PDA

View Full Version : It`s more that just cleveland week....

Stairwayto7
09-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Yeah, We need to beat cleveland because the are one of the weaker teams that we face.
And we know that the toughest part of our schedule later in the season,. So we can`t afford to lose these easier games now.
Yeah their the browns, and we love kicking the dog, when we walk in the house.
And Yes we need the win for whats left of our rivalry, at least they still think its a rivalry.
But to me we need to just accumulate as many wins as we can early. Alot of teams are banged up already, and most will get healthy later. So we need the wins, especially over the teams that we should beat.

So lets get a big jump on the AFCN, and the AFC. Lets start building for a home playoff game that WE deserve.

cleveland is just the next team on the hitlist, aka schedule.

AZ_Steeler
09-11-2008, 08:17 PM
:woot: :helmet: :cope:

Are you going to show up for the pre-game talk in the locker room? :bigthumb:

Stairwayto7
09-11-2008, 08:21 PM
:woot: :helmet: :cope:

Are you going to show up for the pre-game talk i the locker room? :bigthumb:

HUH ? :yellowthumb:

steelerschick1220
09-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Seriously Clevestinks, Tomlin should hire you to motivate these guys. With a speech like that, if they aren't ready to go out and play some ball they never will!!! I agree with your post. We need to beat the teams that we are better then which is something that we did not do last year.

Clevelandsux
09-11-2008, 09:02 PM
mikey t. has been keeping them even keel all week.

yinzer
09-11-2008, 09:46 PM
i'm just getting tired of this being called a "rivalry".

Stairwayto7
09-12-2008, 05:17 AM

Usually they only use the rivalry word in cleveland

steelersgal86
09-12-2008, 07:15 AM
is it Sunday yet?

Stairwayto7
09-12-2008, 11:41 AM
is it Sunday yet?

Why? Did you miss the BUS!

blackngold29
09-12-2008, 11:55 AM

As of late you're right, but all time we're only up by 2 games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browns-Steelers_rivalry). Big Ben is undefeated against the Browns.

steelersgal86
09-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Why? Did you miss the BUS!

:cursin: :cursin: no you did

Dean Denton
09-12-2008, 12:14 PM
I know what you mean. Just remember the minute we start to think its not, the Browns will sneak in a win. Lets just keep entertaining their thoughts so it doesn't come back to bite us. We are for sure the better franchise, with better players, coaches, and everything else, but you can only be a whipping bitch for so long before it gets old, and you start to fight back. There is no team the Brownss want to beat more than the Steelers, and they will get up for us nop matter what. We need to do the same.

BlitzburghNation
09-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Think we are primed to give another :moon: kicking,,,,,,,,:ktrain:

Kinda close early,,,,,,But them CLOWNS will lose heart as game moves along & tire from chasing Ben & Willie !

Do not believe our players are overlooking them,,,,,Tomlin won't allow it & besides it's just not in them !

FINAL SCORE:
STEELERS 34
STAINS 13

yinzer
09-12-2008, 01:07 PM
I know what you mean. Just remember the minute we start to think its not, the Browns will sneak in a win. Lets just keep entertaining their thoughts so it doesn't come back to bite us. We are for sure the better franchise, with better players, coaches, and everything else, but you can only be a whipping bitch for so long before it gets old, and you start to fight back. There is no team the Brownss want to beat more than the Steelers, and they will get up for us nop matter what. We need to do the same.

i get what you're saying. i'm not taking this game lightly. the clowns have skill, no doubt about that. but what we, the fans, think has nothing to do with the outcome. it's all in the hands of our stillers.

Stairwayto7
09-13-2008, 09:13 AM
Pittsburgh leads the all-time series 57-55 (including postseason) after sweeping the Browns for the fourth consecutive year in 2007... the Steelers are 48-24 against the Browns since 1970.

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:
:tt02::tt02::tt02:
:tt02::tt02:
:tt02:

Lets keep it going!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-14-2008, 01:59 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08258/912066-66.stm

In the old days, broadcasters would talk about the hatred between the fans of these two teams, and writers would recall the classic games and dirty plays that took place when the Steelers and Cleveland Browns met.

Since the Browns entered the NFL in 1950, they've played the Steelers twice annually except when there were no Cleveland Browns in the seasons of 1996-1998. Indeed, there were classics, and the best team did not always win.

Not any more. Since the Browns returned as an expansion team in 1999, they've been failures for the most part, and the Steelers have taken advantage of it. Only once in nine seasons has Cleveland made the postseason, and the Browns lost that playoff game in grand style by collapsing in the fourth quarter in Heinz Field after the 2002 season.

That game is part of the nine-game winning streak the Steelers have against the Browns, among the 15 times the Steelers conquered them in the past 16 games. Tonight, they will try to make it an even 10 when they play the Browns at 8:15 in Cleveland Browns Stadium.

Steelers-Browns is not so much a rivalry anymore as it is a smackdown.

Who knows this better than Orpheus Roye? Once a Steelers defensive end, he left as a free agent in 2000 and spent the past eight seasons in Cleveland, a witness to all but one season of the New Browns' franchise history. He returned as a backup defensive end with the Steelers in August with a better sense of what it's like on the other side than anyone else in their locker room.

"It's more of a desperation over there," Roye said of the feelings in Cleveland before this game, "where over here it's more like just getting the job done."

Roye returned to the Steelers since Aug. 17. He was a starter for the Browns from 2000-07, although he was limited to six starts last season. They released him in February before having to pay him a $1.5 million roster bonus.

He was part of the Steelers' 43-0 victory to welcome the Browns back into the NFL in the first game of 1999. Then, he helped the Browns beat the Steelers in Cleveland Stadium in 2000, 23-20, with nine tackles and two quarterback pressures. It was the only time in nine games against the Steelers in Cleveland that the New Browns have won.

"It's a hump that's been hard to get over," Roye said. "Since I've been over there, we only beat Pittsburgh [in Cleveland] one time. It's a thorn in your side, and you can't seem to get it out, you know?"

No, but former Browns do.

"Reasons?" wondered Nick Eason, a Steelers defensive end since last season, with the Browns the previous three. "I just think this team has a lot of camaraderie, familiarity. Guys have been playing together, there's a lot of consistency. If you look at Cleveland, there's a lot of changes every year. defensively or offensively. Here, we had time to bond together. There are a lot of reasons here: great players, team camaraderie, unselfishness, guys are patient with coaching, good ownership ..."

The Steelers, taking their cue from coach Mike Tomlin Tuesday, tried to build the Browns up all week. Many winced when asked if they own the Browns.

Defensive end Brett Keisel paused and looked at such a questioner as if he were being force-fed cactus.

"No," he finally blurted after a long pause.

Tackle Willie Colon reminded everyone that the Steelers last year were supposed to beat the New York Jets and Arizona Cardinals, too, and did not.

"You can't take any team lightly in this league," Colon insisted. "We got kicked in the butt so many times. We went to New York and lost up there, we went down to Arizona and should have beat them. At the end of the year, Baltimore was on one leg, and we lost to them."

It sounds like the team is in the right frame of mind judging by Colon's comments. Take nothing for granted, take no one lightly, go out there and kick *** every week no matter what.