hope this was a motivator for him to prove coach mike CANT live with out him being active line up!!! He is a lightning rod for the whole team when he starts lighting people up.

Stairwayto7
09-13-2008, 09:22 AM
i have faith in mcfadden

My biggest problem is, if McFadden was better or as good, he would have already been a starter.