PDA

View Full Version : Fans voted and the most memorable Steelers vs browns game is?

Stairwayto7
09-11-2008, 07:37 PM
No. 1 at Pittsburgh, November 25, 1979

Matt Bahr, whose 21 yard field goal with 24 seconds left tied the game, kicked a 37 yarder with nine seconds left in overtime to vault the Steelers to a 33-30 victory over the hated Browns in what some observations felt was the best NFL game played at Three Rivers Stadium.

Franco Harris carried 32 times for 151 yards and caught a career high nine passes for 81 yards to drag Pittsburgh back from deficits of 20-6 and 30-20, but it was the defensive work of L.C. Greenwood that had most of the Steelers' admiration after an exhausting four hours of football.

Greenwood was in on five of the seven sacks of Cleveland quarterback Brian Sipe, three coming in the fourth quarter. "I'm so exhausted I can barely move; I can barely stand up," said Greenwood. "It was one of the most physical games I've played in the 11 years I've played football. We played five quarters. Five complete quarters. I guess for the fans, it was a very dramatic game. For us it was a hard fought game. We had to fight. Cleveland played great football."

Cleveland players said the same thing of the Steelers, and the same could be said for most of the past 46 years.

Find out the other nine @ http://www.pittsburghsteelers.co.uk/steelers/browns/page3.htm

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Man reading those sure makes you realize just deep and passionate this rivalry is for the fans and the players. Hating the Browns is a right of passage for any self respecting Steeler fan and as long as we beat them that's all I care about, every Steelers win vs the Browns is a great memory.

BR7
09-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Suprised not to see the 2002 playoff game listed.

Clevelandsux
09-11-2008, 10:21 PM
41-0 in 2005 was a great memory for me. It was on christmas eve. and James harrison slamming one of there moronic fans was a classic!

2004 we beat the Browns 24-10 in a game i attended. We find our seats about 45 minutes before kick off. Alot of fighting going on in the stands etc. Then a fight breaks out on the field during pregame warm ups.We're like "what's going on"?

My brother had his radio on and we hear Joey porter and William Green have been ejected. An unknown named James Harrison replaces Porter and plays a great game.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Yeah that was one of the wildest games I've ever seen period, talk about a roller coaster ride. I can still remember Fu busting through for the TD at the end of the game.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Man reading those sure makes you realize just deep and passionate this rivalry is for the fans and the players. Hating the Browns is a right of passage for any self respecting Steeler fan and as long as we beat them that's all I care about, every Steelers win vs the Browns is a great memory.
I agree 1000%:clap::tt02::cope::yellowthumb:

AZ_Steeler
09-11-2008, 10:28 PM
More than half those games were before my time! :D

BlitzburghNation
09-11-2008, 10:34 PM

:ditto: This was the most exiciting game for me,,,,,,,,,What a comeback :eek1:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-11-2008, 11:05 PM

To me that would be the most memorable Steelers/Browns game.....That was one of the best games I have seen....:yellowthumb:

Stairwayto7
09-12-2008, 04:19 AM
41-0 in 2005 was a great memory for me. It was on christmas eve. and James harrison slamming one of there moronic fans was a classic!

2004 we beat the Browns 24-10 in a game i attended. We find our seats about 45 minutes before kick off. Alot of fighting going on in the stands etc. Then a fight breaks out on the field during pregame warm ups.We're like "what's going on"?

My brother had his radio on and we hear Joey porter and William Green have been ejected. An unknown named James Harrison replaces Porter and plays a great game.

I agree the Christmas Eve game was awesome, couldnt wait for Santa after that one

JB 67
09-12-2008, 10:35 AM
I remember John L Williams scoring on a long run and icing the game in the playoffs..The only Steelers Browns game i saw live but It was a great game..

Stairwayto7
09-12-2008, 10:40 AM
I didn`t read the date of the poll, it does look to be a little old.

Dean Denton
09-12-2008, 10:49 AM
That's the game that does it for me. Even though it was Maddox, I thought the high drama late in the game makes it #1 in my book. What a come back, and in the playoffs too.

Stairwayto7
09-12-2008, 10:52 AM
That's the game that does it for me. Even though it was Maddox, I thought the high drama late in the game makes it #1 in my book. What a come back, and in the playoffs too.

The thing about that game was, Maddox was the first QB, at the time, that we had in along time that could bring us back in a game.

Dean Denton
09-12-2008, 11:30 AM
The thing about that game was, Maddox was the first QB, at the time, that we had in along time that could bring us back in a game.
All my friends were calling me at half time or just at the start of the third Q to say "Sorry man, thats a tough loss." They called to talk shiat, but little did they know that the One game gun slinger was gettin ready to break out.
No one called me after they won. hhhmmmm, what losers I hang out with....lol, well, most of them are Seahawk fans....hahahahahaha

Clevelandsux
09-12-2008, 05:18 PM
The two playoff games were classic, especially because it was the 3rd we beat them both seasons.

The 2002 was the wildest. Our secondary sucked and Kelly Holcomb threw all over us. The problem was the Browns could not run on us. Kendrell Bell was limping around the whole game, but made several key stops that enabled us to comeback. Had he not made those stops we would have lost.

I remember being sick to my stomach thinking we were going to lose to the Browns at home in the playoffs. That I was going to hear about this for years to come. Maybe I should check out real estate in other states etc. LOL

We had about giuven up on the game. When the steelers scored to make it 33-28 I told my brother to get back in here! I knew the comeback was brewing! How we won that game I have no idea. We were dominated and outplayed the whole afternoon. We could not stop Cleveland's passing game.

After that game that's when I realized why we are the Steelers and why they are the Browns.:tt02:

Moondog
09-13-2008, 12:13 AM
No. 1 at Pittsburgh, November 25, 1979

Matt Bahr, whose 21 yard field goal with 24 seconds left tied the game, kicked a 37 yarder with nine seconds left in overtime to vault the Steelers to a 33-30 victory over the hated Browns in what some observations felt was the best NFL game played at Three Rivers Stadium.

Franco Harris carried 32 times for 151 yards and caught a career high nine passes for 81 yards to drag Pittsburgh back from deficits of 20-6 and 30-20, but it was the defensive work of L.C. Greenwood that had most of the Steelers' admiration after an exhausting four hours of football.

Greenwood was in on five of the seven sacks of Cleveland quarterback Brian Sipe, three coming in the fourth quarter. "I'm so exhausted I can barely move; I can barely stand up," said Greenwood. "It was one of the most physical games I've played in the 11 years I've played football. We played five quarters. Five complete quarters. I guess for the fans, it was a very dramatic game. For us it was a hard fought game. We had to fight. Cleveland played great football."

Cleveland players said the same thing of the Steelers, and the same could be said for most of the past 46 years.

Find out the other nine @ http://www.pittsburghsteelers.co.uk/steelers/browns/page3.htm
I remember giving high fives to my Uncle when Bahr kicked the winning field goal. I was seven. Thanks for the flashback, but I have to say that last playoff win against the Clowns was memorable also.

Clevelandsux
09-13-2008, 01:54 AM
Last years game vs the Browns in Pittsburgh was a good one too. I was there. I was bumbing all afternoon. Cribbs almost single handedly beat us. Ben scampered for that 30 yard td. He almost put that whole team on his back. Almost like we ain't losing to these guys!

Thank god, had we lost the Browns would have won the division.